TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT500 Badge Emblems: New at SPP

robertlane

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I received my wing emblems for a Mother's Day gift and they look great on my ride. Wish they were a stock item - at least on the stripe delete models. They were not a perfect fit next to the snake's body but I liked them enough to keep them on. Once the grill pops loose, the install on the front is easy. My hubby was worried about the grill clips breaking but they held up fine. Unfortunately, the silver screw head could be seen at an angle once we put the grill back on. Looks like a touch up paint job for me!

Charlotte 5

I received my wing emblems for a Mother's Day gift and they look great on my ride. Wish they were a stock item - at least on the stripe delete models. They were not a perfect fit next to the snake's body but I liked them enough to keep them on. Once the grill pops loose, the install on the front is easy. My hubby was worried about the grill clips breaking but they held up fine. Unfortunately, the silver screw head could be seen at an angle once we put the grill back on. Looks like a touch up paint job for me!

The grill clips are made to twist like a screw....not pop off. You got lucky not breaking them.

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered these today and thanks to all that have contributed in this thread. I will post up some pics once I get them installed!

Here are the latest pics and the 13 front end stuff goes on next week along with the 13 TVS and CR heat exchanger.

post-36622-0-47148100-1340934950_thumb.jpg

post-36622-0-56546200-1340935101_thumb.jpg

post-36622-0-59855300-1340935110_thumb.jpg

Here are the latest pics and the 13 front end stuff goes on next week along with the 13 TVS and CR heat exchanger.

Those look real good on a stripe delete car. My problem is, I have the GT500 logo right below the snake on the sides so they would be redundant. I only want the front grille wings so I'm thinkin' about finding someone who just wants the sides and will go in on one set with me.

As for your '13 TVS, are you going to get a tune or run the OE tune? I don't know if you saw my related posts but there was a guy up at Fun Ford Weekend/Bandimere (Denver CO) last weekend running a 2.3L TVS on a *STOCK* tune. He was running in the 11's which is FAST at 5500' & 100+ degree temps. No other GT5's were runnnig anywhere near his times. Again, ON A STOCK/OEM TUNE. I think his was a '11 but I don't think that'll matter (vs. '10 or '12).

Phill

Those look real good on a stripe delete car. My problem is, I have the GT500 logo right below the snake on the sides so they would be redundant. I only want the front grille wings so I'm thinkin' about finding someone who just wants the sides and will go in on one set with me.

As for your '13 TVS, are you going to get a tune or run the OE tune? I don't know if you saw my related posts but there was a guy up at Fun Ford Weekend/Bandimere (Denver CO) last weekend running a 2.3L TVS on a *STOCK* tune. He was running in the 11's which is FAST at 5500' & 100+ degree temps. No other GT5's were runnnig anywhere near his times. Again, ON A STOCK/OEM TUNE. I think his was a '11 but I don't think that'll matter (vs. '10 or '12).

Phill

PM sent.

Phill

Thanks Phil! I love the emblems on the stripe delete! I agree with the stock side stripes I would not do these emblems. The only reason I did was the car looked so plain with the delete. I have the grill emblem that was never installed on my 12 because I ordered the 13 front grills. Shoot me an offer via PM.

On the tune. I am not sure but I have been looking...

Its good to know that I may not need one. Do you know his supporting mods and his trap speed?

Its good to know that I may not need one. Do you know his supporting mods and his trap speed?

No other mods that I know of. Jeff (TS Mountain Region director) might know more. He was the one telling me about it at FFW.

It was a white car w/blue stripes. I was hoping the owner would be on TS and chime in on one of the related posts.

Phill

PM sent.

My computer is sparadic and I'm limited to what I can do for some reason. Can you ping me at phill.pollard@comcast.net so I can use e-mail?

Thanks,

Phill

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

:happy feet: When I got home today, I had an e-mail from Shelby Performance Parts telling me the "wings" were back in stock. :happy feet:

I have been waiting to buy a set of these since April.....happy day!

I tried to order them on-line, and when I attempted to put them in my cart, I still got the "sorry, we are sold out" pop-up. I thought , surely this is a mistake, and they just haven't re-set this message yet.

I picked up the phone, and gave a call. I spoke to Justin, who checked for, and confirmed they were sold-out. I asked if the e-mail I got was in error, and he said "no". He told me he had personally sold 15 set today, and he wasn't the only one taking orders!!!! :drop:

I don't know how many set were ordered from the supplier, but obviously not nearly enought if the entire production run was sold out in less than six hours!

WHAT DOES A PERSON HAVE TO DO TO GET A SET OF THESE!!!!

.....I'm back on the waiting list.

