TEAM SHELBY FORUM

8.8 Axle Restore.............

Thanks Blayne.

I have seen the FRPP G2 low profile cover used with Fays, but not the CS cover. It appears that it would work, but I did not know of any actual install verifications.

I have the billet Shelby/Fays, but I am going to save it for a future install. I am changing/adding so many things during this "axle out", I don't want to add another change at this time.

R

Your welcome. Looking forward to seeing your differential reinstalled.

Your welcome. Looking forward to seeing your differential reinstalled.

Believe me, so am I !!

It would have moved forward yesterday except for the graphics co. that is replicating my axle tube i.d. sticker/label was not done with the finished product. That was kind of a let down, but they say it will be done early this week. It will be much easier to correctly install that label on the tube while the axle is out, instead of trying to install it laying on my back under the car. The sticker overlaps itself (as did the original), so it is a one shot install. I had a couple extras made.

Here is the first example of my replicated axle tag/label..........

0017-1.jpg

The proof looked right, but the end result after it printed was a wayyy to dark barcode. It could be installed and many people would not even notice the dark barcode, but I want it to look right, and that means a lighter barcode. This has been the hold up with the label, and it needs to be installed while the axle is out.

R

Finally!!!....................Yesterday the graphics company finished my axle tube i.d. sticker. I applied it in the correct/original position last night, filled the diff. with fluid, and now it is ready to be reinstalled.

The last view "out of the car"..............

0019-1.jpg

R

• 10 months later...

wow awesome job, i have mine apart and this is something to do this year!!! excellent job and info thanks!!!

Archived