TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 Shelby GT500KR Returns!

Guest staff2

Like Son of GT was saying yesterday. The 1st wave of info may cause some unhappieness with some. In a week or so, that will change. :hyper:

YUP. Go ahead and get pissed now :angry2: :mad: , rant and rave :rant: ; and you may feel foolish :shrug: in about 14 days. The KR is what it is due to corporate limitations; period.

JUST F'IN WAIT..........:burnout:

EDIT: BTW 540 H.P. is a lock, so forget the word estamated.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Robert,

Sharon wants a car so bad she can taste it. Are you going to cough. :hysterical:

I'll cough, bark, beg. . .wait, SHE wants one! :headspin: Yes, we're looking for a GT500. :banana piano:

YUP. Go ahead and get pissed now :angry2: :mad: , rant and rave :rant: ; and you may feel foolish :shrug: in about 14 days. The KR is what it is due to corporate limitations; period.

JUST F'IN WAIT..........:burnout:

EDIT: BTW 540 H.P. is a lock, so forget the word estamated.

I was told that the 540 is NOT a lock. We can expect more.

I'll cough, bark, beg. . .wait, SHE wants one! :headspin: Yes, we're looking for a GT500. :banana piano:

I was told that the 540 is NOT a lock. We can expect more.

No Robert, 540 is a lock for this car. More is for something else. Confirmed from the horses mouth.

Respect to you.

No Robert, 540 is a lock for this car. More is for something else. Confirmed from the horses mouth.

Respect to you.

Son of GT,

Are you going to have the something else put on something too. :hysterical:

ADM's:

A) The new 500KR pulls up the price of a GT500...(Theory: KR brings even more attention to the brand and thus more buyers who more than likely can't get their hands on a KR).

B) The new 500KR lowers the price of a GT500...(Theory: 1,000 GT500 buyers bail in hopes of getting a KR).

What do you think?

Respect to you.

Better rods ..... and beef up the drivetrain a tad ... what .. your still under a few thousands to do this .. now u got a motor and drive line that can take easily 800 hp

Than Ford can really juice the motor up with a blower comparable to the KB .... and smaller pulley ... than I have to agree .. that would definitly be the NEW KING ! :happy feet:

Soooooooooooooooooooooooo Whos impressed .... I will reserve comment ....

I will say this ... My shelbyGT500 non king of the road ... boasts 608 crank HP ... has 373s in it ... and looks quite familiar ...

Beyond the base price of what I paid for the car .. the mods to get me where I am are under $1500

ZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. I'm with you bub. I have about 8K in mods with painted stripes, JLT, SCT, custom tunes, Evo's handling pack, gears, etc. So, I have less than 55k in my car. And, it is one of the first 700 cars....the one that turned Mustang-dom on it's ear....and is truly the 40th anniversary of the GT500. I'll pass.

That said, I do dig the hood. I know a guy that builds them. A forum member used his car for the GP for the design.

I am a haaappppy boy with mine. However, there's a butt for every seat on this ship. I respect other's opinions.

bj

Kaylan, let us Canucks know if you can pick one of these up North of the border. With only 1000 units made, I'm guessing not for under 120 - 130K if at all.

I truly believe there is no way Ford could pass any kind of Mustang for 120-130k. I can see this car listing in the 75-80 range though. Here's hoping we get the +/- 10 % allotment we seem to get. That would mean around 100 cars or so

I'm thinking that if it is true the KR's go to Vegas to be finished off, Canada will get nadda, zip, zilch. There not selling the Shelby GT north of the boarder for that very reason. Transport Canada will not accept vehicles that do not come directly from the manufacturer without crash testing. Amy B herself said they are not interested in certifiying the Shelby GT, so I doubt very much they'll go through the hassle to do that for the KR.

Someone was mentioning they thought it ill advised to buy a Shelby GT and try to import it themselves in another thread. Didn't think it would make it across the border.

Now, if we took our Canadian purhased Shelby GT500's to Vegas for a retrofit as per some rumors around here.....well, there just may be a few KR's north of the US.

Respect to you.

Thanks, I know you're not meaning any. There some discourse here then because we're being told something to the contrary. I'll put it on my list of things to do.

I truly believe there is no way Ford could pass any kind of Mustang for 120-130k. I can see this car listing in the 75-80 range though. Here's hoping we get the +/- 10 % allotment we seem to get. That would mean around 100 cars or so

I agree. I believe the KR will be in the $65K-$75K range (just a guess). The dealers, however, will want all the money & a pound of flesh for these. That's okay--- free market. I just know that I will not be getting one of these.....and I am okay with that :spiteful: I am sure that I will be happy, provided I get what I need :spiteful::spiteful:

By the way, I think that it's great that Ford went ahead with the KR. Just awesome. My hat's off to them and all those at Shelby American! :roses:

Any one else notice the number of guests we have joining our list today?

