TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Carroll Shelby Passes

Staff

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He lived a very long life, but he also lived a very great one. Look at all the work he did and so much he gave back to the community in return. Unfortunately nobody can live forever and we all must pass sometime in our life. He is considered a legend to all of us muscle and American car enthusiasts, and now we can keep up the tradition in the name of Carroll.

I send my prayers and condolences to the Shelby family and may the legend rest easy and fly high with all the other great legends that helped make the perception on how powerful American cars are today like on days like that of in 1966.

:salute::salute::salute::salute::salute::salute::salute:

God Bless Mr. Shelby... We know he's "driving" a Shelby somewhere in Heaven. Think I'll take the cover off and go for spin in his memory this evening.

Keith

I knew what a Cobra, a Mustang and a Shelby was when I was only a few years old. I can't recall a time in my life when that wasn't important to me. He left an unerasable mark on my life from the start. I've enver had the chance to put a snake emblazoned car in my garage, but I know what seeing one does to me. Carroll left a mark on the automotive world that will never be equalled, and will never fade. We are lucky to have lived in his time and to have shared in his vision, his cars, his fun.

I had the honor and pleasure of meeting Carroll once at SEMA in 1998 and getting an autograph. No photo, no COA...just a real nice memory that's worth more than it could ever bring on the market. And thats the way it should be.

My thoughts and prayers to his family, friends, and loved ones.

My heart is aching, Carrol Shelby's cars are simply reflections of the man...strong, tough and American... Mr. Shelby, I regret having never met you, but you and your cars have been a part of me since I was a kid. There are tears in my eyes as I say good bye and God Bless you.

Saddened to hear of Carroll's passing ... so fortunate to have witnessed history in the making during my childhood years (remember seeing my first GT-350 and AC Cobra, and feeling the excitement only a Shelby could bring).

Carroll's legacy is not only enduring because all of the fantastic cars that he designed & built over the years, and his success at the track, but also through all of the Shelby enthusiasts located around the globe. Another important contribution not to be overlooked is the Carroll Shelby Foundation, helping children cope with life-threatening illnesses and raising awareness for organ donation (I'm a registered organ donor).

My most sincere condolences to Carroll Shelby's family and everyone at Shelby American: He will be missed, but never forgotten.

th_Carroll.jpg

Thanks for posting the Avatar ilmor....

It actually came from a post on the No Topic Thread. I'm using it as my Twitter avatar as well.

The world has lost an American Icon. He leaves behind a legacy that will go on for years to come! Thank you for all you have given us!

This is a sad day for the Shelby community. Rest In Peace Mr. Shelby....

A man like Carroll Shelby never dies, he lives on in the hearts and minds of all he has touched, he is now a part of history and forever belongs to the ages

Condolences, tributes, and personal thoughts about Carroll and his passing from Leno, Ford, and others...

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/driveon/post/2012/05/saying-good-bye-to-carroll-shelby/1

I didnt have the opportunity to meet him but acording to what I have read about him and the legacy that he has left for all of us is like I knew him for many years!!

He is heaven now and trying to build a track to race Daytonas, Cobras, Shelbys...he will have a lot of fun and he will beat Enzo again in the same way like he did in the '60's...

God bless him and R.I.P.

Archived