TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The story of the Terlingua Mustang

Akos (AJ)

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks great!!!

David

Thanks - it's nice not to be flamed for showing where my automotive loyalty lies :)

Jeff,

That is awesome! :salute: What is the zero err ahhh ???? :hysterical:

David

Zero -18 mph in about 3 seconds. Only problem, that's topped out, 2000 rpm in 8th gear.

Add more gears maybe a highway gear or overdrive? :hysterical2:

Looks great!

David

Maybe a blower and some underdrive pulleys will help...hehe

Nobody stops you from putting at least a couple of Terlingua Racing Team stickers on them.... ;)

There's one on each side of each of these cars, just below the "GT/CS" text in the side stripes.

And one on each of these cars just above the center element of the left tail light; they are Terlingua key fobs. Make a nice emblem themselves. On the coupe there is a "45th Anniversary" fob/emblem in the corresponding right-side location; on the convertible it's a "Team Shelby Member 2011" fob/emblem.

6942698401_df9d00a059_o.jpg

There's one on each side of each of these cars, just below the "GT/CS" text in the side stripes.

And one on each of these cars just above the center element of the left tail light; they are Terlingua key fobs. Make a nice emblem themselves. On the coupe there is a "45th Anniversary" fob/emblem in the corresponding right-side location; on the convertible it's a "Team Shelby Member 2011" fob/emblem.

6942698401_df9d00a059_o.jpg

:salute:

I'm quite sure that the Terlingua stickers are good for a couple of extra ponies... That's my story and I'm sticking to it... :D

I'm quite sure that the Terlingua stickers are good for a couple of extra ponies... That's my story and I'm sticking to it... :D

You have to be careful to put one on each side: otherwise the bunny side will go faster and you'll end up with a split in the seat of your pants!

I do envy glroy his Mr Neale connections. My first one was in 1966, and it came off in pieces when I tried to transfer it to a subsequent car.

Is there a way to get the black bunny on the hood in a different size than the actual terlingua; and/or is it just the matter of asking someone to paint it on for you

...just asking :shades:

Just have a decal shop make one to your specs - that's what I'll be doing for my Escape...you could have them make a template to size to facilitate it being painted on if you prefer.

• 2 years later...

Did you say Terlingua Deere? I have one of those. My 1972 4520 with a 7020 Intercooled Turbo Charged 435ci Diesel.

100_0308.jpg

Just re-reading this great history thread. Sexy tractor Jeff, maybe it's the Terlingua decal. Nothing runs like a Terlingua Deere!

Archived