Yup! :banana piano: Isn't it great!!!

I agree. I believe the KR will be in the $65K-$75K range (just a guess). The dealers, however, will want all the money & a pound of flesh for these. That's okay--- free market. I just know that I will not be getting one of these.....and I am okay with that :spiteful: I am sure that I will be happy, provided I get what I need :spiteful::spiteful:

Cant Ford at least SEMI control that BS ADM?! ITS BS bc the dealerships are getting way outta hand. THe mustang is loses its iconic symbol of AFFORDABLISM :headscratch: OR at least that can be Ford excuse to intervene

By the way, I think that it's great that Ford went ahead with the KR. Just awesome. My hat's off to them and all those at Shelby American! :roses:

Yup! :banana piano: Isn't it great!!!

Hands down to Ford. They are building the best cars ever. bring it GuM and SLOPAR!

ADM's:

A) The new 500KR pulls up the price of a GT500...(Theory: KR brings even more attention to the brand and thus more buyers who more than likely can't get their hands on a KR).

B) The new 500KR lowers the price of a GT500...(Theory: 1,000 GT500 buyers bail in hopes of getting a KR).

What do you think?

I think neither. This car is for a different market, it will be over $100k with ADM. If they make 9,000-10-000 'regular' GT500s, the market will go it's normal course, unaffected by the KR. Chevy dealers did not mark up the normal 'vette when the Z06 came, and I would not expect anything different here. What do the Ford dealers think? Who knows!!!

2008 GT500KR M.S.R.P. will be...... $66,500.00 US (+/- $1,000) .

well, I thought they would build this eventually...great news!, but the ADMs are going to be insane and out of control, bet on it!

It going to be like winning the lottery just to get one even IF you can afford it....shades of the Ford GT I tell ya..arrgh.

That hood is a winner!

2008 GT500KR M.S.R.P. will be...... $66,500.00 US (+/- $1,000) .

That being the case the US MSRP on the GT500 was 43,000 and in Canada it was 51,099. Approximately a 20% adjustment. If the the KR comes in at 66,000+/- I would think the KR would come in around 80,000 Canadian. That's a lot of cabbage for a Mustang. throw in the 14% tax we pay up here + Gus Guz/Frieght/ SVT fee this could very well be a 100,000. Mustang north of the border.....if we can even get one.

if this is in fact the case I think it's safe to say my 07 will be staying put and I'll be getting my deposit cheque back. Damn, I'll just have to settle for my 525rwhp.... :)

That being the case the US MSRP on the GT500 was 43,000 and in Canada it was 51,099. Approximately a 20% adjustment. If the the KR comes in at 66,000+/- I would think the KR would come in around 80,000 Canadian. That's a lot of cabbage for a Mustang. throw in the 14% tax we pay up here + Gus Guz/Frieght/ SVT fee this could very well be a 100,000. Mustang north of the border.....if we can even get one.

if this is in fact the case I think it's safe to say my 07 will be staying put and I'll be getting my deposit cheque back. Damn, I'll just have to settle for my 525rwhp.... :)

Your patience will be rewarded my young Canuck....

gt-500 was originally advertised as 450hp, which was eventually bumped up to 500. can we expect another under-estimation?

+1 likely will officially be released in the 560-580 range IMO.

I too like the hood.

Very nice car, but I agree with some in that it wouldn't offer me (since I am a straight line guy) much over what I have or can build with a tune and pulley. I can't even fathom the price on this car...and the ADM game will increase in fervor.

There are a few interesting ideas for folks like us/me out of this though. For instance, will we be able to buy the ducting for the brake cooling easily and retrofit our cars? What about that Ford racing shifter...I imagine it would be a direct bolt-in for our cars. :idea:

I didn't see much about the interior...so it's hard to know what they'll change if anything other than the dash plaque and headrests.

Is that the color they are calling Vapor? It's kinda like an artists rendering isn't it...not really a photo.

Wonder if GG tax will be higher given the 3.73? :shrug:

Overall it's a great addition to the Mustang lineup...and I think once they finalize HP numbers it will not embarrass the breed. For those that want serious handling...looks like the hot ticket.

Dave

590hp would be sick.

what kind of weight are we talking.

unfortunately it will still carry the added weight of the supercharger package, but minus some a/c, lighter racing seats, minus rearseat, lighter suspension components,~3600ish. didn't say anything about the alloy GT 5.4 block.

Are you saying it could be modded to remove these items? I didn't see any of this in the writeup...did I miss it?

AD

ADM's:

What do you think?

C) By the time this one is released...most or all of the GT500s are sold. In addition, my guess is the price would be significantly higher...so part of the audience will be different. So my guess would be ....

minimal impact :idea:

Archived