TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Carroll Shelby Passes

Staff

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of my best days in life was riding on Shelby's pontoon boat on his lake in East Texas. I was fortunate to meet and speak with this great visionary on several occassions and have persued his creations all of my 'driving' life. Owning some of his original Mustang variants and now a 2011 GT500 you can always feel his touch on the cars. We all know the story and we all know that Ford will continue to build vehicles with his name, but his input will be missed.Shel01.jpg

Our thoughts and prayers to Mr. Shelby's family during this difficult time. Words are inadequate to express the sadness we feel at the loss of such a wonderful man.

Kenny & Kim Adam

Rest in Peace. Thank you for the American legands you created and the lives you changes with your Foundation. Our condolences to your family thru this time.

My SGT was "born" in Las Vegas on May 10, 2007. This day has always been a special day to me. Now this date will forever be bittersweet.

Erik & Judy Jensen

Godspeed Mr Shelby. While I never had the pleasure of meeting you, I too am deeply saddened by your passing. Your absence will forever leave a void in the this world, surely to be felt by many Shelby Owners across the world.

My deepest sympathies go out to your wife and family!

Guest markham51

Just got back from a 3 hr drive in the SS. I cant tell you how much fun I had.

There will ALWAYS be a Shelby in my garage.

AND THANKS IN MY HEART

R.I.P.

RIP Carroll Shelby, you will be deeply missed by everyone except Ferrari, and always remembered for your greatness and making the Lone Star a little brighter. Godspeed to Terlingua and then tear em up in heaven.

A very sad day indeed. Thank you Mr. Shelby for all you have done in the motor world, and all the children you have helped over the years.

God Bless. you will be missed !

(Sigh), my condolences to his family, associates, and friends. I am thankful we where all a part of something "bigger" because of his passion and vision. This day has changed the automotive world forever. We lost a lengend and a hero to so many that have benefited from his generousity.

What a sad day and we will all miss him . He was like a father figure just can't believe he is gone. He gave so much to mankind and was always thinking about how he could help the other guy or gal. His original GT350 poster from 1966 that he signed will allways be on the wall next to my Shelby's.

Just heard the news and am deeply saddened! Though I feel I knew him in spirit, I only wish I'd gotten to meet him in person just to shake his hand. Wonderfully, the handshake will take place in my mind whenever I'm driving my Shelby.

RIP Mr. Shelby and God speed!

Sam

Rest in Peace Mr. Shelby and condolences to the Shelby Family.

You've helped design and build some of the most iconic cars around and the world of car enthusiasts seems a little bit dimmer today.

At least now in heaven, you can get back to one of your first passions, racing against some of the greatest drivers in the world again and beating Ferrari!

You shall be missed!

RIP Mr. Shelby... you had a great run and we should all be so blessed to have spent our lives doing what we love and leaving a legacy like yours.

I feel very blessed to own a piece of the Shelby fleet in my GT500, thank you for all you have done for us.

...for all the Fun, the Joy, the Excitment, and the Comaraderie you have brought to me and thousands of my Brothers and Sisters over the past 50 Years,

I truly Thank You.

...Rest Now Kind Sir,

as WE continue forward with the Carroll Shelby Legend by our side,

and the Carroll Shelby Spirit alive in our hearts.

May God Bless you Carroll Shelby.

-Quadcam

Although we all knew the time was nearing, this is a shock and a huge punch to the automotive community. Shelby actually had recently been battling illness, but released a statement saying he was resting comfortably. Shelby was a good guy, and THE single most influential people in the auto realm. He was a pioneer that we will not see the likes of again. He's been an icon for me since I was barely old enough to ride a bike.

God bless Carroll. Don't worry about speeding tickets anymore, you can put the hammer down all you like.

Archived