TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby American 50th Celebration East

GT50040th

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rad Hotel booked and I choose TS package #3 for me and my Dad. Also registered with the Carlisle folks and signed-up for the parade. Guess my only question is how do we time warp to June? Some may call me impatient. Can't figure that one out..... :waiting:

Lots of time and effort went into the planning of this event. Many thanks to all that had a part in it. :hi5:

See you there.

J

50th Celebration East Update:

The initial response to this event has been fantastic. We are confident this event will sell out. If you haven’t already registered or booked your hotel please do so ASAP. ( registration will be opened to other clubs in February )

The 50th Celebration East has been a blast to plan. It is taking a team of dedicated members to coordinate the track, the cruise, the Carlisle events, Guinness Book of World records involvement etc. I’m very proud of our team. Thank you, Andy and Tony for all your help and support.

The 50th Celebration East is like a 1,000 piece puzzle that must be assembled in a specific order. Track and cruise details need to be ironed out; caterers need to be in place at a certain time, cars lined up at a certain time, entertainment along with many other things. Every change no matter how small causes multiple other changes elsewhere. Also, we are dealing with international officials to coordinate the largest gathering of Shelbys ever. This is no small feat and requires multiple people checking and rechecking everything. We are working diligently towards making your experience at this event extremely enjoyable and seamless. This itinerary will be in the hands of the participants prior to the event.

We will be updating our site to keep you informed, please check it periodically www.teamshelbynortheast.com Also, we will email registrants updates on a periodic basis.

If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact the team –

John Keller - Event Coordinator and General Manager. Please direct questions about sponsorship, registration, scheduling, drag strip, Friday nights 50th Celebration Party, Saturdays BBQ, car show and downtown cocktail party.

Tony Scalies - SummitPointRacewayPark coordinator. Please direct any questions regarding the track to Tony

Andy Roth – Carlisle event coordinator. Please direct questions about the Grand Entrance, Carlisle parking, Carlisle hotel, The Shelby 50th Collection, Guinness Largest Gathering of Shelby’s, and downtown parade to Andy.

When honoring the world's greatest automobile legend we have to plan a celebration equal to him. Carroll Shelby is known around the world and so will the 50th Celebration East @ Summit Point & Carlisle Ford Nationals.

Nothing of this scale has ever been attempted on the east. We will not only promise you an over the top event but one you will tell everyone about for years to come. After all, this event has been 50 years in the making...

Thank you, for your continued support and enthusiasm.

Hang on! Shelby American Celebration East is going to be a wild ride…

John Keller

Team Shelby NE Regional Director

50th Celebration East Coordinator

john@decksupplies.com

Tony Scalies

Summit Point Track Coordinator

Tony356

Tony356@comcast.net

Andy Roth

Carlisle Events and Shelby 50th Collection Coordinator

Eagledriver

aroth28@comcast.net

Considering that there will be more horsepower in the location of this gathering than one can imagine I would like to suggest the theme of this get together be

"Captain, we need more power!" :)

And there be a time when all the engines are started simultaneously.

I just registered for the show on cars at carlisle's website and selected the shelby 50th showfield. Made reservations as well but staying at Hotel Carlisle. We stayed there last year and had a great time so just sticking with that. We'll have 2 GT500s. Looking forward to it!

Looking forward to the Bash...How formal is this event? This is our first...don't want to under/over dress.

Ok, so I'll try to detail it as best as I can.

Friday day: (Show field) informal- most in shorts/jeans and T shirts.

Friday Night: (VIP event) Casual- I wouldn't reccoemned a Tshirt, shorts and flip flops BUT if that's what you like to wear by all means do it. I'm sure most will be in polos/Khakis or at least nicer shorts. I can promise you that you'll see everything from suits and ties to shorts and T shirts. It's all about how you want to dress.

Trust me it will NOT be a stuffy boring sit down lame dinner event ;)

Saturday/Saturday night party/Sunday- same as Friday. Seriously though you can't over OR under do it. At Carlisle you'll see people wearing nasty clothes and people walking by in full suits and everything in between.

Ok, so I'll try to detail it as best as I can.

Friday day: (Show field) informal- most in shorts/jeans and T shirts.

