TEAM SHELBY FORUM

KR Billet Fuel Doors

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you much for posting those pics. Excellent work! The door looks very nice!

No problem with the pics (sort of wanted it all in one instead of thumbnails).

I didnt think i would like the billet door but I actually like it. The black KR's are probably the most non loud KR but very beautiful. (Meaning the other colors stand out with two different colors and the black is more monotone). The GT500KR's have alot of writing all around the vehicle for you to know its a KR. But on the Black KR's its hard to see the GT500KR on the lower rockers and the slight change in black makes you notice the car and look at the billet. Not sure how I would like the silver one... need to see it also on a black KR

Mac

I didnt think i would like the billet door but I actually like it. The black KR's are probably the most non loud KR but very beautiful. (Meaning the other colors stand out with two different colors and the black is more monotone). The GT500KR's have alot of writing all around the vehicle for you to know its a KR. But on the Black KR's its hard to see the GT500KR on the lower rockers and the slight change in black makes you notice the car and look at the billet. Not sure how I would like the silver one... need to see it also on a black KR

Mac

One of our staffers here at Shelby owns a black/black KR. If you REALLY want a photo, I'll put one on his car and snap a pic' for you.

I'll probably have to buy him lunch so he leaves the premises for 30 minutes while I mess with his car, but hey... I work for you all.

Jer

One of our staffers here at Shelby owns a black/black KR. If you REALLY want a photo, I'll put one on his car and snap a pic' for you.

I'll probably have to buy him lunch so he leaves the premises for 30 minutes while I mess with his car, but hey... I work for you all.

For me....that would be very much appreciated and really helpful.

Jer

I didnt think i would like the billet door but I actually like it. The black KR's are probably the most non loud KR but very beautiful. (Meaning the other colors stand out with two different colors and the black is more monotone). The GT500KR's have alot of writing all around the vehicle for you to know its a KR. But on the Black KR's its hard to see the GT500KR on the lower rockers...

More "stealthy"... They're all beautiful, but I saw myself getting fewer tickets in the black one. :)

Good point on the less tickets for a black KR, even if tongue in cheek. :) I've wondered how that would go over if I had a red, silver, or blue KR...since I use mine as a daily driver and the other colors are obviously brighter. I think it's not AS noticeable as a "race car" even though it is my kids say, and I haven't had a ticket yet (knock on wood) even with the front license plate on the passenger side sun visor. I feel lucky in my black KR...and I agree with you that all KRs and all Shelbys are beautiful.

Mustangcollector you should look into getting one of those "no drill" front license plate holders for your car if your state requires a front plate. Running no plate on the front it's just a matter of time, especially yours being a DD. :banghead:

Archived