TEAM SHELBY FORUM

FRPP TVS Installed (Updated with Videos)

Rarecat

Phil:

Check out Buyfordracing.com, or Steve at Tousley Ford for the FULL Ford Racing 2.3 Kits,

I bought my FRPP/Whipple polished 2.9L from Tousley and got if for a great price. They sell Ford Racing products for 10% over cost or $200 over cost, whichever is less. And if you spend over $1600 on a order you get free shipping, plus no sales tax if you don't live in the same state they are in.

I can't remember the exact price I paid for my Whipple kit but it was far less expensive than anyone else.

Phill

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's a quick "for example".

I checked the Ford Racing Parts site and see that they offer their 2.3L TVS kit for $3995.00.

That includes the Supercharger, a Pro-Cal tuner, a FRPP 50-State legal tune and a complete Cold Air Intake kit.

I checked the VMP Tuning site and see that they offer their 2.3L TVS supercharger (not "Kit") for $3500.00.

It does not APPEAR to include the Cold Air Intake, the SCT Tuner or a Tune and in fact there is a pull-down menu that asks if you already have a VMP tune w/SCT tuner (which changes the final price).

I can tell you with confidence that you will not get a Tuner tool, a Tune and a CAI Package for $400.00 and if I calculate it right, it will be *considerably* more than $400.00.

In fairness to others, VMP Tuning was the only site I checked (as their link is at the top of the TS page) so there might be other vendors that will meet or beat the Ford Racing $3900 price. I just can't say for sure.

HTH,

Phill

Phill,

Thanks for taking the time to put that comparision together! I think it's going to boil down to service & support when the decision is made.

Cheers,

Ray

Archived