TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 Shelby GT500KR Returns!

Guest staff2

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
that hood is the hotness

I agree!!

of any of the mods I want to do that hood is it!!

Thats what they should have put on our 07/GT500's Looks like someone gave it some more thought!

If Anyone figures out how and when to get one of those hoods post up ASAP.

Cheers,

Requis

The hood is nice alright, but it doesn't seem like it would be worth changing it from the stock look. What if someone had bought a new GT500 in 1967, then stuck a '68 hood on it because he liked the look of it a little better? Such a bastardized car wouldn't be worth near as much today as one with the stock hood.

And it wouldn't look "right" either.

The point is the the 2007 model is closely inspired and patterned after the 68, not the 67 shelby. The hood is an official shelby part and I can't imagine any of the parts from shelby autos decreasing the value of a shelby. Let's face it the hood of the current shelby is less than appealing to say the least. It looks okay on a fastback since the stripes mask the bulges to a degree. It looks attrocious on a convertible. Simply put the new hood is the 1st change I would make.

MY guess Ford will sell more hoods than cars they better tool up now.

I also wonder if the dealers get wind of this will there be a hood ADM. :hysterical2::hysterical2:

It does not look like you will be able to buy a hood unless it's a aftermarket clone. See below:

All of the mechanical upgrades seen on the GT500KR model will be available piecemeal from Ford Racing and Shelby when the KR goes on sale in the spring. The only exception is the carbon-composite hood, which will not be available through a catalog, at least not initially.

It does not look like you will be able to buy a hood unless it's a aftermarket clone. See below:

All of the mechanical upgrades seen on the GT500KR model will be available piecemeal from Ford Racing and Shelby when the KR goes on sale in the spring. The only exception is the carbon-composite hood, which will not be available through a catalog, at least not initially.

If Ford were smart, they would get off their tails and sell these before someone else makes a close copy and cashes in. There is an opportunity here....JMO

Archived