TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Carroll Shelby Passes

Staff

Such sad news, but what a full and exciting life he lead! I will be reminded of the sheer joy and thrill of speed that he thrived on every time I drive one of my wonderfully powerful Shelby cars! Thanks for the fun, Carroll Shelby; you will be missed!

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Carroll, Thank you for everthing that you have done for the automotive industry. There will never be any else like you, you are an American Icon and will be dearly missed. RIP Mr. Shelby and keep the hammer down.

post-36437-0-25888100-1336785557_thumb.jpg

post-36437-0-56817700-1336785793_thumb.jpg

post-36437-0-25888100-1336785557_thumb.jpg

post-36437-0-56817700-1336785793_thumb.jpg

Just got back, decided to take the GT500 to town to show the locals what Mr. Shelby hath loosed on the masses. Felt damn good grabbin third @ 5,000 rpm between lights, made me smile at a time I didn't want to smile....guess Mr. Shelby was smiling to, cuz.. no one stopped my forward momentum, lots of locals will remember that wicked fast mustang today. My Heartfelt condolences to Mrs. Shelby and her family for their great loss. My condolences to the rest of us today, God Bless us all !!

My goal in my professional life was to own a Shelby Mustang. I wanted to own a piece of history because of the man and what he represented. When the day came to purchase my 07 GT, my world changed. What an experience and thrill to own something with his name on it. The history speaks for itself as do the cars. Nothing else can compare. Mr. Shelby's legacy will last forever. RIP sir you will be missed.

In 1968 I saw my first Shelby sitting in a Ford dealer. I wasn't able to get one till recently.

Thanks!

God Bless you and yours!

PTL :salute:

I'll ride for you tomorrow and will do a lap a Summit in your Honor.

RIP, Mr. Shelby. Your passion and attitude were amazing and you will be sorely missed. Took my SGT out for a spin tonight an "lit 'em up" in your memory.

Thoughts and prayers to the Shelby family. I have owned 10 plus Mustangs in my life time, thanks Mr Shelby for all of the great times and all of the wins.. I am very fortunate to own a red and silver 2007 GT 500 I will always drive it like you designed it to be driven hard and fast..God Speed my freind!!!!!!!

From the local media The Shelby American Collection is an awesome place.

BOULDER - Carroll Shelby, the legenday car designer and champion auto racer, had plans to visit Colorado in September.

He passed away Thursday night in Dallas, Texas, after battling pneumonia. He was 89.

A large collection of some of the most famous cars bearing Shelby's name are housed in Boulder.

The Shelby American Collection has some of the most famous Shelby American cars every built. The display is through the generosity of many Shelby owners and collectors.

Among the rare cars that can be seen there include: a Daytona Coupe, a large collection of GT40's, Shelby Mustang GT500's and 289 and 427 Cobras.

This is the 50th anniversary of the Cobra and a special event was planned for Sept. 8 at the Shelby American Collection. Carroll Shelby was scheduled to attend, in addition to other notables, including Bob Bondurant, Jack Sears and other Shelby American team members.

The Shelby American Collection is a not-for-profit and open to the public on Saturdays. The address is 5020 Chapparal Court in Boulder. Admission is $5 and the collection is open from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m.

Story on Carroll's passing that aired tonight on NBC nightly news with Brian Williams. Brian owns a late model Shelby, and loves all things Shelby. Scroll down to see the story (after link).

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032619/

First, my thoughts and prayers go out to Carroll's family. He was a great man because he did great things and gave back. Many people make money and things and never give back. Through his foundation, Carroll gave the gift of life to many kids. He made great cars and I LOVE mine. But, as great a designer, innovator, leader, etc. he was. He was an even greater man for all he did for others.

I am running my Super Snake at an SVT event at VIR Memorial Day weekend. I am sure there will be a lot of new and old Shelby's there. I will make it a point to get us all together and say a prayer and raise a toast to the creator of our machines.

R.I.P. Carroll Shelby. I will miss you and miss knowing you are walking around dreaming up the next cool car that I have to own. I never met you, but I have read so much about you I feel like I know you. My SS speaks for you. It draws a crowd on the street and at the track. It performs great and people in my run groups always come over in amazement and say "wow! What is that thing? I can't believe how it goes and stops for a Mustang!" something I know you've heard for a long time about your cars.

God bless you.

BJ

Archived