TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Announces Red, White and Blue GT350 Models for 2012

Well, I now have a choice, a 2012 GT350 Vert or a 2012 GT500 Vert. What a perfect question for anyone. I am now leaning towards the 2012 GT350, since this will be a limited edtion. If I did do the GT350, what color should I go for?

Tom

PS

Roger you might be getting a call soon...

Whatever color goes best with the model from your legend lime! :happy feet: After seeing both the red and blue, it's a tough call. Come on over from Cali and check them out :shift:

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I now have a choice, a 2012 GT350 Vert or a 2012 GT500 Vert. What a perfect question for anyone. I am now leaning towards the 2012 GT350, since this will be a limited edtion. If I did do the GT350, what color should I go for?

Tom

PS

How about Performance White with special order Limer Stripes.................

Tom

PS

Tom, go for the GT350 and don't look back.

With only 350 total 2012 GT350s you'd better get your order in quick.... What color are you thinking about?

If I can sell my SGT for high 20's my favorite car looks like a....

Blue convertible with 525 hp and a 6 spd stick.

I will be at the auto show this saturday. will that be too late to ask about buying one?

All the people who did not get their 2011 45th anniversary edition but carried over to a 2012-

GT350 are all those cars white coupes?

:headscratch:

Awesome looking car, and another to put into my 'want-but-can't-fit-into-the-budget' cars. I'll probably have to sttle for antoher die-cast.

Appropriate that the unveiling happened at the same venue as a the GM reveal of the ZL1 Catfish, a car that won't be available for another whole year!

Which brings me to my best idea of the day. Ford/Shelby will certianly be missing out of the don't use (and pay me a pile of bucks! ) as their next advertising catch phrase; "Time to go catch some Z's"

Whatever color goes best with the model from your legend lime! happy feet.gif After seeing both the red and blue, it's a tough call. Come on over from Cali and check them out :shift:

Might be coming to Vegas soon...

Tom

I will be at the auto show this saturday. will that be too late to ask about buying one?

All the people who did not get their 2011 45th anniversary edition but carried over to a 2012-

Give SAI sales a call at 702.942.7325 and they can at least give you some guidance. They are only building 350 of these puppies.

What is the price of a 2012 mustang gt convertible? (gt350 base vehicle)

What is the price of a 2012 mustang gt coupe? (gt350 base vehicle)

I called SAI today. Waiting for the info on the 2012 Mustang GT requirements.

Tom

I bet the convertible will be a bit out of my reach.

Unless i go convertible with out a supercharger, and auto.

Also keep in mind that since January 1st we have been taking 2012 orders from customers. This would be a good time to give Roger a call if you're thinking of a GT350.

Steve

I thought the GT350 (2011-2012) was limited to 2000 units. So the orders that SAI has been taking since Jan 1st was for the Coupe GT350. Is the 350 units for 2012 just for convertibles or is it part of the 2000 unit nu,ber announced last year.

Does SAI take trade in's? GO SGT......

Went to the auto show yesterday. All I can say is WOW!!! Those cars are AWESOME!!!! There are 3 cars there, white coupe, race red vert and kona blue vert. Spent about an hour talking to John and Gary. SUPER nice guys!! What an experience. When John wasn't talking to people he was polishing the cars. So down to earth and such a pashion for what he does. Gary to, talked for quite a while about auto crossing, driving etc. Fun guys to talk to!! The white coupe that is there is Carroll's car that is being raffled...http://winashelby.org/ Definitely buying tickets for this!!!

There will be 350 2012 GT350's built. Coupe vs. Vert. vs Color combo will be determined by those who order them. That is, there will be 350 total built with no specific # of coupe's or verts or color combo, will be determined by the buyers. What I did notice though, the red and blue verts, 2012 GT350's, had 2011 Mustang VINs. I didn't ask John or Gary about it so I'm not sure if that's because they were prototypes or if you can get a 2011 Mustang with 2012 GT350 trim. My guess is because they are prototypes...no 2012 Mustangs available when building the 2012 GT350, plus 2011s are no longer being built.

Hang in there guys. The response to the 2012 GT350's has been overwhelming. Roger will have someone from the sales staff get back to each of you asap.

Steve

I will be at the auto show looking at 3 SHELBY's before noon tomorrow. :camera:

I like the looks of the convertibles. If I find a way to purchase one, :spend:

I have no problem being one of the last to get an order placed. I am glad to hear the buzz is overwhelming.

I wait patiently for more information.

:lurk:

Thanks for the write up henrycp. I'll make a trip to SA next month to take a look at the new verts.

I agree 100% with your comments about John and Gary. Great guys that are very down to earth....easy to talk with....and very, very knowledgeable about these fantastic cars.

I thought the GT350 (2011-2012) was limited to 2000 units. So the orders that SAI has been taking since Jan 1st was for the Coupe GT350. Is the 350 units for 2012 just for convertibles or is it part of the 2000 unit nu,ber announced last year.

Before this curent anouncement of only 350 GT350's for 2012 the previous production was going to be capped at 500 units per model year.

Steve

I think that that number has been modified due to how much effort each one of these cars takes to build and make it right. Im odd man out considering I dont really care if SA limits buids- I want everyone that wants one to have one. Even at 2000, the GT350 is going to be a very collectible build, but now, with the numbers so much less....you wont see many out there for sure. I know of two others in my area getting one, but thats probably the exception. I had also heard the striping wont be painted any longer, but we will have to wait for Roger to get back for everyone to get clarification. I took my 350 out for a drive last night, and it is just soooo much fun. Im up so early because I have another Shelby get together in a few hours for a fun little excursion.

Archived