TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby American 50th Celebration East

GT50040th

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Be awesome if Carlisle could do like a Moment of Silence on Saturday or something around Noon,

or have anyone rev their engines at once to honor him :rockon:

Every year at ShelbyFest there is a "Moment of Horsepower" right at High Noon on Saturday during the Car Show... Sends a chill up my spine every time :worship:

http://gasconade.countynewslive.com/content/2012/may/10/2012-shelbyfest-memories-moment-horsepower-tribute-veterans

oops.

Never mind.

continue on.

Nothing happening here.

Hey... Did you delete my post? :headscratch: I could have sworn I posted here quoting Andy and you...

Peter,I guess that makes you short?? :hysterical2: See you and Hunter in 3 weeks my friend!

3 weeks indeed... :dance: Wait you called me short! :finger::hysterical:

OK, I just recieved my letter from the Carlisle event. I dont mean to harp on the subject again but here goes. In the letter it states that the window sticker is for admission to the grounds for the vehicle and 2 persons, any additional persons will have to pay additional fees to get in. My question on this is again, I am bringing my 9 yr old son to the event as well as my wife, I had to buy the additional package for my son to go, now I have to turn around and pay again to get him in the show grounds, I thought that was covered in the additional 100 dollar plus package that I had to get for him to go in the first place? Please help explain this to me, I know it probably wont be a lot to get him in, but are there going to be more additional fees for this event, I am on a limited budget and this is our one family trip for the year and would like to know up front so I can plan accordingly. Thanks again.

OK, I just recieved my letter from the Carlisle event. I dont mean to harp on the subject again but here goes. In the letter it states that the window sticker is for admission to the grounds for the vehicle and 2 persons, any additional persons will have to pay additional fees to get in. My question on this is again, I am bringing my 9 yr old son to the event as well as my wife, I had to buy the additional package for my son to go, now I have to turn around and pay again to get him in the show grounds, I thought that was covered in the additional 100 dollar plus package that I had to get for him to go in the first place? Please help explain this to me, I know it probably wont be a lot to get him in, but are there going to be more additional fees for this event, I am on a limited budget and this is our one family trip for the year and would like to know up front so I can plan accordingly. Thanks again.

Firekiller, as i understand it the Carlisle field entry is different from the Team Shelby festivities. The Carlisle registration is for the vehicle , driver and 1 passenger.. I would

try and find someone with no passenger and ask if your wife could ride in with them and save on an entry fee. Just my thoughts on it. Don

Firekiller, as i understand it the Carlisle field entry is different from the Team Shelby festivities. The Carlisle registration is for the vehicle , driver and 1 passenger.. I would

try and find someone with no passenger and ask if your wife could ride in with them and save on an entry fee. Just my thoughts on it. Don

Thanks Whool , it's all taken care of.

Firekiller check your PMs.

Think of this as 2 separate events or a show within a show. The Carlisle Ford Nationals and the 50th TS celebration held in the middle of the Carlisle Ford Nationals. Each has separate entry rules and fees. While most of the regulations are identical there are a few that are different. The guide is almost complete and is nearly ready for delivery to participants.

On a respectful solemn note, the events of the past few days have obviously necessitated some changes to the itinerary. The Northeast 50th event team is working to make this event a celebration of Mr. Shelby's life as well as his passion for performance.

Thanks Whool , it's all taken care of.

Firekiller check your PMs.

Think of this as 2 separate events or a show within a show. The Carlisle Ford Nationals and the 50th TS celebration held in the middle of the Carlisle Ford Nationals. Each has separate entry rules and fees. While most of the regulations are identical there are a few that are different. The guide is almost complete and is nearly ready for delivery to participants.

On a respectful solemn note, the events of the past few days have obviously necessitated some changes to the itinerary. The Northeast 50th event team is working to make this event a celebration of Mr. Shelby's life as well as his passion for performance.

:salute:

Both my wife and I will be there with our cars. The kids will not be with us so we each have room for a passenger if you want to pursue that option.

Mike

B Shelby

Both "navigator" seats are open at the moment. We'll be staying at the Radisson but can certainly hook up elsewhere if necessary. We will be in VA on Thursday and will be doing the Poker Run on Friday morning. If I remember correctly, they give you a wrist band for the weekend, so the only time that you would need to worry about the extra person will be upon arrival. Once you have the wrist band, you would be set for the rest of the weekend.

BTW, from the Carlisle website, they indicate a 4 day pass as $30.

Mike

8 and under are free. $30 for the entire weekend for any passengers over the 2 per car limit.

Last year I drove right through the gate with my 2 teenage kids in the car. Nobody said a thing... Just saying.

Sorry to hear that Peter..... what does the wife have to say about this ..... shortcoming? :hysterical:

:slapfight:

:hysterical2:

I could do that, but would they keep her for the whole weekend :yahoo:

B Shelby

Both "navigator" seats are open at the moment. We'll be staying at the Radisson but can certainly hook up elsewhere if necessary. We will be in VA on Thursday and will be doing the Poker Run on Friday morning. If I remember correctly, they give you a wrist band for the weekend, so the only time that you would need to worry about the extra person will be upon arrival. Once you have the wrist band, you would be set for the rest of the weekend.

BTW, from the Carlisle website, they indicate a 4 day pass as $30.

Mike

Thank you, I'll be at the Rad on Thursday evening, see you then

Gofastguy:

Nope, sign up NOW though. Make sure to choose the Team Shelby drop down on the Carlisle event registration page. Also, if you want to participate in the 50th celebration, you'll need to buy your VIP ticket(s) in the next day or two. We are juuuussst about sold out.

Archived