TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Team Shelby: Current Forum Version Being Retired

robertlane

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably because the majority (at least graphically) of people are still using IE...

chrome-statcounter-1322741816.jpg

I am not the brightest when it comes to fooling with my PC or my phone how can I find out on my phone if its IE? And if it is can I change it? Thanks

I am not the brightest when it comes to fooling with my PC or my phone how can I find out on my phone if its IE? And if it is can I change it? Thanks

Go to the top line of your browser and click on the HELP or TOOLS tab... Should be some kind of ABOUT button to click on that will list whatever current version your computer is using...

Or simply Google "CHROME" and go thru the steps to install their latest version of an equivalent web browser... Which is what I just did after posting that graph...

<br />

<b>Warning</b>: explode() expects parameter 2 to be string, array given in <b>/home/staff/public_html/forums/vienna/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php</b> on line <b>1174</b><br />

<br />

<b>Warning</b>: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in <b>/home/staff/public_html/forums/vienna/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php</b> on line <b>1176</b><br />

<br />

<b>Warning</b>: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/staff/public_html/forums/vienna/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php:1174) in <b>/home/staff/public_html/forums/ips_kernel/classAjax.php</b> on line <b>322</b><br />

<br />

<b>Warning</b>: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/staff/public_html/forums/vienna/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php:1174) in <b>/home/staff/public_html/forums/ips_kernel/classAjax.php</b> on line <b>325</b><br />

<br />

<b>Warning</b>: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/staff/public_html/forums/vienna/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php:1174) in <b>/home/staff/public_html/forums/ips_kernel/classAjax.php</b> on line <b>326</b><br />

<br />

<b>Warning</b>: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/staff/public_html/forums/vienna/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php:1174) in <b>/home/staff/public_html/forums/ips_kernel/classAjax.php</b> on line <b>327</b><br />

Go to the top line of your browser and click on the HELP or TOOLS tab... Should be some kind of ABOUT button to click on that will list whatever current version your computer is using...

Or simply Google "CHROME" and go thru the steps to install their latest version of an equivalent web browser... Which is what I just did after posting that graph...

Thanks I will try that

We're aware of the skin header and some database errors that occur when clicking on certain links and we are working on a fix.

Thank gawd! I use that feature quite a bit so I can get back to the forum or section I was in rather than go to the home page and scroll down to the GT500 section.

Looking forward to it returning.

I also notice that our profiles don't have anywhere near the info. they had in them before. Member location would be nice to have back, at the very least.

TIA,

Phill

It would be nice if the window real estate in the "View New Content" window could be better. It wasn't great and today it seems to have gotten worse.

forum.jpg

4 new topics on a window isn't very good utilization of real estate. The area under "New Content" could be collapsed to an arrow pull. The topic info is pathetic, and there is a whole bunch of real estate to the right that isn't being used at all.

It would also be nice if we could get back control over the number of topics displayed in these kinds of searches. We used to be ale to make it up to 40, and even more would be great.

It would be nice if the window real estate in the "View New Content" window could be better. It wasn't great and today it seems to have gotten worse.

forum.jpg

4 new topics on a window isn't very good utilization of real estate. The area under "New Content" could be collapsed to an arrow pull. The topic info is pathetic, and there is a whole bunch of real estate to the right that isn't being used at all.

It would also be nice if we could get back control over the number of topics displayed in these kinds of searches. We used to be ale to make it up to 40, and even more would be great.

Tony,

It may be display settings on your computer. Below are 2 screen shots off my MacBook Pro. The first is hardly legible, but shows the complete screen of individual entries per page, while the second is adjusted (scaled) for viewing.

Screenshot2011-12-02at84932PM.png

Screenshot2011-12-02at85033PM.png

Robert

Is there a problem with email notifications or is there something different in how they work? I have change my email address and a few other things to try and fix my problems, but still can't get them to work.

Try setting your display to 1024x768. I can't run the window on the full screen - hurts my eyes. Try making the window narrower and you will see that it does not scale properly. Maybe the term is "flow". The old forum didn't seem to enforce "columns" within the display. This one seems to want to. I'm not a HTML guru so may not be describing it correctly. No other forum I visit squishes stuff like this does now.

Bottom line is we don't all (1) have HD format displays [mine is 4:3] nor (2) set the window to full screen size.

forum.jpg

For some reason (???) mine is the now the same, and I have made NO CHANGES in Display Settings on my computer... Same results on IE and Chrome... Looks like this empty space is "reserved" for the Pure Shelby, etc blocks that I closed because I don't prefer the "extra" columns of graphics on the RH side of the screen...

Also having major issues with the MOBILE version as well... Both on my Android Phone and on the PC versions, NONE of the Individual Topics are displayed... Forums are listed, but when you go to look at a specific post, there isn't anything that displays on the screen???

But at least everything we can see is not C-E-N-T-E-R-E-D any longer... THANKS Robert!

For some reason (???) mine is the now the same, and I have made NO CHANGES in Display Settings on my computer... Same results on IE and Chrome... Looks like this empty space is "reserved" for the Pure Shelby, etc blocks that I closed because I don't prefer the "extra" columns of graphics on the RH side of the screen...

Also having major issues with the MOBILE version as well... Both on my Android Phone and on the PC versions, NONE of the Individual Topics are displayed... Forums are listed, but when you go to look at a specific post, there isn't anything that displays on the screen???

But at least everything we can see is not C-E-N-T-E-R-E-D any longer... THANKS Robert!

Mobile version still MIA???

I am now noticing that in the new content list, I click on a thread to read. Then hit back to the lising and the thread that I clicked on is no longer on the list.

I still also have to scroll from the top down to where I was when I clicked to read a thread.

So what about the MOBILE version???

All I get is a pretty blue screen, with absolutely NO content...

You can get the SAME results if you select the MOBILE theme from your PC...

Change the theme to MOBILE at the bottom left of this screen to view this thread...

Then click on the upper RH corner (4 little squares) to refresh the NEW CONTENT and you get nothing???

The old version had too many security holes and was in need of an update. . .

Besides fixing the security holes - which is nice to know...I think the new version is much, much better overall. Great to see an update and the forum moving forward with a change. Thanks for your efforts.

when I click under change theme, it changes to a blank blue screen. click on the 4 little squares and it is still a blank blue screen on my droid.

:sos:

Doesn't seem to be working correctly on Android phones... Parts of the MOBILE version seem to work, just not when you go to view any individual topics???

Archived