Friday Night: (VIP event) Casual- I wouldn't reccoemned a Tshirt, shorts and flip flops BUT if that's what you like to wear by all means do it. I'm sure most will be in polos/Khakis or at least nicer shorts. I can promise you that you'll see everything from suits and ties to shorts and T shirts. It's all about how you want to dress.

Trust me it will NOT be a stuffy boring sit down lame dinner event ;)

Saturday/Saturday night party/Sunday- same as Friday. Seriously though you can't over OR under do it. At Carlisle you'll see people wearing nasty clothes and people walking by in full suits and everything in between.

Okay Andy if I read this correct... Friday after the day at the showfield, we have to drive to the hotel, shower and get changed around and then drive back to the grounds.... I'm a t-shirt and jeans type of person but if I have to I can get purdied up.... proof once again that ya can polish poop!!!

Okay Andy if I read this correct... Friday after the day at the showfield, we have to drive to the hotel, shower and get changed around and then drive back to the grounds.... I'm a t-shirt and jeans type of person but if I have to I can get purdied up.... proof once again that ya can polish poop!!!

Maybe we should all wear T-shirts with a faux-tuxedo front printed on them....

Of course ours probably won't look quite as good as the one in the picture.

l.jpg

l.jpg

Reading all these posts and bits and pieces of info...will there, at some point, be a schedule produced which includes some details such as I'm seeing here? If not, I better start writing or cut/pasting this down somewhere!

Reading all these posts and bits and pieces of info...will there, at some point, be a schedule produced which includes some details such as I'm seeing here? If not, I better start writing or cut/pasting this down somewhere!

Yes Sir! No need to use your shorthand. Details will be posted here and registrants will get email updates and itineraries.

Per John:

The 50th Celebration East is like a 1,000 piece puzzle that must be assembled in a specific order. Track and cruise details need to be ironed out; caterers need to be in place at a certain time, cars lined up at a certain time, entertainment along with many other things. Every change no matter how small causes multiple other changes elsewhere. Also, we are dealing with international officials to coordinate the largest gathering of Shelbys ever. This is no small feat and requires multiple people checking and rechecking everything. We are working diligently towards making your experience at this event extremely enjoyable and seamless. This itinerary will be in the hands of the participants prior to the event.

We will be updating our site to keep you informed, please check it periodically www.teamshelbynortheast.com Also, we will email registrants updates on a periodic basis.

This is turning out to be the largest Regional Team Shelby Event outside of our annual celebration in Las Vegas. John and his team have been very hard at work in striving to provide an event of very high standards. Based on our discussions with John, this event is the MUST attend event on the East Coast this year.

Shelby American is proud to support all of our Regional Director's. Don't pass up these events! Shelby American will be in the Northeast and in other regions, in force, this year Celebrating 50 Years of High Performance!

Roger

This is turning out to be the largest Regional Team Shelby Event outside of our annual celebration in Las Vegas. John and his team have been very hard at work in striving to provide an event of very high standards. Based on our discussions with John, this event is the MUST attend event on the East Coast this year.

Shelby American is proud to support all of our Regional Director's. Don't pass up these events! Shelby American will be in the Northeast and in other regions, in force, this year Celebrating 50 Years of High Performance!

Roger

To quote John : " 2012 Is gonna be a hell of a ride for the east coast !" :)

Roger

Things are coming together nicely from a strategic perspective. Now is the time to fine tune all the nuances that make events become special. Roger is correct, this will be a must attend event. Think spring!

Things are coming together nicely from a strategic perspective. Now is the time to fine tune all the nuances that make events become special. Roger is correct, this will be a must attend event. Think spring!

Tony my wife will be meeting me at Carlisle Friday evening.

Will she be able to park at the Radisson? Or do we need to make other arrangements.

Thanks ~ Jeff

Tony my wife will be meeting me at Carlisle Friday evening.

Will she be able to park at the Radisson? Or do we need to make other arrangements.

Thanks ~ Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Plenty of free parking at the Radisson! We have the entire hotel :) When she comes in just have her let the security know that she is meeting you and she'll be good to go. In fact it would be best to meet up at the hotel rather than try to park and meet up anywhere near Carlisle. On Ford weekend it's the state's 4th largest city !

:hysterical3: Did he say, "polish poop?"

That would be very messy... NO? :headscratch:

Roger

:dance:

Archived