TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Who’s going…50th Celebration East Carlisle, PA?

blondiepa

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Notice you have a lot of cars listed as "SGT500". These (like mine) may all be SGT's (Shelby GT's) or GT500's - not sure....

good point Bob.... maybe we can get Blondie to fix it, the SGT usually refers to the Shelby GT (SGT), while the GT500's are spec'd out as just that a GT500

Looks like the radison is the place to stay, My family are considering going.. little nervous about where to stay. Are the cars safe? It would be cool to have everyone on here get together... Do most race or run the parade? Do you pretty much just hang out and socialize if so.. Who's bringing the beer? and how much to make through the weekend.?

Anyone in the Murrysville/Monroeville/Penn Trafford area?

Looks like the radison is the place to stay, My family are considering going.. little nervous about where to stay. Are the cars safe? It would be cool to have everyone on here get together... Do most race or run the parade? Do you pretty much just hang out and socialize if so.. Who's bringing the beer? and how much to make through the weekend.?

Andy (Eagledriver) will be the best to answer this and I 'm sure he will chime in... the Radisson will have security overnight, one of the percs of Team Shelby!! My guess is the ratio will be about 50-50 for racing. The parade from what I hear is more like a cruise... drive a little then park. BYOB :hysterical: How much depends on how much you plan to spend on parts .... Carlisle is a huge flea market along with the show..... oh and I guess it depends on how much you drink also.... :beerchug:

EDIT.... check out this thread it covers it all..... http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/71506-shelby-american-50th-celebration-east/

Forum name: Bill Hamilton ( Not flashy, but I've been using it since before Al Gore invented the Internet) ;)

Car: 2011 GT500 Ingot Silver w/black stripes (It's the car in the middle of the Carlisle poster below this year) :drop:

State/town: Charleston SC (662 miles each way and the 13th year in a row for me)

Arriving: Wednesday (I always go over to the Antique Car Museum in Hershey on Thursdays with a few other early arrivals)

Staying: Hilton Homewood Suites in Mechanicsburg (Usually about 25 to 50 of us from the Mach 1 Registry stay there and have a BBQ by the pool)

Poker Run: No ( I'll be at the show field) :camera:

Parade: No (That's the Hooter's Night for my group) :beerchug:

Carlisle 2012.jpg

Carlisle 2012.jpg

Forum Name............Car Info………...........Color?..............State/Town From..............Day Arriving?........... Poker Run?...............Staying?

jdkuba.......................2008 SGT Vert..............Vista Blue.........State College, Pa..............Friday..........................No................ Radisson

Forum Name............Car Info………..........................................Color?..............................................State/Town From...................Day Arriving?........... Poker Run?..........Staying?.....................Parade?

VTWLKWY 07 Gt500 TT Tunston/Stripe Delete Charlotte, VT. thurs George Washington, Carlisle Yes to parade.

We are close by to Monrovile , In Apollo Pa not sure if driving or trailering yet ,Will be staying at Radison or Fairfield ,Waiting to see when daughter graduates from high school, will be going thursday or late friday .Black 2008 GT 500 . 6tee6k

5spd07gt...................2008 GT500......................................Vapor Silver............................................Woodbridge, VA .......................... Arrive Fri morning in Winchester................................Yes....................Hotel Carlisle..........................No

FORUM NAME: MIKE 905.0

CAR :2007 GT 500 TUNGSTEN GRAY CHARCOAL STRIPES

STATE/TOWN: OHIO / SOUTH EAST OF CLEVELAND

ARRIVING :THURSDAY EVENING

STAYING: WINCHESTER, VA. GEORGE WASHINGTON HOTEL CARLISLE: RADISSON,CAMP HILL

POKER RUN: YES

PARADE: YES

1ST TRIP IN THE NEWEST TOY

FORUM NAME: Virginian

CAR: 2010 GT 500 Kona Blue Metallic / Silver Stripes

STATE/TOWN: Virginia / Newport News

ARRIVING: Friday Morning

STAYING: Winchester, VA. George Washington Hotel; Carlisle: Raddision

Poker Run: No

Parade: Yes

Old School

1970 Mach 428CJ Dark Brown Met.(07' GT500 staying home this year now that the Mach's back in action!!)

WestChester Pa.

Arriving Thursday

No (Hooters Night with Bill H. !!!)

Hilton Homewood Suites Mechanicsburg

See everyone there!!

Chris

Forum Name - Richard Brown_3164 (Yuck, need to get this changed)

Car Info - 2012 GT500 Black Convertible with Tungsten stripes

State/Town From - Strongsville, OH

What day arriving - Thursday Evening in Winchester, VA

Poker Run - Yes

Parade - Yes

I'm really looking forward to the trip! It'll be my first real excursion in the Shelby.

Forum Name - Richard Brown_3164 (Yuck, need to get this changed)

Car Info - 2012 GT500 Black Convertible with Tungsten stripes

State/Town From - Strongsville, OH

What day arriving - Thursday Evening in Winchester, VA

Poker Run - Yes

Parade - Yes

I'm really looking forward to the trip! It'll be my first real excursion in the Shelby.

Richard, Welcome aboard! :peelout:

Forum Name Fordmanpa

Car Info 2012 GT500 race red, white stripes with black accent

Town/State Everson, PA (SW PA)

Day arriving Thursday evening in Winchester, VA

Poker Run Yes

Parade TBD

New, first time Shelby owner. Looking forward to meeting other owners and learning about their rides .

Gene

Forum Name Fordmanpa

Poker Run Yes

Parade TBD

New, first time Shelby owner. Looking forward to meeting other owners and learning about their rides .

Gene

Welcome to the site Gene... if you've been researching this event you should already know that it's gonna be a blast!!!

Forum Name Fordmanpa

Poker Run Yes

Parade TBD

Gene

Gene,

First Shelby event will be the biggest in history! Talk about starting off with a bang! This is going to be the highlight of the 50th anniversary celebration tour.

Welcome aboard!

Andy

Archived