TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Type of oil?

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
+1

Me too Grabber. I am going o get my dealer to order me some Motor craft tomarrow

The dealer I ordered it from does not stock it so they will not sell singles. I bought a case of 12 at cost. $8.75 a quart is cost. Coldwater found this out. There is another dealer who stocks it and there price is $9.17 for each quart. I need to stop over at that dealer and buy one quart so I have 13 quarts because each oil change takes 6.5 quarts and a case is 1 quart short to do 2 oil changes.

You might ask him if he will get you an extra quart.

I don't get it, why do you now assume the Motorcraft Synthethic (Made by BP) is better than the Castrol Synthetic (Made by BP)? While the additive packages might be slightly different, how is it that we determined one is 'better' than the other? No one said Motorcraft is a PAO Type IV synthetic (its not).

Now if Mobil One or Royal Purple will get a 5W50 to market......then we might have something to compare to. For now, one is about as good as the other.

According to the article that I read here I wonder If I could get away with a 5w 40 or 5w30

My dealer wants 11 dollars for a single quart of oil. I think that they are all on crack. Its oil not dope Mobile 1 is about 30 bucks for 6 quarts at Costco I just cant get the right weight from M1

I have a car with about 170000 miles on the clock and doesn't use or drip a drop of oil. I drive it like a rental. Mobile ! is the only oil I use.Thanks Ford for making this another one of you're Bold Moves.

I don't get it, why do you now assume the Motorcraft Synthethic (Made by BP) is better than the Castrol Synthetic (Made by BP)? While the additive packages might be slightly different, how is it that we determined one is 'better' than the other? No one said Motorcraft is a PAO Type IV synthetic (its not).

Now if Mobil One or Royal Purple will get a 5W50 to market......then we might have something to compare to. For now, one is about as good as the other.

I don't get it either and don't want to assume anything so I am sticking with what Ford recomends we use. I have read many opinions and it confused me...so I will pay the extra $18 bucks to get Motorcraft oil.

• 12 years later...

Thanks for the info, I bought a 2009 with 121,000 miles on it that has never been modified. The car was very well maintained over its life and doesn’t use a drop of oil in between oil changes which I’ve heard is pretty rare. I’m sticking with what’s been put in it since new 5w50w no matter what brand !

I had a Dodge Charger Super Bee SRT in 2008 that required a 0w/40 full syn. Dealer said tolerances were so close in that engine that to run even a 5w or 10w 40 w would mess up the engine and void the warranty at midnight last night !

Archived