TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The story of the Terlingua Mustang

Akos (AJ)

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm gonna get my place at the bash this week. Gonna drive from LA on that Friday with everybody else. Considering bringing the Chiquita car too, the V8 that was supposed to be the original concept car. Still sorry that Amy didn't let it happen :(

AJ

Very interesting read - thanks for sharing :)

+1 on the need for something similar for the CS6

Also still a little ticked that SAI lied and told me they wouldn't build my '05 vert into a Bunny and yet they went and built two of them almost immediately after my CS6 Turn2 kit was ordered.

Very interesting read - thanks for sharing :)

+1 on the need for something similar for the CS6

Also still a little ticked that SAI lied and told me they wouldn't build my '05 vert into a Bunny and yet they went and built two of them almost immediately after my CS6 Turn2 kit was ordered.

Was that before or after Amy left?

Was that before or after Amy left?

I ordered my CS6 kit in March '10, I was told in February '10 that they wouldn't build a vert bunny. It took 3 months for SAI to return my calls & emails about the CS6 / Terlingua conversion so I didn't expect them to perform a U-turn right afterwards.

I ordered my CS6 kit in March '10, I was told in February '10 that they wouldn't build a vert bunny. It took 3 months for SAI to return my calls & emails about the CS6 / Terlingua conversion so I didn't expect them to perform a U-turn right afterwards.

Hmmm... I don't know what to say. I was not there and when we started the Terlingua program the convertible was off-limits as per Amy.

Don't get me wrong here I love my vert and wouldn't change it for the world...as it stands she's one of two Turn2 CS6 Verts (by year she's a one of one, as best I can figure out anyway)....I just dislike receiving poor service and loath being lied to.

Don't get me wrong here I love my vert and wouldn't change it for the world...as it stands she's one of two Turn2 CS6 Verts (by year she's a one of one, as best I can figure out anyway)....I just dislike receiving poor service and loath being lied to.

I don't believe I know anyone that would enjoy either of those two. Especially when they are trying to spend their hard earned money on your service or product...

I had a V6 candidate and was told, "No convertible Terlingua Shelby Mustangs". You could look it up. I spent my money elsewhere. I like Shelby the man, Shelby the cars, Shelby the Team, and I like my two Ford Mustang GT/CSs, one a convertible. I kind of profited from the BS line I was given: my garage is full of delightful cars, two for the price of one, so to speak, and my automatic Mustang convertible caught a Shelby Terlingua Mustang on the open road in 2009.

Win a couple, lose a couple; such is life.

I had a V6 candidate and was told, "No convertible Terlingua Shelby Mustangs". You could look it up. I spent my money elsewhere. I like Shelby the man, Shelby the cars, Shelby tghe Team, and I like my two Ford Mustang GT/CSs, one a convertible. I kind of profited from the BS line I was given: my garage is full of delightful cars, two for the price of one, so to speak, and my automatic Mustang convertible caught a Shelby Terlingua Mustang on the open road in 2009.

Win a couple, lose a couple; such is life.

I like your attitude!

AJ

• 2 weeks later...

Since I didn't get my proper Terlingua I'm in the process of doing to my '08 Escape what SAI did to that '08 (IIRC) Ranger. I hope to have the completed look achieved by summer - have my fingers crossed that the 20" Razors fit ok, if not I may have to stick with the '05 Mustang rims that are on right now.

I know not everyone will approve but it's my ride and it'll never be passed off as "real" so :P

:hide:

Got my ticket to the bash today (Thanks Sharon and Kameron!). So 0001C will be driving with the other Shelby cars from Gardena! Can hardly wait! It will be great to catch up with some old friends and make some new ones in the process...

AJ

Got my ticket to the bash today (Thanks Sharon and Kameron!). So 0001C will be driving with the other Shelby cars from Gardena! Can hardly wait! It will be great to catch up with some old friends and make some new ones in the process...

AJ

Cool AJ !!!

The Drive up is Always great. Watching the other 1,000's of

drivers on I-15 (& other roads) for 270+ miles do 'Double and Triple Looks', :o

as 100+, 'Hi-Tech Shelby's' pass by, is just ....... 'Awesome Dude' !!!

Plus the 'Desert Scape' and Vista's are Beautiful.

It is a 'Photo Op' Bonanza ! :camera:

In fact, I think I'll pack right Now and sit in the Terlingua',

and start the engine,,,, so that I am ready to go.

I don't want to be late. :huh:

:shift:

:salute:

Cool AJ !!!

The Drive up is Always great. Watching the other 1,000's of

drivers on I-15 (& other roads) for 270+ miles do 'Double and Triple Looks', :o

as 100+, 'Hi-Tech Shelby's' pass by, is just ....... 'Awesome Dude' !!!

Plus the 'Desert Scape' and Vista's are Beautiful.

It is a 'Photo Op' Bonanza ! :camera:

In fact, I think I'll pack right Now and sit in the Terlingua',

and start the engine,,,, so that I am ready to go.

I don't want to be late. :huh:

:shift:

:salute:

Unless somebody buys her off you before the bash....

Wow, I feel very much more educated about the lesser known world of Terlingua.

Too bad my model can't be converted ;)

Nobody stops you from putting at least a couple of Terlingua Racing Team stickers on them.... ;)

Nobody stops you from putting at least a couple of Terlingua Racing Team stickers on them.... ;)

Amen brother! I couldn't have one made anymore, so I added a little Terlingua flavor to mine! Need to pick up the actual TRT crests for her now though...

Archived