TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Announces Red, White and Blue GT350 Models for 2012

:hysterical:

Sorry they do not

Not sure why that is a laughing matter. Now that Ford is producing the Boss 302 with forged internals it seems fairly irresponsible to supercharge the 5.0L and not upgrade it to handle those kinds of power levels, especially at these price points. When is Shelby going to become more than just a bolt-on shop?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that that number has been modified due to how much effort each one of these cars takes to build and make it right. Im odd man out considering I dont really care if SA limits buids- I want everyone that wants one to have one. Even at 2000, the GT350 is going to be a very collectible build, but now, with the numbers so much less....you wont see many out there for sure. I know of two others in my area getting one, but thats probably the exception. I had also heard the striping wont be painted any longer, but we will have to wait for Roger to get back for everyone to get clarification. I took my 350 out for a drive last night, and it is just soooo much fun. Im up so early because I have another Shelby get together in a few hours for a fun little excursion.

Your not that odd out Warren as I agree 100%. Produce as many Shelby's the market can take and keep SA health for a long time. With the Super Snake being the most produced Shelby, I NEVER see any on the road.

I've got go with this awesome blue one! But I still like to see the white w blue stripes

post-31184-0-24208100-1297298925_thumb.jpgpost-31184-0-74362800-1297298942_thumb.jpg

It looks like there's three 2012 GT350s at Chicago... red / blue verts and white coupe.

post-31184-0-44560800-1297299033_thumb.jpg post-31184-0-03860300-1297299067_thumb.jpg

That ass end looks kind of like the New V Cadillac, elongated. Nice but it is still growing on me. I really like the Red vert...............on fire.

Well I am back on my feet. I will have ordering specifications up under a sticky tomorrow.

For warranty; the naturally aspirated versions are 430 HP and are covered by the full factory warranty. 525HP versions full warranty except the SC which is covered by 12/12. 724 HP voids powertrain.

Total production is 350 units for the 12 model year. This is all colors and configurations.

Base package pricing remains the same.

The 2 convertibles were 2011 model year prototypes.

Only orders received currently are fir 2012. Expect to pay $4,000+ additional for a convertible based on Ford Motor Company MSRP.

More info to follow. We will get back This everyone, phones have been ringing off the hook. And we are a little behind.

Roger

Well I am back on my feet. I will have ordering specifications up under a sticky tomorrow.

For warranty; the naturally aspirated versions are 430 HP and are covered by the full factory warranty. 525HP versions full warranty except the SC which is covered by 12/12. 724 HP voids powertrain.

Total production is 350 units for the 12 model year. This is all colors and configurations.

Only orders received currently are fir 2012. Expect to pay $4,000+ additional for a convertible based on Ford Motor Company MSRP.

More info to follow. We will get back This everyone, phones have been ringing off the hook. And we are a little behind.

Roger

Roger, great to hear your doing better! Glad the GT350 is a bit hit (phones ringing off the hook). With the low 2012 production numbers, I'm betting these will be sold out in no time. I wish I had the pockets to order a vista blue vert. Maybe next time. take care of yourself! Rich

Roger, great to hear your doing better! Glad the GT350 is a bit hit (phones ringing off the hook). With the low 2012 production numbers, I'm betting these will be sold out in no time. I wish I had the pockets to order a vista blue vert. Maybe next time. take care of yourself! Rich

How much horsepower can a 5.0 automatic transmission handle?

I know the only way to have a 2012 GT350 with an automatic transmisson is without the supercharger. I read it some where.

Roger

\

Roger, are the painted stripes down the rear bumper still an option?

How much horsepower can a 5.0 automatic transmission handle?

I know the only way to have a 2012 GT350 with an automatic transmisson is without the supercharger. I read it some where.

Currently there is no calibration for the automatic and the Ford Racing Supercharger. Just a naturally aspirated version with a calibration to 430 HP.

Roger

These cars are the pinnacle of Carroll's long history. As I trolled through this thread, I am reminded that we are witnessing history in the making once, twice, and thrice again!

I want one of these cars sooooo bad....I just have no room. If I could sell my 500 to someone who appreciates it, like I do, I would still do a white / blue coupe. My wife is totally cool with it, which is usually the biggest issue. It's just that I am car rich right now, and the economy is car poor! I'd even be willing to wait for the year that it's said to take to get one.

:(

I'll keep trolling, and hoping........

edit- btw, I should mention here as well, the arse end on this car is the major draw for me liking this car as much as I do! I really don't care for the stocker rear-end. JMHO

Currently there is no calibration for the automatic and the Ford Racing Supercharger. Just a naturally aspirated version with a calibration to 430 HP.

Roger

Which makes NO sense as the Cadillac CTS-V with its AUTOMATIC has 550hp!

Which makes NO sense as the Cadillac CTS-V with its AUTOMATIC has 550hp!

I'm gonna play devil's advocate here for a minute..........

I know a gentleman, (older retired) car dude that drives 'mellow', if you will. He's had his CTS-V in the shop for tranny problems SEVERAL times, and is on the verge of getting rid of it, as he is sick of it!

Maybe SA is on to something????

Just sayin'... B)

When I bought my SGT automatic it was with the idea that I'd S/C it. Once I drove it, I decided against it...it was fun, powerful and since it was strictly a pleasure car I kept it just the way I found it. And I enjoyed it immensely.

Now that I have the GT350 with the automatic, it is exponentially faster, quicker and more responsive. Even if they came out with a S/C and a tune as an add-on, I'd leave it alone. The car is just fine...but then again, it's a pleasure car - not a track car.

Just my 2 cents.

John

When I bought my SGT automatic it was with the idea that I'd S/C it. Once I drove it, I decided against it...it was fun, powerful and since it was strictly a pleasure car I kept it just the way I found it. And I enjoyed it immensely.

Now that I have the GT350 with the automatic, it is exponentially faster, quicker and more responsive. Even if they came out with a S/C and a tune as an add-on, I'd leave it alone. The car is just fine...but then again, it's a pleasure car - not a track car.

Just my 2 cents.

John

John, I am so jealous. I would leave mine alone too. It must feel good to be one of the 'chosen' few?!

Archived