TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby American 50th Celebration East

GT50040th

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Question for the host of event.

I bought the 2 person non track package as my wife wants to go to event. Went to Shelby Fest this past weekend and took my 14 year old son. Now he wants to come to Carlisle.

Can he get into events without a ticket or do I need to buy an extra person package for him. We will not know about school for another few weeks as we would be leaving the week before his exams. Trying to find out from all the teachers what he will be missing. He is grade A kid so am sure they will all say it is okay to miss the next to last week since he is still in middle school.

Please let me know.

Thanks

Cliff

See everyone there. BTW we had a blast with Scott, Don and Rick in Hermann and what a way to kick off the year.......

HI Cliff,

If he wanted to attend all the special events ( Fridat night dinner ,Sat lunch, Sat night parade) than yes he would need a seperate single person package. You might want to get him one without the set of auto decals... Just thinking...

HI Cliff,

If he wanted to attend all the special events ( Fridat night dinner ,Sat lunch, Sat night parade) than yes he would need a seperate single person package. You might want to get him one without the set of auto decals... Just thinking...

Thanks. Since he is only 14 and will not be driving (much to his disapointment) :worship: do you have a package for that situation or do I have to buy the full one person package?

I had to buy the full 1 person package for my 9yr old, so I would say that they dont have achildrens package.

Don't feel bad... I had to buy a $600 ticket for my 14 yr old daughter to go to Vegas Bash. :drop:

At least she got me another goodie bag... :happy feet:

Makes sense but didnt cost anything to ask. Teachers all gave blessings due to his gpa so now its in his ballpark for final decision. Bet he says yes anyone?

looking fwd to event.

Cliff

Hi,

So, I've registered for Carlisle, the parade and Package 3 - Carlisle 50th Celebration Package.

(I can't get the time off work to do the track time on Summit Point Motor Sports Park, otherwise I'd be there for sure)

The question I have is: Where and When (specifics please) on Friday morning are you departing from Winchester, VA on the poker run (Shelby Cruise) to the Carlisle Ford Nationals ending in the grand entrance?

Reason: I'm leaving from Southern Maryland and want to join up with all of you in Winchester, VA. For me, it's 135 miles and 3 hours to get to Winchester, VA. I'd hate to miss out on the cruise up to Carlisle, the Exclusive access to Quarter Aces Drag-O-Way and the Grand Entrance.

Hi,

So, I've registered for Carlisle, the parade and Package 3 - Carlisle 50th Celebration Package.

(I can't get the time off work to do the track time on Summit Point Motor Sports Park, otherwise I'd be there for sure)

The question I have is: Where and When (specifics please) on Friday morning are you departing from Winchester, VA on the poker run (Shelby Cruise) to the Carlisle Ford Nationals ending in the grand entrance?

Reason: I'm leaving from Southern Maryland and want to join up with all of you in Winchester, VA. For me, it's 135 miles and 3 hours to get to Winchester, VA. I'd hate to miss out on the cruise up to Carlisle, the Exclusive access to Quarter Aces Drag-O-Way and the Grand Entrance.

That's the exact first question I have, which I assumed would be answered in the aforementioned email that we are all going to recieve, which I also assume has not yet been sent...

Hi,

The upcoming survival guide will contain everything in detail. Keep in mind there is a ton of information that has to be checked and re-checked. Also the routes need to be driven to check for any potential issues. The cruise is going to rock and I only wish I could be a part of it!!

John is nearly done with the fine details of the exit from the track to Carlisle.

Due to the volume of vehicles expected for the grand entrance we are fine tuning logistics for an "unbroken" line of Shelbys through the Carlisle area into the showfield. Red lights in Carlisle coupled with spectators (in the thousands) and thousands of other Fords entering the show has made the entrance quite a detailed operation as we don't want it to take 3 hours to stage and park the Shelbys. We are planning on a smooth, seamless line of Shelbys into the showfield to our area. We'll have dozens of staff on hand to direct you to your parking spot so those going to the drag strip can check in and then assemble for the drive to the strip.

