TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Van

Jdolt

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll buy one just to restore and put in the warehouse when the time comes. Just waiting for the right one. Considering what we pay for other cars, whats 2-5k?

I would have bought #30, but I just bought the Terlingua and the explorer. My wife would have killed me. Lol

• 1 month later...

I'm thinking of entering my #14 in the 2014 Annual Ojai April Fool's Run Car Show as a curiosity/show-only entry the 30th of March. Show-only because it doesn't fit any of the competitive categories and mostly because I haven't restored it in any way and won't have money or time before the show.

Wish I had a full history on how many were built and how many are still registered or proven roadable so I could make up a factual and interesting story-board so people won't throw rocks at something few people believe is for real.

Any thoughts?

Jdolt

• 11 months later...

The time has come that I cannot do the restoration that this van deserves and I can't afford to just let it rust away, so, anyone interested in a real, 1989 Shelby Dodge B250 Van in good condition aside from some bad skin cancer at the drivers windshield post upper corner and the A/C nor the speed control working and on a SALVAGED California title. New brakes, less than 3000 miles on them and the tires all 'round. What do they say when a vehicle needs woirk? Needs some TLC? Well, anyhow, it drives so well and starts instantly every time, a true classic Dodge-full-size-van driving experience.

Price? $2500 OBO. I will copy this and post it in the other forum under "89 Shelby Dodge Van " so it gets noticed by all that may be interested. I am on the West Coast just two miles from the ocean, about half-way between Los Angeles and San Francisco. No shipping or any of those deals. If I don't get interest here I may consider listing on eBay, but I'd rather a Shelby guy got first chance.

Let me know if truly interested, I have no time or inclination to play games. Too old for that now,

Thanks guys

• 4 months later...

Restoration of the van is moving forward. All rust and dents removed, new paint and rear spare tire cover in place. Ladder and roof railing powder coated.

Next up will be to re-dye the interior original fabric, as it has faded a bit, but is in great shape. Then new blinds, and a couple small plastic pieces I'll need to find in a salvage yard. (I hope)

image.jpg

Geez, Warren!! The running borads needed some love? You have given Grady's Joy a whole new face, figure and outlook!! THANKS. What a beauty she is now, thanks to your dedication and taste(s).

Again and again, I say THANKS.

Re: The wheels

Geez guys, I already spent 3 hours each wheel to get them to where they were when Dubbs took her from me!! They, all 4 were BROWN when I bought her. But the Mother's cone and mag/aluminum polish can only do so much. Needs the industrial approach. me-thinks.

ANYHOW, she looks way great even though only half-way done.

I'M smiling and I KNOW Grady is laughing at the improvements neither he nor I could do or afford (well, I couldn't) to have done.

Go get-/em Dubbs!!!

• 11 months later...

Update:

So I took the van to Aaron Shelby's Legacy Bank Shelby Auto show today. After a very surprising reception, I had the amazing opportunity to send it back home to California with a very special and wonderful Shelby employee. It will spend much of its time along side other special Shelbys in the Gardenia Collection at CSCF.

I bought this van from a great guy that did a really good job taking care of something no one knew about, and without his efforts, we might not ever had this chance. Thank you Jerry.

I couldn't pass up the chance to get it, bring it to Texas, and get it into like original condition without making any "mods or improvements".

It's not perfect, and I'm not a restoration guy, but I stopped the deteriorating and put it on a path to preservation.

We had an amazing road trip with it, an experience of a lifetime to cherish for my life, and the honor of becoming part of its story.

Jerry, Alex, Sal, Another Alex, David....thank you all.

Sean, my brother, who without the passion and hard work to get all this way across the country, would never have been possible.

Tracey, I consider this an honor and a gift. Thank you for seeing the vision, and just "getting it". You truly are the best leader by example, and Carroll's number 1 fan.

• 3 years later...

Archived