TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Carroll Shelby Foundation Signature Program Dis-continued

sharon

Very few men can touch the lives of others like Carroll Shelby did with this Foundation. It is impressive to think of how many more lives will be touched by his legacy.

Andy.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only so many are "real" authentic autographs. The autopen signatures are more of a commemorative signature. There are differences between the two. It shouldn't take away anything from having his authentic autograph. I was lucky enough to get two autographs from him and would still send out items for the autopen even though they aren't "his" signatures.

I have dozens of original CS signature items that acquired from the Foundation or as gifts from CS directly over the past 30+ years. I have no problem continuing to support of the Foundation with or without a robo-signed item. Heck, many of the gift signature itrems have no "authenticity" paperwork and I do not care as they are will never be sold or auctioned unless completely for charity. Some have both both CS signatures, Carroll and Cleo. My Shelby vehicles support my feeling of road power so I enjoy paying back with support of Carroll's legacy charity. I have been through the various names of the chariyt: Carroll Shelby Heart Foundation, Shelby Childrens Foundation and the Carroll Shelby Foundation, all of which have the same focus of support the kids that need organ donations and recovery assistance. Some of his Carroll's last signatures taht I have are when he was ailing and are a bit shaky, not the clear standard ones of the past. Those mean even more to meas he was trying his best to keep the Foundation funded as long as he could at a difficult time. My support will continue no matter what. It meant everything to Carroll and I appreciate that.

Some people have a different opinion. When you are gone the signatures should stop being produced. Takes away from having one imho.

Boss Hoss 540,

Yes, you are entitled to your opinion. But consider this. Carroll was blessed to receive a donor heart when he badly needed one. He then made a deal with the Big Guy upstairs that from that day forward, he would repay that blessing. Hence the Carroll Shelby Foundation. The CSF is responsible for helping untold numbers of sick children in their dire quest for good health. Is that not an admirable goal now and into the future? If Carroll approved of his commemorative signature as a vehicle to accomplish that goal, what right do we have have to be critical of his decision? Do you want to tell a child's parents, "sorry, I can't help"? Are you similarly critical of Newman's Own foundation and the method in which it is funded, now that Paul is no longer with us? If I need to buy salad dressing or marinara, it's a no brainer! This isn't whoring, it's about helping others who can't help themselves. Many, many celebrities (to ones credit) use their star status for the same charity purposes. Do you prefer those celebrities who are self absorbed, rebuff the public, but laugh all the way to the bank with your money spent on their movie, music, sporting event, etc? I think not...

We are collectively the benefactors of Carroll having been one of the longest surviving heart transplant patients on record. Had this not been the case, I doubt the recent resurgence of "muscle cars" would have unfolded as it did. We would not have had the opportunity to relive a part of our youth that harkens back to the 60's or that is similarly appreciated by younger enthusiasts today. To payback (or pay forward if you will) that gift we were given, I support the CSF and Carroll's goals, whether it was for 2 dashes, or the 3 going forward. Just sayin...

Boss Hoss 540,

Yes, you are entitled to your opinion. But consider this. Carroll was blessed to receive a donor heart when he badly needed one. He then made a deal with the Big Guy upstairs that from that day forward, he would repay that blessing. Hence the Carroll Shelby Foundation. The CSF is responsible for helping untold numbers of sick children in their dire quest for good health. Is that not an admirable goal now and into the future? If Carroll approved of his commemorative signature as a vehicle to accomplish that goal, what right do we have have to be critical of his decision? Do you want to tell a child's parents, "sorry, I can't help"? Are you similarly critical of Newman's Own foundation and the method in which it is funded, now that Paul is no longer with us? If I need to buy salad dressing or marinara, it's a no brainer! This isn't whoring, it's about helping others who can't help themselves. Many, many celebrities (to ones credit) use their star status for the same charity purposes. Do you prefer those celebrities who are self absorbed, rebuff the public, but laugh all the way to the bank with your money spent on their movie, music, sporting event, etc? I think not...

We are collectively the benefactors of Carroll having been one of the longest surviving heart transplant patients on record. Had this not been the case, I doubt the recent resurgence of "muscle cars" would have unfolded as it did. We would not have had the opportunity to relive a part of our youth that harkens back to the 60's or that is similarly appreciated by younger enthusiasts today. To payback (or pay forward if you will) that gift we were given, I support the CSF and Carroll's goals, whether it was for 2 dashes, or the 3 going forward. Just sayin...

+1 :salute:

Boss Hoss 540,

Thanks SVT NAJA.............great post. :salute:

Boss Hoss 540,

Well said....

While I got several signatures over the years, it really is about the many lives CS touched through the Foundation. That is priceless. Just ask the families. The signature is just an added bonus.

Hope folks can see beyond the signature.

Just a bump. Its beyond the signature

Boss Hoss 540,

+1

Who has more signatures than him?

http://cgi.ebay.com/...EWAX%3AIT#v4-42

40th anniversary.....asking more than $100K

He explains: *Of these signed items, four are auto parts-Airbag Cover, Sun Visors, Dash Plaque (engraved with VIN number). *The remaining eleven signatures are on Documents, Certificates, and other assorted "Paperwork" on this car. The items are as follows: one 40th Anniv. folder; one 40th Anniv. picture with different color 40th cars; one Build Sheet; one Mod Shop Build Sheet; one GT500 Owner's Guide; one Shelby Supplement; two Window Stickers (one original and one copy); one clear-coated Owner's Guide and Shelby Supplement Leather Case. *Auto parts and Owner's Manual Leather Case have been treated and preserved with two coats of Krylon Flat Clear.* All of the paperwork is kept in a Custom Leather Briefcase (Black with Silver stripes, Shelby deck lettering, Cobra emblem, and the 40th Anniversary GT500 Logo.) There are two copies of all documents/paperwork inside this briefcase, one of which has been laminated and preserved for the lucky owner of this vehicle

$(KGrHqV,!qcE88ftTVwTBPsvQOb4fw~~60_3.JPG

I don't mean to sound stupid but my trunk liner that was signed by Carroll has only one visible horizontal slash. Is this going to affect the Integrity or authenticy of the product that is on my car. I guess my question is really directed to Robert or Sharon. Thanks for any information.

I don't mean to sound stupid but my trunk liner that was signed by Carroll has only one visible horizontal slash. Is this going to affect the Integrity or authenticy of the product that is on my car. I guess my question is really directed to Robert or Sharon. Thanks for any information.

Isn't that a embroidered item?

If it's a true signature, signed by Carroll Shelby, you will have a Cert. Of Authenticity (COA) with it to prove it's real. Without a COA or at least a photo of Shelby signing it...it is worthless ON THE COLLECTORS MARKET (i.e. to sell). That's not to say it's worthless to you, just to someone considering it for purchase.

Phill

I printed up the old one ,changed it to $75.00 just got back from the ups store,, the sunvisor is on it's way. I would rather do this then deal with some of the people on ebay !!!, God Bless Carrol Shelby

I have a COA that came with it and I purchased the item from the Shelby store almost 2 years ago. I was just wondering just for the fact it only has one hash mark. Also it is not embroidered but signed with a silver sharpie. It looks great but I was just curious about the hashes.

I've got some pieces with a COA that have only one hash mark. The one item I was present while he signed has no underline nor hash mark, but that was done before COAs. If that's going ot mean that people don't believe it's the real deal then that's their loss, but these items arent' up for grabs anyway. I'm quite sure fakes are being made up as we speak(type?), but there are plenty of legit signed product out there, mostly the ones that aren't for sale right now!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived