TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT Guitars

Ripthedealeroff

Has anybody ordered one of the 200 Shelby GT Fender Stratocasters (for those of you from the old school of rock & roll. It looks pretty cool although $995.00 is a chunk of change...but as a collector and a Shelby nut it may be worth it.

Wish I could afford it but I have too many others things on my list.... I have two black strats now anyway (one mexican and one US) and I love em!

Does anyone know if they are made in the US or mexico? they look awesome!!

Here's a link I found for the guitar. It cites a link that supposedly has the details starting MAR 1st, but that's a bad lead (no pun intended). At that price it seems like it's not a U.S. "standard,"but I can't confirm that. There is a U.S. made Fender Squire series that might be around that price point, but it's unclear.

http://www.auto-power-girl.com/cars-2007/f...ratocaster-1698

Good luck getting one. If anyone finds one, please share your path ... thanks

Wally

Yea the standard is Mexican made.

Here's the status of this limited edition Fender Strat. guitar. They are only producing 200. They will be HAND MADE and individually numbered in the USofA at Fender's U.S. facility. This is why the delivery will not be until May. Even though they call this a Fender Standard Strat., it is being custom made for this program. In other words when you set this side by side with the production Standard Strat. they will be completely different. I spoke with Ford toay and they only have approximately 40 guitars out of 200 still available for purchase. If you want one you had better get online and order.

Here's a link I found for the guitar. It cites a link that supposedly has the details starting MAR 1st, but that's a bad lead (no pun intended). At that price it seems like it's not a U.S. "standard,"but I can't confirm that. There is a U.S. made Fender Squire series that might be around that price point, but it's unclear.

http://www.auto-power-girl.com/cars-2007/f...ratocaster-1698

Good luck getting one. If anyone finds one, please share your path ... thanks

Wally

Here's the link to purchase the Strat. Also, I inquired about the possibility of a GT-500 guitar and was told that it wasn't in the plans. Good luck all!

http://www.fordcollection.com/default.cfm

• 3 weeks later...
I think you have slipped over the edge :hysterical2:

I just got a hold of an 81 vintage Fender Twin Reverb Amp (135 Watts) with two 12 inch JBL speakers for $560.00. I'm going to have to plug this guitar into something and like the Shelby I used to have one of these too...boy this thing never ends. If worse comes to worse I could put it in the trunk of the GT-500 and call it the Shaker 5000......

I just got a hold of an 81 vintage Fender Twin Reverb Amp (135 Watts) with two 12 inch JBL speakers for $560.00. I'm going to have to plug this guitar into something and like the Shelby I used to have one of these too...boy this thing never ends. If worse comes to worse I could put it in the trunk of the GT-500 and call it the Shaker 5000......

You bought one, dude?

I play guitar, too! My favorite that I have is the first year re-issue '57 strat, #200 out of 500. Bought it new about 20 years ago. The thing plays incredible! :drop:

Looks like they sold out of these S-GT guitars... :cry:

Has anybody ordered one of the 200 Shelby GT Fender Stratocasters (for those of you from the old school of rock & roll. It looks pretty cool although $995.00 is a chunk of change...but as a collector and a Shelby nut it may be worth it.

I'd like to have it for the novelty of it maybe to have on the seat at car shows or something like that, but I rather play my Fender '56 custom shop relic strat which is my favorite of 5 guitars. Even if I could buy it for MSRP, I probably wouldn't because I have other things on the list ahead of this.

Mine's on order. I probably won't play it much. I wish it had three single coils instead of the one humbucker.

I personally miss my 65 strat and my four paul reed smiths I used to have before getting out of it. I do own one of the most magical american standard strats ever though......

CB

You bought one, dude?

I play guitar, too! My favorite that I have is the first year re-issue '57 strat, #200 out of 500. Bought it new about 20 years ago. The thing plays incredible! :drop:

Looks like they sold out of these S-GT guitars... :cry:

If you're interested be sure to call The Ford Collection. If you just click on inventory it will come up 0. Last I checked on Friday they had about 20 left.

Mine's on order. I probably won't play it much. I wish it had three single coils instead of the one humbucker.

I personally miss my 65 strat and my four paul reed smiths I used to have before getting out of it. I do own one of the most magical american standard strats ever though......

CB

Those were the days, weren't they!

CB

Ahh, I love my 1st year re-issue '57. Had it mildly modified by Jim Mouradian. He lives in the area and did unbelievable work! Everyone who plays it says it's the best strat they ever played on. Never selling that one!

If you're interested be sure to call The Ford Collection. If you just click on inventory it will come up 0. Last I checked on Friday they had about 20 left.

Oh! Thanks for the tip! :hyper: I thought they were sold out!

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived