TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Modifying the 2013 Shelby GT500

supersnake94

106 members have voted

1. 1. Will you modify your 2013 Shelby GT500 once you get your hands on one?

• Yes
    • Yes, but little at a time
    • No

So who here is going to modify their 2013 GT500? This topic of discussion has also been brought up on the Camaro5 website. A lot of them said they won't but that was said before the 2013 GT500 specs were released. That is probably going to change for sure.

Just want to see who here will be bitten by the 2013 GT500 mod bug.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its hard not to modify or "Customize" it a bit, whether it's tinted windows, or getting FFRP resonator delete or FFRP mufflers, still keeping it Ford, but slightly modifing it to improve either appearance, performance or just sound....It's the major mods that I think people shy away from when they look at purchasing it used as opposed to unaltered. Alter a GT, there are thousands and thousands of those, but only 5000 or so a year on the Shelby's. I think alot of people cringe on Major Mods to Shelby's, they love to read about the mods and see the DYNO info though, just my thoughts, after all you own it.

Its hard not to modify or "Customize" it a bit, whether it's tinted windows, or getting FFRP resonator delete or FFRP mufflers, still keeping it Ford, but slightly modifing it to improve either appearance, performance or just sound....It's the major mods that I think people shy away from when they look at purchasing it used as opposed to unaltered. Alter a GT, there are thousands and thousands of those, but only 5000 or so a year on the Shelby's. I think alot of people cringe on Major Mods to Shelby's, they love to read about the mods and see the DYNO info though, just my thoughts, after all you own it.

+1

• 2 weeks later...

I am planning on doing a full stainless exhaust from headers to tips, a larger crank pulley (if possible),window tint and convert it to E85 (and obviously a tune to go with it)

What full stainless exhaust from headers to tips will you use?

Always room for improvement:

3.4 Whipple

1 7/8" Kooks long tubes / catted X pipe

80 lb injectors

FRPP mono-blade throttle body

Adj.UCA, billet LCA

Some track rubber & lite weight wheels

SCT flash / custom tune @ JDM......................that ought to about do it !!

• 4 weeks later...

I def will not mod it like i did my 12 GT. I promised my wife I wont touch mine, except for a dark tint and clear bra. But i know for sure I want a louder exhaust for sure. I just don't know if ill do it.

Wow....I said the EXACT same thing to my g/f when I just bought my 2011 GT500. LOL! Now the bet how long will that last!

Always room for improvement:

3.4 Whipple

1 7/8" Kooks long tubes / catted X pipe

80 lb injectors

FRPP mono-blade throttle body

Adj.UCA, billet LCA

Some track rubber & lite weight wheels

SCT flash / custom tune @ JDM

......................that ought to about do it !!

LOL...No it won't!

The mod bug is resistant to all medications and it's a never ending sickness.

Don't ask me how I know!

Phill

Been thinking about this.

Torn between new wheels and tires for the '11 and purchasing a '13... for which I'll probably want to replace the Goodyears anyway. But I'd like the launch control/better gearing/suspension.

But I'd hate to drop down in HP (I have the Ford Racing Super Pak w/ 2.9L Whipple), so I'll want to know what's available (mod-wise) before committing to buy!

:)

Been thinking about this.

Torn between new wheels and tires for the '11 and purchasing a '13... for which I'll probably want to replace the Goodyears anyway. But I'd like the launch control/better gearing/suspension.

But I'd hate to drop down in HP (I have the Ford Racing Super Pak w/ 2.9L Whipple), so I'll want to know what's available (mod-wise) before committing to buy!

:)

Take the 2.9L off of your current car and put it on the 2013. Stock blowers are easy enough to come by, if you didn't keep your OE/stock one (Shelby has take-off Eaton's for $399).

There, no drop in HP now.

Phill

Hmmm hard to say. Well there is always something you can mod...pulley swap and new tune would probably be the most common. Exhaust maybe......would need to see the exhaust setup stock. Now saying that I did these mods plus more on my 11..so lol yeah.

• 2 weeks later...

So who here is going to modify their 2013 GT500? This topic of discussion has also been brought up on the Camaro5 website. A lot of them said they won't but that was said before the 2013 GT500 specs were released. That is probably going to change for sure.

Just want to see who here will be bitten by the 2013 GT500 mod bug.

Like every mustang lower that stance it sits to high

• 2 weeks later...

Take the 2.9L off of your current car and put it on the 2013. Stock blowers are easy enough to come by, if you didn't keep your OE/stock one (Shelby has take-off Eaton's for $399).

There, no drop in HP now.

Phill

Wasn't sure if it'd fit the 5.8L. If so, you're right - no problem! :rockon:

Wasn't sure if it'd fit the 5.8L. If so, you're right - no problem! :rockon:

It should unless the changed the base of the OEM 2.3L TVS.

As of now, all three are interchangable onto the same intake. Stock Eaton, 2.3L TVS, Whipple 2.9L, 3.4L & 4.0L.

All you'd need is a tune.

(EDIT: And I assume FRPP will be coming out with one in the not too distant future but if not, the Aftermarket will).

Phill

Archived