TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby American 50th Celebration East

GT50040th

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having looked at picutres coming out of Vegas over the last two days I am more anxious about the this event.

Is it May yet?

Turtle,

Now that we have been to and enjoyed Vegas, John Keller, Andy Roth and I are using that event as our foundation. Dare we say the 50th East could be better?

The magic 8 ball says............Yes!

Turtle,

Now that we have been to and enjoyed Vegas, John Keller, Andy Roth and I are using that event as our foundation. Dare we say the 50th East could be better?

The magic 8 ball says............Yes!

well Tony from what I read the big complaint outa Vegas was the cost for internet..... do I need to worry about that for my flip phone?

:hide:

well Tony from what I read the big complaint outa Vegas was the cost for internet..... do I need to worry about that for my flip phone?

no. the flip phone screen is so small we could see any of the internet anyway at our age.

:hide:

no. the flip phone screen is so small we could see any of the internet anyway at our age. so why pay?

Hi guys!,

My name is Chris and I work at Summit Point Raceway as one of the instructors. I have been a life long Mustang fan and when I found out you guys were coming , and on my BIRTHDAY May 30, I informed my boss that I HAD to work this event! I am so excited to see this come together! I just purchased a '12 Boss 302 myself, and a few of our other instructors are also Mustang fans and are as excoted as I am to have you.See you all soon!

Hi guys!,

My name is Chris and I work at Summit Point Raceway as one of the instructors. I have been a life long Mustang fan and when I found out you guys were coming , and on my BIRTHDAY May 30, I informed my boss that I HAD to work this event! I am so excited to see this come together! I just purchased a '12 Boss 302 myself, and a few of our other instructors are also Mustang fans and are as excoted as I am to have you.See you all soon!

Looking forward to meeting you Chris....

:idea: so does this mean that if we didn't purchase a driving package we can take your Boss out for a couple laps..... :lurk:

Hi guys!,

Chris,

Glad we could bring some American cars to SP!! I'll be bringing my Kona Blue '12 Boss to the event. It is currently having a little work done to be sure it is ready to go. I might hit Shenandoah with PCA in April to see how the car behaves of hit the FATT session before this Shelby event. Hope to meet you at the track. You will love the Boss - it is an amazing machine.

I can't wait to meet all you guys either! tony356, I am working the FATT this weekend on the SC course and the one in April, come on over and say "Hi". Tomorrow before "work" I am slipping out on to the SC for a few laps in my Boss. I just opened the side exits up, wow is that LOUD!

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

It seems that we are getting a huge surge in the final weeks before the event. Tickets and hotel rooms WILL be sold out before the event so if you haven't already done so than you need to book them now! This is going to be bigger than what I ever imagined. Speaking with the event planning staff this week and items are nearly complete. This will be THE must do event on the 50th tour. We will have cars there that you will not see in one place at one itme again until the 100th of SAI :drop:

Carlisle hotels book fast and early for 30 miles in every direction for Ford weekend. If you don't book at the host hotel now (before they sell out) and think you can get a room at the last minute than you will be sleeping in your vehicle. Carlisle becomes the 4th largest city in PA over Ford weekend. 3,000 owners ( and their guests),500 vendors, 100,000+ spectators over the 3 days.

Hi everyone, first time posting. Is anyone else having a problem booking the Winchester Marriot Courtyard hotel from the Team Shelby 50th webpage. I'm clicking the link which brings me to the Marriot website and then it tells me that the group code is not valid. I went through the regular Marriot website and booked a room there for the same price so I guess its a non-issue but I was just curious. Hope Team Shelby didn't abandon this hotel! BTW - Anyone else staying here on Thursday night?

Thx - Matt

Hi everyone, first time posting. Is anyone else having a problem booking the Winchester Marriot Courtyard hotel from the Team Shelby 50th webpage. I'm clicking the link which brings me to the Marriot website and then it tells me that the group code is not valid. I went through the regular Marriot website and booked a room there for the same price so I guess its a non-issue but I was just curious. Hope Team Shelby didn't abandon this hotel! BTW - Anyone else staying here on Thursday night?

