TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Carroll Shelby Passes

Staff

Over the years many different countries have produced automotive legends.

Boy, was this one ever an AMERICAN.

P.S., Ferrari's ass was indeed yours, Mr. S.

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our deepest thoughts and prayers go to his family. His wife, son's and daughter and those who worked with him every day at Shelby. Carroll Shelby was truly a Legend.

A 1000 page book could hardly contain the names of the people that this one man's life affected. From his family at home and work, to those he went to school with. For all of

those that he taught and shared his passion's with, and those on and off the track that he "Schooled"..... But most of all.... to the children that were helped.

You will be Missed

It has been a busy week and I just heard about the passing of a truly great and inspirational person. Although I have never met Mr. Shelby in person, the joy I get from driving my vehicle, for which he was a major contributing factor to its development, is breath taking and his name will not be forgotten. His autographed placard on my dash is a daily reminder of the man who overcame many obstacles to live his dream and passion for fast cars. My condolences go out to his family and friends.

I wish to express my condolences to his family, as I can only imagine what they must be going through. Our thoughts are with you.

Although I never had an opportunity to meet Mr. Shelby, I guess I lived vicariously through those of you who did. In that respect, like many I feel like He was a personnel friend. His passion for racing and automotive development is something we all share. What he did for the automotive industry and the lives he touched can never be measured. Previous posts and media releases refer to him as a friend, giant, visionary, pioneer, legend, mentor, competitor and hero just to name a few. When I think of Mr. Shelby “class act” comes to mind as through all of his ventures he did them with dignity and admiration and always gave something back. No doubt he has traded his headers for a set of wings. Some have said “it’s the end of an automotive era” Not at all. What he created will never end.

With that said: “press on folks, let’s see what we can do to make them faster” It's what he would have wanted.

Thank you Mr. Shelby for everything you gave this world! You said you didn't want it to be about you, but that it should be about the cars. Well, we wouldn't have those cars without a man like yourself and many families wouldnt have their loved ones without your help... My condolences to his family, friends, and co-workers over the years. May we all be better drivers now that Carroll's spirit can ride shotgun whenever we turn that key!

I will always cherish the first and only time I was able to meet him and shake his hand. That was during EAA 2010 with my son!

Thank you for providing us with some wonderful machines.

RIP Mr. Shelby!

I can't think of anyone else that influenced the cars we drive as much as he did. He was a performance enthusiast and a racing legend and I thank

him for his influence on me and all the fond memories I have of my "motorhead" years - which I still am enjoying today.

RIP Mr. Shelby.

We all knew this day would come, but it doesn't diminish the shock and sadness of the passing of one of my personal heroes, Carroll Shelby. Since childhood, I marveled in admiration of all the accomplishments and the performance iconic automobiles of 'the man who beat Ferrari'. Fifty years ago, a legend began, and I was honored to celebrate this years 50th anniversary with the Shelby family. I will think of you more, and smile longer every time I drive my KR, which bares your name.

The race is run, the flag unfurled, the champion now will rest.

God speed, Carroll Shelby, we will never forget you.

God bless you and your family. RIP

Jan. 23, 1923 - May 10, 2012

2e20f56a4046387200dca7d0096da633.jpg

2e20f56a4046387200dca7d0096da633.jpg

Went by Laguna Seca (where Shelby had Ford had many early successes) on our way to Monterey for the day. :peelout:

We had planned to take our bicycles earlier in the week, but we obviously had to make a change to honor Carroll! :salute:

GTH_MB.jpg

Listening to the Interview Jay Leno had with Carroll on March 17, 2010........................

http://www.jaylenosg...html#item=83349

What a wonderful interview announcing the new GT350! Such wonderful Memories of the MAN! :cry: Thanks Carroll for everything you gave and still gives!!

Rest in Peace, Mr. Shelby. I look to your lifetime of accomplishment with great admiration and respect. You shall be missed. Many condolences to your family.

Thank you Mr. Shelby for all of your hard work and dedication, not only in the automotive world but through your foundation as well. We are appreciative and we'll cherish your memory forever. You are an American Icon

RIP Carroll Shelby!! You were a legend and your legacy will go on forever!! I will never forget going on that Shelby drive a few years ago to your hometown of Pittsburg TX with 100 other Shelby's in line as people cheered us on as we passed thru each little town! Then we reached the little college where you had donated a auto school and to see how humble you were was one of my favorite and most memorable times ever!! Just know that every time I climb in my Shelby, look at your signature and hear that Shelby engine rumble it puts a smile on my face and turns heads as i drive down the road!!

Thank you Mr. Shelby for designing and building the legendary Shelby Mustang!!

Archived