I've had to negotiate with other long standing clubs and vendors to allow an constant unimpeded flow of Shelbys through the showfield to our central area. Not an easy task at all. Now I know how a US senator feels :drop:

In fact, just yesterday I drove the KR on the planned route through town to our staging area and drove into the showfield. Those who have not been to Carlisle yet will notice that the showfield itself is laid out like a small city with dozens of roads , avenues and boulevards. When we use the "Time Square" analogy for our area we mean just that. This is the biggest Ford event in the world and getting the cars through uptown and into midtown showfield is quite the feat.

Please be just a bit more patient as we have a month to the event and it will be in your hand (email) prior to the event.

Wish I had know you needed help with the route, etc. I was just in Winchester, Va yesterday and came home today went right past Carlisle twice. I would have been happy to help.

The upcoming survival guide will contain everything in detail. Keep in mind there is a ton of information that has to be checked and re-checked. Also the routes need to be driven to check for any potential issues. The cruise is going to rock and I only wish I could be a part of it!!

John is nearly done with the fine details of the exit from the track to Carlisle.

Due to the volume of vehicles expected for the grand entrance we are fine tuning logistics for an "unbroken" line of Shelbys through the Carlisle area into the showfield. Red lights in Carlisle coupled with spectators (in the thousands) and thousands of other Fords entering the show has made the entrance quite a detailed operation as we don't want it to take 3 hours to stage and park the Shelbys. We are planning on a smooth, seamless line of Shelbys into the showfield to our area. We'll have dozens of staff on hand to direct you to your parking spot so those going to the drag strip can check in and then assemble for the drive to the strip.

I've had to negotiate with other long standing clubs and vendors to allow an constant unimpeded flow of Shelbys through the showfield to our central area. Not an easy task at all. Now I know how a US senator feels :drop:

In fact, just yesterday I drove the KR on the planned route through town to our staging area and drove into the showfield. Those who have not been to Carlisle yet will notice that the showfield itself is laid out like a small city with dozens of roads , avenues and boulevards. When we use the "Time Square" analogy for our area we mean just that. This is the biggest Ford event in the world and getting the cars through uptown and into midtown showfield is quite the feat.

Please be just a bit more patient as we have a month to the event and it will be in your hand (email) prior to the event.

To whomever can answer - I want to change my registration / ticket from single Package 4 to single Package 3 so I can get the gift bag / stickers. How do I do that?

Team Shelby NE is proud to announce President of Barrett Jackson Steve Davis will be our host speaker at the Shelby 50th Anniversary Celebration East on June 1st in Carlisle Pa. More exciting announcements to come.

Buckle Up! Team Shelby 50th Celebration East is going to be a wild ride...

Wow, that is so cool............ Will he be bringing his 07 40th Anniversary ( CSM #07XL0001) and parking with the rest of the XL's???

Don

Thanks for doing all this Andy! I'm soooooooo ready... :dance:

SS and I signed up, can't wait to attend and see everyone in just 3 weeks!! :yahoo: :happy feet:

Great news; glad to see you both are going to make it.

Ok so received my carlise showfield sticker today . What next ? ??? 3 weeks to go ! have you ever gone any place were you know no one ! should be interesting ! hope we meet some nice shelby folks .

Ok so received my carlise showfield sticker today . What next ? ???  3 weeks to go ! have you ever gone any place were you know no one ! should be interesting ! hope we meet some nice shelby folks .

Within 5 minutes, you'll be amongst old friends! The Shelby community is an awesome bunch of folks!

:happy feet:

I wont be long now!

Peter,I guess that makes you short?? :hysterical2: See you and Hunter in 3 weeks my friend!

Ok so received my carlise showfield sticker today . What next ? ??? 3 weeks to go ! have you ever gone any place were you know no one ! should be interesting ! hope we meet some nice shelby folks .

You'll get the survival guide emailed to you by next week. Don't worry about it about not knowing anyone. You'll have 400 + new friends by the end of the event. :rockon:

Archived