TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Carroll Shelby Passes

Staff

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not 100% sure, but I think this is Carroll's last interview, taped in October 2011, just before he got sick in November; just a mere 7 months ago. Carroll looks great and healthy.

Classic talk by a classic man. Godspeed and rest in peace Carroll.

Thanks for sharing Sir.

What a Great Man, when you use the term "The Man" Carroll Shelby was the true meaning of that. What a Life he had lets remember all the good times. I am lucky enough to own one of his vehicles something I had dreampt about since I was a kid. If ever I saw an AC Cobra go buy me, I would ask my Dad! What is that? Cause it was Awesome! To this day I'm the same way! Carroll Shelby was a Living Legend, but now he is a the Real all time Legend. My thoughts and prayers go out the entire Shelby Family! you are gonna be greatly missed! Let's keep the brand strong going for him to see!

it's been a couple of days, while we all knew the say would come, it is still so hard to comprehend the loss of such a kind heart, a gentlemen, an enthusiast and a legend. It all started with his dream, his passion and in the end, he left us as a "Shelby family" with memories and friendships to last our lifetime. He may not be here with us, but he will never be forgotten and his legacy will live forever.

Mr. “Carroll Shelby” two words that speak for themselves, nothing else need be said.

Two words, a name “Carroll Shelby” that has special meaning to millions around the world.

He may not be with us building cars any more but I bet he’s upstairs watchen’ out for us and our cars.

You will be missed but not forgotten.

God bless, God be with you, my best your family.

Legends never actually die, so instead of coldolences, I just want to say Thank You for all you did, for what you ment to so many and for making and demanding only the best out of people while you spent your time with us. Here's to seeing you on the other side, tearing up tacks, ripping up the asphalt, and living it up once again....

Thanks for the memories.......

R.I.P Mr.Shelby :-(:: My Condolences to your family - I'm sorry i never had the chance to meet you in person. From what i've heard your just like my father was. All though i own one of your Dodge Shelby Dakotas i will cherish it more now than ever and keep the resto project going. I feel the same way now after hearing of your passing. As i did when my father passed away father's day 1987. My father & mother owned their own datsun dealership back in the early 1960's till 1980's and i was a big part of that lifestyle as well. So your family to me always & forever.

God Bless,

Leonard

When I told my 12 year old son, he said that its not over. His generation will continue it along. We need to remember that.

A whole new bunch of "young 'uns" have been exposed to what we grew up with.

Carroll's legacy with the automobile will continue.

I got to know Carroll through the course of my writing a biography on his longtime friend Masten Gregory. Carroll helped me with the book and helped me get Masten into the Missouri Sports Hall of Fame. He was a great guy who had a heart as big as the state of Texas. He was a true legend--the Enzo Ferrari of American motorsports. He will be missed.

Michael J. Cox

post-19154-0-47837800-1337004752_thumb.jpg

post-19154-0-47837800-1337004752_thumb.jpg

My heartfelt condolances go out to the Shelby family. May he forever rest in peace, I am proud to say that I own one of his fantastic cars and will always keep it and appreciate it as he would have wanted.

My condolences to his family.......we all have lost a forward thinker.......I grin every time I see his name on the rear of one of my cars.....in automotive numbers they are few and far between.....an we have the priviledge of keeping and driving them.

Wnenn (4 Shelbys with one on the way)

I drove my SGT everywhere this weekend in honor of Mr. Shelby's passing. I saw more GT-500's and Cobras on the road that I normally see in a month. Without fail, every one gave me a thumbs up and/or flashed their headlights.

I bought a box of Shelby Chili mix, or kit as they call it over the weekend. That was Saturday night's dinner. Yesterday I grilled rib eyes for Mother's Day. I used the Shelby Beef and Pork rub on them. This morning I made a donation to the Foundation.

"The Man"'s legacy lives on.

I drove my SGT everywhere this weekend in honor of Mr. Shelby's passing. I saw more GT-500's and Cobras on the road that I normally see in a month. Without fail, every one gave me a thumbs up and/or flashed their headlights.

I bought a box of Shelby Chili mix, or kit as they call it over the weekend. That was Saturday night's dinner. Yesterday I grilled rib eyes for Mother's Day. I used the Shelby Beef and Pork rub on them. This morning I made a donation to the Foundation.

"The Man"'s legacy lives on.

Carroll Shelbys chili, it's the Bomb. I always make it for my kids school potlucks and everone that has had it loved it. It is also the only chilli I will ever eat!

When I told my 12 year old son, he said that its not over. His generation will continue it along. We need to remember that.

A whole new bunch of "young 'uns" have been exposed to what we grew up with.

Carroll's legacy with the automobile will continue.

Absolutely... My 13 yr old has Shelby pictures/posters/memorablia plastered all over his walls. He also put a tribute to Carroll on all his text msgs... "RIP Carroll Shelby 1923-2012"

The Shelby Legend is strong as ever! :rockon:

Carroll Shelbys chili, it's the Bomb. I always make it for my kids school potlucks and everone that has had it loved it. It is also the only chilli I will ever eat!

I had seen it before but never tried it. It is most definately a "keeper". Next time around, I adding some onions, peppers and maybe beans. :drool:

Moments of silence were announced and observed before both the Continental Challenge and Rolex Races at the New Jersey Motorsports park this weekend. That was pretty cool. I'm sure the same was all across the country.

Carroll Shelby will be missed! We send our condolences to his family and those that were close to him. Every time I walk into my garage and look at one of his creations I will stop and think of him and what he has done. We are new to the Shelby family but not to Ford Mustangs and I will never forget the day #352 came home. Thank you Carroll.

Carroll Shelby, thank you for making the world a better place and I pray that you have eternal peace.

Archived