TEAM SHELBY FORUM

'11 Shelby GT500 vs. CTS-V caddy............

darthracer777

Then why don't Pro Stockers, Pro Mods, Funny cars, & Top Fuel cars use IRS? IRS may work fine on the 'strip, but it's not the best or ultimate setup. Road racing is a completely different situation.

They don't use manual transmissions, either. The GT500 only comes in manual. There is no excuse for the SRA on the GT500 beyond Ford not wanting to spend the R&D to put it in the car. Well, they are going to in 2014, so they will have to bite that bullet finally.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was skimming through the back of one of the rags (Road & Track) I believe it was and going through their list of car specs. The next closest car

to the GT500 in performance and price is the CTS-V. Typically, that car costs $15 to $20K more than out beloved Shelby's. This shows what a

true value our cars are. There are a total of two cars under $100,000 new that beat the Shelby pretty consistently. They are the Z06 and the Nissan

GTR. My main attraction to the Shelby was performance per dollar, performance potential and ease of maintenance. At $55,000 there is nothing that comes close to

the Shelby. Nothing. And sorry to all you multi-millionaires out there that would argue, but the price difference from the CTS-V of $15,000 to me is a lot.

Not that I'd buy a Caddy anyway even if I could.

My point is this. If you start adding IRS, heated seats, heads-up display,carbon fiber this and composite body material that, and all those dodads and

thingamajigs to the Shelby, it suddenly loses it's appeal of an affordable musle/sports car that your average blue collar guy can afford.

Argue all you want amongst yourselves over which car is better and faster. I couldn't care less. I've owned just about every form of affordable sports car/muscle car

you can think of and my Shelby so far is the favorite car I've owned.

By the way, IN THE REAL WORLD, magazine times don't mean squat. I've been to rented track days and Corvette club track rentals and I've seen first hand

what REAL people in their "mid 11 second" C6 Z06's can do. It's actually quite amusing and I highly recommend going to a track rental and watching these guys

that THINK they know how to drive actually do it.

So please, no quoting magazine times. They are not the standard as to what these (or any) cars are capable of. Truthfully, they're just bragging rights

for people that will never take their car to the track. The CTS-V's only advantage over the Shelby is the automatic. Plain and simple, that's it.

The GT500 is a great value, and I don't think ANYONE can argue against that. However, to say the GT500 would cost a lot more with IRS and lighter body-panels is rediculous when a C6 corvette has all of that and costs about $12K less than the SVTPP GT500.

I saw some old guy pull up in a Z06 off the highway on a hot summer day once. He granny-shifted his way to consistant 11.8's@121mph hot-lapping it. It's a lot easier to get a decent 60' time with 325's out back than with 285's I would imagine. No, not a lot of people are going to run 10's in their bone-stock Z06, but plenty will see LOW! 12's and high 11's with a bit of practice.

What you said in bold is really all that matters. You paid for it. You like it. Who cares what I or anyone else think about YOUR car, as long as you are happy with where your money went. :shift:

I'm glad you're back from vacation. A little GM-bias is good for the discussion. However, if you're going to use such a big word, you need to use the right one - like antediluvian.

Good catch. My spelling is fail and always has been.

See, it's not GM bias, it's just plain bias. I am not for the SRA. Even the quasi-IRS of the 'vette is something I am not a fan of, but it is a lot better than a true SRA.

THE BEST TIME THAT I SAW FOR A GT500 IS 11.9@120 ON STOCK TIRES.DRIVER,EVAN SMITH. :happy feet:

Yeah, and EVERYYYYYYBODY claims that ET when they want to bench race their GT500 vs. about any other car.

Just like EVERYYYYYYYBODY wants to claim the Ford/SVT VIR 8 second quicker (or 9, depending on who you talk to) time now, with the '11 SVTPP car when bench racing on a road course.

It is called "BENCH" racing for a reason.....

I watched the VIR video when Ford first introduced the SVTPP car. The first thing that everyone saw was that the car had a racing seat (or was it SEATS?) in it.

Stock? HA, I think not.

But what *I* saw was the on-board telemetry they showed. The G meter consistantly showed well over 1 G in the corners. Sorry, that's NOT a stock GT500's (SVTPP or not) G rating.

Hey, maybe they just put a good set of racing tires on the car....I don't know. What I do know, is that they didn't use a "stock" car to get those times.

Claim someone elses time all you want, but you aren't "someone else" so it's all moot.

JMHO,

Phill

They don't use manual transmissions, either. The GT500 only comes in manual. There is no excuse for the SRA on the GT500 beyond Ford not wanting to spend the R&D to put it in the car. Well, they are going to in 2014, so they will have to bite that bullet finally.

