TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Carroll Shelby Passes

Staff

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RIP Mr. Shelby!!! This is a sad day for America and all Car lovers around the World. My condolences to his family and friends!! We maybe have lost a Legend but we will never forget him!!! Every time when i will drive my Shelby GT500 or i will see one of his Cars i will think about him. God speed to you Carroll.

To remember him and in his honor i will drive now over the Autobahn and later over the Ring to show that his spirit will never die and will live with and in his Cars vorever!!!!!!

Thank You Carroll for all the wonderful memories that you have created for the automotive world and for our family. It was a pleasure meeting you in Terlingua 2008 and at Oshkosh in 09 and 2010, at Tulsa 09 Shelby 427 race and at a few of the bashes. I first became a Shelby fanatic when I rented a 07 Hertz in SanFransico it was during my 35th Birthday and my life has not been the same since. You really are a legend and an inspiration to all who love performance cars. I hope that Shelby American continues for another 50 years or more. Thank you for your generosity of creating the childrens foundation. We will miss you but not forget you.

I too would like to send my condolences to his family and loved ones. Never an easy thing to loose a loved one. His life and legacy will carry on forever in our hearts and minds. God bless you Mr. Shelby and your family!!! Thank you for all your awesome contributions in the car industry.

God Bless Mr. Shelby, RIP. A world of automotive enthusiasts will forever be thankful. This man built the fastest & greatest Fords,

helped design the fastest & greatest Mopar, and to compete GM had no choice but to build faster & greater cars. He gave something to

all of us regardless of what American car we preferred. He was a one-of-a-kind, that's for sure!

Carroll Shelby was an inspiration to me since I was a young man and will always be remembered as a true innovator with automobiles.

Heaven just got another racing legend,

I am saddened, my condolences also to family and close friends...very happy I am a part of this from the 1st Dearborne tour to the 1st Terlingua event and meeting him. Sharing that with my wife who was wondering what the heck was this about and why I was so crazy about this since I first bugged her about buying my 07 in 06 in the beginning . Knowing I was blessed to be a part of this TEAM SHELBY when it was Stangs Unleashed AND the people people we have met because of Carroll's vision....he will be missed by many and we all will continue to enjoy what he started way before I was born. Now I want to drive my car......

Although it has been since midday yesterday since I heard this...it is really starting to hit me now....

Went out for dinner last night with my family. My bride and I in our '68KR, our son and his girlfriend in the Hertz! In honor of the MAN!

Tom

I have never been one to get emotional about famous figures passing but I have to say when I heard about Carroll I was deeply saddened like I had lost a family member. Carroll touched so many lives in so many different ways. I also feel fortunate to have been a part of this family since 2006 and able participate in the events and meet Carroll, Cleo and everyone else. My thoughts are with Cleo and the rest of the Shelby family and friends. This is certainly a tough time for everyone.

Took off out of work early yesterday to honor Carroll the only way I knew how. Cruised the Cobra through the canyon pass between the San Fernando Valley and Simi Valley.

Sound from the GoPro is very poor so you might want to turn down the volume....sorry.

th_PICT0008.jpg

When I get home tonight, I'm jumping in my '68KR, revving it to redline, then going for a spirited drive.

Godspeed Carroll, an automotive Icon and American legend

Thank you sir :salute: for this passion

I to ,Thank you Mr Shelby for the passion of my SuperSnake.

I also jumped in my SS and laid tribute to Carrol Shelby in four points of my town North ,South ,East , and lastly to the West !!!!

My prayers and the best to his family and Cleo.

My hero is resting :salute:

Having something personalized by Carroll means even more to us now!

So true Art.

Marji thought I was nuts with all the books, diecasts, photos and car parts Carroll personalized for me. I even got an extra airbag cover autographed in case the SS or 40th needs it.

What is there to say that hasn't been said already?

I thought the man could never be stopped, then this happens. I thought about it for a while and realized that he hasn't been stopped, he's just shifted up to the next gear.

Drive on Carroll, drive on!

May you rest in peace Mr Shelby. You will be missed I will be thinking of you when I take my first drive in my 2013 GT500!! Ill be sure to get at least one ticket in memory of you and what you brought to the world. My Thoughts and Prayers go out to your family. I just received an email from my Dealer my GT500 was built May 7th. Thanks for all your contributions!!

Archived