TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My Fog/Driving light project!

Stormchaser,

Can I call debs on the templates. 7 Trendy Ridge, Texarkana, AR 71854 I have someone that can do the cut outs for me and I'll mail them back to you or forward to the next forum member that wants them. I've got an electrical tech that works for me that is very creative. I'll have him do it and install the lights and connect the wiring.

:mail: GG

You bet, I will get the other details on the hardware and how to mount them to set them at the right angle. I will get the measurements tommorrow and draw up a sheet on everything. Then you can forward all that info to the next member then!

Rich

aka StormRACER! lol

You bet, I will get the other details on the hardware and how to mount them to set them at the right angle. I will get the measurements tommorrow and draw up a sheet on everything. Then you can forward all that info to the next member then!

Rich

aka StormRACER! lol

Rich,

Sorry about the typo, my brain doesn't function as well after I hit 55 ..... GG

Perhaps instead of the aluminum pieces being sent, make up some heavy cardboard pieces or some heavy wall board pieces (like we used to have to use for our science projects in school) to use as a template...would save on shipping costs for everyone involved...OK, I know I dated myself with the science project statement, but I'm sure someone remembers having to do those way back when! It was just a thought...Those templates could be shipped in a USPS flat rate envelope for about $4.65 to anyone, anywhere!

Rich,

Another Idea to float out; You could scan the template as a word or PDF Document and along with your write up you were planning to do attach it to your post.

That way the info is there for everyone that is interested. We just open the template file, print it out and use it and your write up to work on our own projects.

It would save the hassle of asking who has the template now?

Just a late night thought. Thanks again for the idea and the info.

VERY nicely done!

:happy feet:

The only thing I would add is some sort of rubber or plastic "O" ring to finish off the honeycomb cut and it would truly look as thought it shipped that way!

A really nice job though! I've seen others that look like hacks and this is the closest I've seen to something Ford may have done and you guys know how I am about the car's look! I'd be proud to have this done to my car. (though I would keep a spare set of the inserts to cover up the hole if ever needed to be removed).

Outstanding!

Here is a set of drawings that I made up! In regards to the actual template drawing, I cant seem to get the scanner to match perfect size, but this gives you a good idea. The hole for the fogs that bought off Ebay needed is 3.75 inches. So all in all not that hard to do. Just center the hole on your mounting area which leaves the original tabs in place for return to stock mode.

Fog Template.pdf

Here is a set of drawings that I made up! In regards to the actual template drawing, I cant seem to get the scanner to match perfect size, but this gives you a good idea. The hole for the fogs that bought off Ebay needed is 3.75 inches. So all in all not that hard to do. Just center the hole on your mounting area which leaves the original tabs in place for return to stock mode.

I liked the idea of a outer ring to finish this off also. Someone should come up with an aftermarket kit to do this with regular Ford factory connecters and lights so it is plug and play. Again nice job, but just over my head and skill set. Would buy the kit though and have someone else do it.

Have you thought about contacting Classic Car Designs CDC and talking to them about building a kit. You could license it and become a zillionaire.

:headscratch:

GG

I like it Rich (aka, stormracer :hysterical: ).... I kinda liked the way it looked with the original aluminum parts. I was never a real big fan (no pun intended) of the cheap looking honeycomb covers, especially with the aluminum lower grill. I have a friend that works at a prototype shop...... maybe I'll have to make some calls..... But a big THUMBS UP for what you did, it's fun being inventive ain't it! Sorry 'bout the boo-boo don't cha just hate it when stuff like that happens ..... :banghead:

VERY nicely done!

:happy feet:

The only thing I would add is some sort of rubber or plastic "O" ring to finish off the honeycomb cut and it would truly look as thought it shipped that way!

A really nice job though! I've seen others that look like hacks and this is the closest I've seen to something Ford may have done and you guys know how I am about the car's look! I'd be proud to have this done to my car. (though I would keep a spare set of the inserts to cover up the hole if ever needed to be removed).

Outstanding!

I was looking for the molding that is used on the holes on some of the aluminum patio heaters to give the cutout a finished look. I've come up empty so far.

There is always the MCMaster catalog. http://www.mcmaster....molding/=b8xthv

This link is for Edge molding of all sorts.

I like it Rich (aka, stormracer :hysterical: ).... I kinda liked the way it looked with the original aluminum parts. I was never a real big fan (no pun intended) of the cheap looking honeycomb covers, especially with the aluminum lower grill. I have a friend that works at a prototype shop...... maybe I'll have to make some calls..... But a big THUMBS UP for what you did, it's fun being inventive ain't it! Sorry 'bout the boo-boo don't cha just hate it when stuff like that happens ..... :banghead:

Good work Rich-

Doug-

I've got some aluminum lower panels being water jet cut this week, but the holes in them will be 2.5" for my brake ducts not driving lights.. I'm either going to leave them aluminum and treat um or drop them by to be powder coated black, still undecided. I've got some trim ideas currently being researched thru my work.

Let's see how they turn out, if they look good enough I could always have some made up with the hole cut to Rich's dimensions. But only if it's ok with Rich

I enjoyed your writeup very much. Nice work on the conversion.

The timing was excellent as I have one of those lights laying on my desk at work that I keep staring at (I work for an auto parts manufacturer...) The quality of that light is excellent due to the adjustability and ease of changing the bulb.

Also interesting that yours said Nissan on them. Mine only says Valeo, which is a lighting company in Mexico, but they appear to be the exact same housing. I bet they use these in multiple different autos.

Thanks for the drawing and the detailed photos! Nice job!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I wish someone would build this kit for us and make it plug and play...........

GG

+1

I have been looking for either the upper grill with lights or the lower inserts but since Shelby discontinued these, there is nothing commercially available to fill this need. I would really love to add some driving/fog lights but an nervous about doing something like this "freestyle". It would be great to be able to purchase a kit that I can feel comfortable that I won't mess anything up.

Mike

I have seen some GT-H style driving lights on one of the major Mustang vendors, I think on the TMS website and search lights. They are similar but not the same as the originals, they have a brake duct opening and a light area.

I have heard the PIAA lights are no longer made for this set up also and you might have to find another brand. Hopefully one of our members will chime in and give more dirrection.

I'll try to check later tonight when I have time to look,,,,,,,,,,,,,

GG

• 1 month later...

Just a thought. . . . . . Being I am a speakers/stereo kinda person. . . . . perhaps a custom stereo shop in your area may have some plastic Speaker Sub Box Port Tubing with a finishing ring that might work around those fog lamps. I would check with them. . . . the port tubing can come in various sizes. . .

I have been waiting for something like this to come along so we could install our own fog lamps down there. I like the originals from SPP that came on the GT-H but it looks like we will have to use our imagination and come up with something on our own.

Archived