Z-man

WHAT DOES A PERSON HAVE TO DO TO GET A SET OF THESE!!!!

ebay/CJMotorsports: http://stores.ebay.c...sid=p4340.l2563 . There are trademark matters, but you can still get the HP, anniversary, etc., just not Shelby, GT500, etc.,

Edit: Well, it looks like they use to sell them (at least 14 of them): http://www.ebay.com/...cvip=true&rt=nc

ebay/CJMotorsports: http://stores.ebay.c...sid=p4340.l2563 . There are trademark matters, but you can still get the HP, anniversary, etc., just not Shelby, GT500, etc.,

Edit: Well, it looks like they use to sell them (at least 14 of them): http://www.ebay.com/...cvip=true&rt=nc

Thanks for the tip. I have been checking E-bay as well, but can't find the exact ones that match what SPP has (as you mentioned, "trademake matters").

Z-man

Shelby's fooling themselves if they think people wont copy there items, I see it all over, at small car shows, many places online and especially eBay, if Shelby American wants to drag there feet in offering stuff for sale then I wont feel bad for them when people step on there copy righted products.I saw a whole Ford booth at Rocky Point Mexico full of Shelby apparel.

So far I see people still looking for Alcoa's (no longer available) which is stupid, Cobra wings (sell out in 6 hours), and windshield banners and shifter balls and nobody seems to be able to buy this stuff. Someone in product development should lose there job.

Coming down a little on some of the prices would also be nice of Shelby. Since Carroll's gone the mystique is going to begin to fade away more each year. But what do I know....

Joe I feel you. Was trying to get the reservoirs replaced due to manufactures defect and Shelby does not have them in stock they are special order items. Which is odd because I thought they used those on the Super Snakes. So they have got to have some there. As far the wings go, I haven't even tried to order them because of just this. They get them in and are gone in a matter of hours. Shelby sees how fast some of their products go, you would think they would be smart about it and order plenty.

• 3 weeks later...

Any idea when the wings will be back in stock?

This issue IS starting to become frustrating.

I'm looking to buy about 8 different items from Shelby. I want to get all 8 at one time. I have yet to find all 8 items in stock, all at the same time. At least 2 of the items are out of stock at any given time.

Why do I want to get all at one time? The crazy shipping costs Shelby charges. All 8 in one box will be substantially less expensive than 8 boxes individually.

Plus the fact that I WANT ALL EIGHT AT ONE TIME!

And because I am the customer, the one PAYING the money, not MAKING the money.

Phill

This issue IS starting to become frustrating.

I'm looking to buy about 8 different items from Shelby. I want to get all 8 at one time. I have yet to find all 8 items in stock, all at the same time. At least 2 of the items are out of stock at any given time.

Why do I want to get all at one time? The crazy shipping costs Shelby charges. All 8 in one box will be substantially less expensive than 8 boxes individually.

Plus the fact that I WANT ALL EIGHT AT ONE TIME!

And because I am the customer, the one PAYING the money, not MAKING the money.

Phill

Yea it definitely is because I have been wanting them for awhile and was not aware the last time they were in stock, and I guess they only lasted a couple hours. That makes it real difficult to get these.

Folks,

I checked on this, they are due in the first half of October.

Jer

I'm trying to keep "radio silence" to a minimum... or EXTINCT, whenever possible.

Jer

I love the emblems. I got tired of everybody and his brother commenting on my "Cobra". I was always saying it's a Shelby GT-500 not a Cobra. Ford stopped building Cobra's in 2004. The newer generations don't remember the 67-70 Shelby GT-500's the same way I do. We didn't call them Cobra's back then as they were Shelby GT-500's. Cobra's back then were the two-seater AC's.

I think the GT-500 badges should have been standard on the GT-500, especially on a stripe delete car. After all, It's a GT-500 not a Cobra. Thanks SPP!!! :salute:

I love the emblems. I got tired of everybody and his brother commenting on my "Cobra". I was always saying it's a Shelby GT-500 not a Cobra. Ford stopped building Cobra's in 2004. The newer generations don't remember the 67-70 Shelby GT-500's the same way I do. We didn't call them Cobra's back then as they were Shelby GT-500's. Cobra's back then were the two-seater AC's.

I think the GT-500 badges should have been standard on the GT-500, especially on a stripe delete car. After all, It's a GT-500 not a Cobra. Thanks SPP!!! :salute:

Funny... I walked into a parts place once, and I had one of the old-style "Cobra" melton wool coats on. He said, "Great coat! *I* have a Cobra!"...

Upon further questioning, I was disappointed.

:drop:

Jer

• 4 years later...

Archived