TEAM SHELBY FORUM

BREAKING NEWS - Ford Shelby Cobra 50th Anniversary Reunion

MMcGuirk

I am not seeing this event on the 50th tour. Is this part of it or a special event on its own?

This is a special event on its own, with Team Shelby Pacific Coast Region, LASAAC, Mid-America, and Lynn Park involvement to help Event Organizer Wally Parks NHRA Museum put on the best west coast 50th Anniversary Event possible.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Room booked at the Sheraton Fairplex. :yahoo: . Now to decide which package.........Platinum or Gold.

Us too!! Looking forward to meeting up with Mrs and Mr Pig Killer. Thanks for taking that one for us. You sure saved our bacon :hysterical:

Glen and Lisa

Room booked at the Sheraton Fairplex. :yahoo: . Now to decide which package.........Platinum or Gold.

Platinum....because you want access to the special guests that are coming on....Lets just say the who's who of Shelby history

Us too!! Looking forward to meeting up with Mrs and Mr Pig Killer. Thanks for taking that one for us. You sure saved our bacon :hysterical:

Glen and Lisa

That was a very special day....................squished a pig and witnessed a beautiful wedding of two very wonderful people. See you in a few months.

Platinum....because you want access to the special guests that are coming on....Lets just say the who's who of Shelby history

Looked at the plantinum and Gold, seems to be the same minus track. If the wife and I sign up for the Gold, are we missing something beside the track?

Also contected the Sheraton Fairplex. Room is 160 a night, Seems high. Any special event rates pending?

Looked at the plantinum and Gold, seems to be the same minus track. If the wife and I sign up for the Gold, are we missing something beside the track?

Also contected the Sheraton Fairplex. Room is 160 a night, Seems high. Any special event rates pending?

You are correct, the only difference is a $200.00 reduction in cost if you do not want to run the open track for three (3!) days.

I am not aware of any discount at the Sheraton for this event, however the hotel is next to the NHRA Museum (like 300 feet away) so the extra cost, convenience, secured parking and a nice hotel maybe worth the extra $. There are plenty of lower cost hotels near by so there are many options..

Done.......................thanks Tom.

Dan, that was assuming you are tracking your Cobra, otherwise, Gold still gets you all access..

email Lynn Rose at lynnrose@msn.com, she has a block of rooms at $157.

Great news, Tony Thacker Director of the NHRA Museum reports today that the race track has just gotten a fresh repave.

Can't wait to get the 350 out there!

MM, that is SUPER news!

You are correct, the only difference is a $200.00 reduction in cost if you do not want to run the open track for three (3!) days.

I am not aware of any discount at the Sheraton for this event, however the hotel is next to the NHRA Museum (like 300 feet away) so the extra cost, convenience, secured parking and a nice hotel maybe worth the extra $. There are plenty of lower cost hotels near by so there are many options..

Thanks. Yes it looks like a nice hotel and will love the convenience..

Dan, that was assuming you are tracking your Cobra, otherwise, Gold still gets you all access..

I'm in for sure but not decided about tracking the Cobra. It's getting costly every time I track that little car. Last outing I broke a rocker bolt. :banghead:

I'm thinking of building a track only car. Keep the Cobra and SS from any more damage.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in for sure but not decided about tracking the Cobra. It's getting costly every time I track that little car. Last outing I broke a rocker bolt. :banghead:

I'm thinking of building a track only car. Keep the Cobra and SS from any more damage.

Sent in my registration..............went with the Gold package. I just know come Thursday morning I'll wish I got Platinum.

Thanks Tom...............Thanks Dan.

I'll get the room booked tonight and send the mail in registration out Monday.

Not sure which package I'm going with. Tracking the Cobra is getting costly.

Dan

Track the SS it will be a good shake down for Europe. I hear you are getting some work done before the Europe trip anyway.

Dan

Track the SS it will be a good shake down for Europe. I hear you are getting some work done before the Europe trip anyway.

I'm playing it safe and putting the SS away (after Alex is finished) for the Europe Run. Don't want to hurt her before she gets shipped out.

Are you and Lisa going to make it down for Pomona in April?

I'm playing it safe and putting the SS away (after Alex is finished) for the Europe Run. Don't want to hurt her before she gets shipped out.

Are you and Lisa going to make it down for Pomona in April?

We sure are. Have booked the track package and hotel. It might be the only chance I get to run on the historic track. We are headed to PS on the 14th of April for some time in the sun and then we will travel to Pomona on the Thursday (miss one day of track, time but will be there for the evening fun). From there we are headed to Albuquerque for the Tom Petty show and then home via Napa wine country.

