TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Who's going to the Shelby Bash from the N.E. Region?

Z-man

Forum Name...................Car Info.......................................Fly or Drive.......Cruise from CA?........ Poker Run?

Kontra06.......................2012 SGT500................................. Drive............... (local yokels) .................Yup.

Two of us. Me an' da Misses and she brings snacks!

You're driving from PA? When you leaving? I'm leaving Friday night... We should meet up somewhere between here and Albequerque!

Guys have a question. Want to ship one of my cars to the bash in vegas. Where do I send it and where can it be SECURELY stored each night??

If you want to ship your car I would contact Tony (tony356) today....LIKE RIGHT NOW!!!! (if it's not too late already). You are looking in the $3500 range (I believe) for the round trip shipment.

I'm not sure where the cars are being stored, but Tony can fill you in.

Z-man

.....assuming the decision is made to allow passangers to ride 'shotgun' during hot laps, do one of you have a helmet I could borrow if I'm lucky enough to hitch a ride-along with someone? I have my own liner, so I won't get yours all sweaty in the dessert heat.

My old helmet has an outdated safety rating, and its a motorcycle helmet too boot. I could/should just buy a new one, but packing it and then lugging it out and back on the plane seems like a big hassle.

If you are trailering or shipping your car, and have a spare helmet, could you possibly just stick it in the back seat "just in case"?

Z-man

....and another question. The Monday prior to the Bash (that would be March 12th), Mrs. Z and I are considering being a little extravagant and taking a helicopter tour to the Grand Canyon. We found one that learve from Vegas, flys over the Hoover Dam and Lake Mead on the way to the Canyon, then desends 5000 (+/-)feet to the canyon floor where it lands for a picnic lunch and 'photo-ops'. Then it flys you back to Veags. About 4 hours for the whole tour, and in the area of $325/person.

If you are interested, let me know. If I can get two more couples, we can actually charter our own flight and customize the tour....maybe do a low altitude flyover of SA on the way back to Vegas.

PM me for more details and a link to the tours website.

Z-man

• 2 weeks later...

We are looking forward to it.

Blondiepa.........07 Shelby GT500 40th Anniversary......Drive......No.......Yes

Glad to have you aboard! :salute:

You make an even dozen of us. (well, not a dozen people, but a dozen cars.....wait, that's not right either as at least one or us is trailering multiple cars.....whatever the count is, glad you are part of it!)

Randy decided that we are only going to do the NE Bash in Carlisle. Just too much to spend right now to go out. That and the unknowns for the weather. Car has not seen a drop of water other than being washed a few times. See you in Carlisle. :-)

Randy decided that we are only going to do the NE Bash in Carlisle. Just too much to spend right now to go out. That and the unknowns for the weather. Car has not seen a drop of water other than being washed a few times. See you in Carlisle. :-)

Back to 11 for the Bash :cry:

But glad you will be joining us in Carlisle :yahoo:

When you leaving? I'm driving from NJ too. Leaving on Friday night. 3/9.

I sent you a PM with our tentative schedule. We are driving out the southern route and were considering driving home the northern route but decided to fly home and not chance the northern weather. I got a good price on shipping the car home so we are only driving one way.

New guy here:

CSX4909 will attend. Driving my 4000 series cobra from Gardena to Vegas, will attend the Poker Run.

Looking for possible covered trailer transport for my car back to PA from Vegas.

Your first post, and it's to tell us you will be driving your Cobra to the Bash?! How awesome is that??!!! :worship:

Glad to have to with us, and welcome to Team Shelby. You'll find out we're a pretty good bunch. :party:

You should contact JerseryGator....I'm sure he would love to add you to the caravan he is organizing to drive out.

Z-man

• 2 weeks later...

Your first post, and it's to tell us you will be driving your Cobra to the Bash?! How awesome is that??!!! :worship:

Glad to have to with us, and welcome to Team Shelby. You'll find out we're a pretty good bunch. :party:

You should contact JerseryGator....I'm sure he would love to add you to the caravan he is organizing to drive out.

Z-man

Also, add me as a "yes" for the cruise from CA... :happy feet:

Archived