Thx - Matt

Hey Matt, welcome to TS. I'm heading to Winchester Thursday as well. If your interested get a hold of me and we can head down together. As for anyone else from or passing thru CT on Thurday, 5/31, we can meet in Hartford or Danbury around 11AM.

- Rob

Thx - Matt

Hi Matt,

I believe the issue is the group block is filled via onlive registrations BUT there are still rooms available for the Winchester Marriot Hotel although it too is filling quickly. Welcome aboard! Remember to book at the Radisson for Carlisle too.

See you in June!

Thanks for the info. I already booked the Courtyard without the group rate which was actually the same price or if I prepay it saves $10 dollars. I booked the Radisson a few weeks ago. Only thing left to purchase is the celebration package from Shelby.

Thanks for the info. I already booked the Courtyard without the group rate which was actually the same price or if I prepay it saves $10 dollars. I booked the Radisson a few weeks ago. Only thing left to purchase is the celebration package from Shelby.

Welcome aboard Matt, I think you'll have a blast!!!

Just received May issues of Mustang Monthly. Page #18 in PonyTakes "Going for Guinness: Largest Shelby Gathering" . Man, I just can not wait. :shades:

it gets closer and closer..... woo hoo :happy feet:

500+ vendors at Carlisle??!!

Oh my, I better bring a wad of cash! ...and a put a tow hitch on the car to carry all the stuff back in a trailer!

BTW, I received email confirmation as well, but no package. I think John Keller told me that packages would be sent out about two weeks prior to the event.

500+ vendors at Carlisle??!!

Oh my, I better bring a wad of cash! ...and a put a tow hitch on the car to carry all the stuff back in a trailer!

BTW, I received email confirmation as well, but no package. I think John Keller told me that packages would be sent out about two weeks prior to the event.

500+ vendors is nothing compared to Spring and Fall Carlisle haha.

Except to walk around and droll over alot of stuff B)

Just courios,How many will be trailering shelbys to radison ? Is there enough room for trailer parking ? If so, is there going to be security for the trailers that are parked and the shelbys that are outside at night .?Just thinking about night crawlers !!

Wow, the Shelby 50th Celebration East sure has gotten some serious momentum, we are close to selling out. An update email will be going out next week to all registrants. Your PayPal receipt is your conformation for now and you will get your cardentuals when you register at the event.

Only 7 more weeks to go!

John and team are in "final detail" mode at this point. I can't even begin to explain how involved this event is. A thousand different individual items that have to be coordinated and re-coordinated to make everything appear seamless.

As John stated look for an email next week containing details and answers to questions you may have. When you purchased your 50th package you were sent an email receipt. This email receipt serves as your initial confirmation. Your credential package will be given to you in person when you check in at the event.

Everyone who purchased a package will receive the detail email and FAQs next week.

To answer a few of the latest questions:

- YES there will be PLENTY of trailer parking at the Radisson. If every single owner brought a trailer to the Radisson there would still be parking left over. They have a convention center on site. Since we have the entire hotel that weekend the convention center is not-booked. We will be using the adjacent secure convention center parking for the trailers. This hotel is setup for Carlisle Events- Ford weekend, GM weekend, Corvette weekend, etc... They are used to having 150+ trailers parked over a weekend. This is a very nice area and there will be no issues with unwanted "visitors".

Virtually every single conceivable scenario has been thought out and planned for. The Northeast region wants you to have a fantastic time and be a part of the 50th anniversary tour of the one of the greatest automobile manufacturers of all time.

Please be patient just a little bit longer. The email next week will answer most questions and allow you to relax and "enjoy the ride"!

Can we bring "Big Boy Pops" to the celebration in coolers to share with our Team Shelby Members that we meet.Because when I have a few I get really happy and a really big smile on my face.....oh wait that is me sitting in My Shelby ready to drive the CELEBRATION BABY.....Bring it on.

Another ?. While we are driving in the parade are we allowed to toss candy to the kids....because it will help the kids that are drooling over all the Shelby's that come roaring into town.

Another ?. While we are driving in the parade are we allowed to toss candy to the kids....because it will help the kids that are drooling over all the Shelby's that come roaring into town.

Either that or throw them pennies so they can save their money early in life to possibly buy one in the future.

Archived