TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Carroll Shelby Passes

Staff

My condolences to the Shelby family, friends and co-workers. May God give you the strength to continue on in this time of deep sorrow. Rest in peace Carroll. You will be sorely missed.

Gus

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With great sadness I send my deepest condolances to Cleo and the entire Shelby family.

This is indeed a very sad day.

I have been blessed to meet Mr Shelby several times but my most cherished memory was when

I had the great priviledge of presenting Mr Shelby with a plaque at his 85th Birthday on behalf

of 50 Shelby owners........the inscription read:

To the Greatest American Racing Driver and Builder of The Worlds Most Incredible Cars

Thank you for not only living your dream but allowing us to share in it.

You have our undying Gratitude.

Happy 85th Birthday Mr. Carroll Shelby.

signed by the 50 of us with our names, screen names and csm #s.

The envelope was filled with checks for the Foundation.

th_CSBB_054.jpg

th_CSBB_045.jpg

th_CSBB_041.jpg

th_CSBB_040.jpg

With great sadness I send my deepest condolances to Cleo and the entire Shelby family.

This is indeed a very sad day.

I have been blessed to meet Mr Shelby several times but my most cherished memory was when

I had the great priviledge of presenting Mr Shelby with a plaque at his 85th Birthday on behalf

of 50 Shelby owners........the inscription read:

To the Greatest American Racing Driver and Builder of The Worlds Most Incredible Cars

Thank you for not only living your dream but allowing us to share in it.

You have our undying Gratitude.

Happy 85th Birthday Mr. Carroll Shelby.

signed by the 50 of us with our names, screen names and csm #s.

CSBB_054.jpg

CSBB_040.jpg

That was a fantastic weekend that started so many life long friendships....................God Bless Carroll Shelby.

I was at the 50th bash,i so wanted to meet or at least see carroll there.The name SHELBY speak's for itself.What a loss.

my deepest thought's and prayer to all,please take care of this great man god,he took care of a lot of us!!!!!!!!!!!!

Animated-6.gif

I have been thinking about Carroll for the last 6 hours. I have been at a loss of words but will try to post my thoughts.

I am very sad that he has died. -_-

The first thing that comes to my mind is the *fact* the Carroll was very open to tell everyone that he made a deal with the man upstairs. Our God !

God gave Carroll the chance to see if he would make good on his promise to help children in dire need.

Carroll did what he said he would do and even went above and beyond. He is a :superhero:hero to many of those children.

That is something I will never forget !

....and since Carrol believed in the Lord as being his personal savior the bible says that he is now in heaven with the Lord. For that *fact* I am very happy. :)

I find peace in knowing that Carroll went to heaven.

jesus.jpg

heroo.jpg

RIP Mr. Shelby... I am fortunate to have met you in person, blessed that you influenced our cars and touched our lives. We will do our best to ensure that your spirit will live on through SDAC for years to come.

Thanks to you Mr. Shelby for all you have done for car enthusiasts around the world - not to mention all the charity work your Foundation has done. I'm glad to have been able to enjoy some of your handiwork. Peace be with you and your family. God speed.

Words cannot express the sadness I feel. I never had the opportunity to meet the man, but he influenced my life from a distance, from history, from his ideals. My deepest sympathy to the family. I suspect the streets of heaven may hear some squalling tires!

I knew this day was coming and like everyone else was hoping it wouldn't be this soon. My deepest condolences to the family and to everyone involved with Shelby American and Team Shelby. Mr. Shelby's cars are the reason I fell in love with Mustangs and I consider it an honor I was finally able to buy one even though it was 30 years after I asked my brother what that white car with the blue stripes was.

I drove the Shelby to work tonight and couldn't help but raise a little hell on the way home. I think I might have woke my neighbors up when I came in. I couldn't help but think that might have put a smile on the old mans face.

I too am struggling to find the words. Rest in peace sir, you have been my hero since I was a child and you have done so much for so many. I am so very sad but take some comfort in the things that Rob (Grabber) mentioned.

When I stopped to think about how much joy I've had from and how much time I spend thinking about Shelby's and the people involved with them, it is pretty amazing. It has become a hobby and a passion for life that started for me as a young boy. Thank you Mr. Shelby for giving me such joy and for bringing me closer to so many great people.

It was a pleasure to meet you all those times and you will be so dearly missed. I pray your family finds peace and comfort soon.

Just got on here to see what the news is all about, and we can say, we have been truly Blessed, as has everyone else here, who has had the Chance to meet such a wonderful and knowledgeable man! Carroll will be greatly missed by all, but his Legacy will LIVE FOREVER!!! Our sincere sympathy goes out to the Family and close friends of Carroll's. The Good Lord was Gracious to allow this very talented and gifted man to communicate his knowledge to the auto building industry and bring these great cars to the public so that All could Enjoy and share in his Love for these cars. The gifts he gave through the Foundation to help mend another's life clearly shows his Love towards others! He will be missed, but Never Forgotten!!

Respectfully, Art and Bev Potter :salute:

WOW, while not completely unexpected looking back at events of the past few months, still the news is sad. We should try to remember that Mr Shelby is now pain free, and our pain at his passing will be over relatively quickly. Condolences to Cleo Shelby and his family members here in Texas.

Rest in peace Mr Shelby, Thank you for all that you have given and for making a difference in this world. I wish I could have had the honour to have met you. God bless you.

From the UK we too are saddened to hear the passing of the living legend which was Carroll Shelby. We salute your life and achievements and pray for the great man, his family, friends and all those working in the Shelby businesses and Foundation.

The world of motor sport will never be the same again, but we hope the spirit and success shown below at Le Mans in 1966 will carry on...

7178309482_a4bdc79f66_z.jpg

Alex

Archived