TEAM SHELBY FORUM

CTS-V will not be the problem for us the ZL1 Camaro will

COBRA32

No... we're not!

But unfortunately, we can't call in an air strike to remove it, because it wouldn't be PC. :hysterical:

Well, you clicked on it, apparently you wanted to read it. What can I say? I didn't start it. Some guy named Cobra who has been here over half a decade did.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice car, but it won't do any of the above except regarding beating the ZL1.

For a car that was designed and built in the early 1960's, there is no competition. I remember reading somewhere, long ago, that the original AC 427 Cobra could do 0-100-0 in 10 seconds. That's something to be proud of...

For a car that was designed and built in the early 1960's, there is no competition. I remember reading somewhere, long ago, that the original AC 427 Cobra could do 0-100-0 in 10 seconds. That's something to be proud of...

BDrool I heard that too, and also that it still holds that record.

Its just nice to know that Carroll Shelby still embraces the Big Power/Big Brakes philosophy almost 50 years later!

-HAWKBARR

By keep up with, did you mean almost two seconds to 100mph lower than? Thebusa does that in low 5s. That cobra takes around 7 seconds. Just being a realist. It's fast as heck, about equal to a zr1 below 120. -where near a Busa, though.

100 mph slower...two seconds slower? That's totally whacked. Quit drinking mouthwash.

The PW ratio (using RWHP) for a stock Hayabusa with 200 lb rider is ~ 4.61. The Cobra in question is around 4.90. That's fairly close. The Cobra is drag limited, but should do 170+. I don't think the stock bike can do 270. And, for example, what if the Cobra was making an additional 200 hp? Then, it's at 3.64.

Just for reference, my Probe is around 3.71.

100 mph slower...two seconds slower? That's totally whacked. Quit drinking mouthwash.

The PW ratio (using RWHP) for a stock Hayabusa with 200 lb rider is ~ 4.61. The Cobra in question is around 4.90. That's fairly close. The Cobra is drag limited, but should do 170+. I don't think the stock bike can do 270.

Just for reference, my Probe is around 3.71.

The 'Busa has been tested to the low 5-second range, you can find this anywhere on the 'web, and the owner of that AC Cobra you linked the vid to claims "around 7 seconds". The numbers is what they is.

By keep up with, did you mean almost two seconds to 100mph lower than? Thebusa does that in low 5s. That cobra takes around 7 seconds. Just being a realist. It's fast as heck, about equal to a zr1 below 120. -where near a Busa, though.

It'd stay with the Hayabusa longer than the ZR1. Now...give me an 800 HP Cobra with sticky tires..........

Archived