The Europe trip is a no go for us; just not enough vacation time with our Texas anniversary and long weekend trips to visit our new Granddaughter. gd.jpg

Looking foward to visiting with you and Marji.

Glen

gd.jpg

We sure are. Have booked the track package and hotel. It might be the only chance I get to run on the historic track. We are headed to PS on the 14th of April for some time in the sun and then we will travel to Pomona on the Thursday (miss one day of track, time but will be there for the evening fun). From there we are headed to Albuquerque for the Tom Petty show and then home via Napa wine country.

The Europe trip is a no go for us; just not enough vacation time with our Texas anniversary and long weekend trips to visit our new Granddaughter. gd.jpg

Looking foward to visiting with you and Marji.

Glen

A Granddaughter, how wonderful, and she's beautiful as well. Congratulations to both you and Lisa.

See you both in a few months......safe travels south.

Due to high demand, a TRACK ONLY option has been added to the Ford-Cobra-Shelby Reunion.

Scheduled for April 19-21 on the historic Pomona Road Race Course (1956-'63), the event is a 3-day fun fest for all Cobras, Ford, Lincoln and Mercury (FLM) vehicles including trucks and Broncos, all Ford- and FLM-powered vehicles, including GT40s and Ford GTs as well as all Shelby vehicles.

The list of activities includes:

* 3 Days of Open Track organized by Mid America Ford Team Shelby

* A new exhibit honoring the Cobra’s 50th birthday presented by Racing Division and curated by Lynn “Mr. Cobra” Park

* A banquet honoring Carroll Shelby

* Show ’N Shine organized by Team Shelby Pacific Coast Region

* Grand Marshall Parnelli Jones (Along with numerous other Ford Cobra Shelby celebrities – Allen Grant, Chuck Cantwell, George Follmer, Phil Remington, Don Prudhomme, John Morton, Bob Bondurant and many more..)

Michael McGuirk

Director

TEAM SHELBY PACIFIC COAST REGION

For more information go to: www.fordcobrashelbyreunion.com

--cid:896C0B1F-E29D-4A4C-9F4B-EE4710161BCF

Three days of Pomona Track time is only $250.00! www.fordcobrashelbyreunion.com

Cars will be seperated into Advanced, Intermediate and Novice groups with the LASAAC group providing driving instruction to assist individuals who want to improve their on-track skills.

There will be a special "Vintage Race" group for race prepared vintage cars that will include historic Tiger's, Mustang's and Cobra's featured on Saturday afternoon.

More and more excitment is developing every day for this event!

KEEP FLIPPING UNTIL YOU CAN DO BOTH!

I wish-

Sorry to say, since I can't do both that close together I have to look at participant bang for the buck,

I maybe wrong but I feel the track days at Spring Mountain (Shelby Bash) VS the Pomona Fairplex dragstrip and parking lot is no comparison.

Even tho the Pomona event will be really cool with more nostalgic and historic race cars.. maybe I can catch them at Monterey in August

I wish-

Sorry to say, since I can't do both that close together I have to look at participant bang for the buck,

I maybe wrong but I feel the track days at Spring Mountain (Shelby Bash) VS the Pomona Fairplex dragstrip and parking lot is no comparison.

Even tho the Pomona event will be really cool with more nostalgic and historic race cars.. maybe I can catch them at Monterey in August

Spring mountain = track that will always be there comericial run venue

historic Pomona Road Race Course 1956 to 63 = may never happen again.

Grand Marshall Parnelli Jones, who knows mabe even CS will show up.

I will miss all of my shelby friends at the vegas bash, but you can only do so many event in one year. I will catch some of you at Graber's, others in Terlingua and there will always be another vegas bash.

Verts allowed on the track just sort of tipped the scales.

Pomona happy%20feet.gifhappy%20feet.gif

Spring mountain = track that will always be there comericial run venue

historic Pomona Road Race Course 1956 to 63 = may never happen again.

Grand Marshall Parnelli Jones, who knows mabe even CS will show up.

I will miss all of my shelby friends at the vegas bash, but you can only do so many event in one year. I will catch some of you at Graber's, others in Terlingua and there will always be another vegas bash.

Verts allowed on the track just sort of tipped the scales.

Pomona happy%20feet.gifhappy%20feet.gif

You and Lisa will be greatly missed in Vegas, but I know we'll always bump into each other somewhere. Ferry Boat from Vancouver Island, Universal City Walk.

Looking forward to hanging out at Pomona.

They are working on putting the registration form with the added "Track Only" on the website ASAP.

Call 909 622-2133 for more information.

Thank you. I received LASAAC's email with the modified PDF attached. Rarin' to go...

Archived