LOL....WRONG......NHRA Pro Stocks utilize a Liberty or G-Force five-speed clutchless manual transmission....and many, many stock, super stock, and other classes use more typical manual trannys. Other organizations, such as the ADRL, have competitors that utilize the Liberty trannys. Yes, they shift.

Yeah, and EVERYYYYYYBODY claims that ET when they want to bench race their GT500 vs. about any other car.

Just like EVERYYYYYYYBODY wants to claim the Ford/SVT VIR 8 second quicker (or 9, depending on who you talk to) time now, with the '11 SVTPP car when bench racing on a road course.

I watched the VIR video when Ford first introduced the SVTPP car. The first thing that everyone saw was that the car had a racing seat (or was it SEATS?) in it.

Stock? HA, I think not.

But what *I* saw was the on-board telemetry they showed. The G meter consistantly showed well over 1 G in the corners. Sorry, that's NOT a stock GT500's (SVTPP or not) G rating.

Hey, maybe they just put a good set of racing tires on the car....I don't know. What I do know, is that they didn't use a "stock" car to get those times.

Claim someone elses time all you want, but you aren't "someone else" so it's all moot.

JMHO,

Phill

LOL...so, you hate your car. I have a suggestion....buy a Z06 and you and JWG223 and go rallying together. I love my TVS Shelby. I'll keep it.

LOL...so, you hate your car.

REALLY?

Where on Earth did I say that?

Now *I* have a suggestion for you...don't put words into other people's mouths.

Either quote me, or don't, but do NOT tell me I said something I didn't say.

If I wanted a Vette, I'd have one. And you can quote me on that!

Phill

LOL....WRONG......NHRA Pro Stocks utilize a Liberty or G-Force five-speed clutchless manual transmission....and many, many stock, super stock, and other classes use more typical manual trannys. Other organizations, such as the ADRL, have competitors that utilize the Liberty trannys. Yes, they shift.

What option code is that for the Shelby? :slapfight:

The stock SVTPP package should pull over 1G on a meter in corners. The Z06 in stock form ruitinely sees 1.1-1.2G on stock tires. Skidpad ratings and dynamic forces on the race-track are often like that.

I do agree that the SVTPP car that set that "record", as it were, was not stock. Considering that noone can come close to it, and SVT drove the car, etc. etc. etc. It has no 3rd party anything to it, and all 3rd party testing has been well over 5 seconds slower or more around VIR. A virtual eternity.

The stock SVTPP package should pull over 1G on a meter in corners. The Z06 in stock form ruitinely sees 1.1-1.2G on stock tires. Skidpad ratings and dynamic forces on the race-track are often like that.

I do agree that the SVTPP car that set that "record", as it were, was not stock. Considering that noone can come close to it, and SVT drove the car, etc. etc. etc. It has no 3rd party anything to it, and all 3rd party testing has been well over 5 seconds slower or more around VIR. A virtual eternity.

So are the GM boards so boring that you feel you have to continually Troll the Shelby forum? or do yo you think if you point out, over and over what you see as flaws in Shelbys that others will want what you bought? I enjoy this forum, but I get sick of a faceless troll (you) continuing to bash Shelbys in your unique style? I am glad you like your Vette, so why are you not on the Vette board with like minded people? I think you come here looking for confrontation and enjoy it. But you know what, this board is not here for that purpose.

Personally, I don't give a sh*t what the caddie can do, it is a bankers car. I also don't care if a Vette is or is not faster than my Shelby, or that it has IRS and composites, to me the Vettes all look about the same, but I get it, there is a market for the car and a lot of people like them. To each his own. ............

PLEASE, go troll elsewhere.

So are the GM boards so boring that you feel you have to continually Troll the Shelby forum? or do yo you think if you point out, over and over what you see as flaws in Shelbys that others will want what you bought? I enjoy this forum, but I get sick of a faceless troll (you) continuing to bash Shelbys in your unique style? I am glad you like your Vette, so why are you not on the Vette board with like minded people? I think you come here looking for confrontation and enjoy it. But you know what, this board is not here for that purpose.

Personally, I don't give a sh*t what the caddie can do, it is a bankers car. I also don't care if a Vette is or is not faster than my Shelby, or that it has IRS and composites, to me the Vettes all look about the same, but I get it, there is a market for the car and a lot of people like them. To each his own. ............

I'm just saying the same thing many GT500 owners are. Why didn't you blow up on the GT500 owner who also said Ford was fudging. You know...the guy I was quoting when you made your gallant entry into this thread attacking me?

The ONLY! problem you have with me is I don't have a GT500. You obviously don't have a problem with people intelligently discussing--or even bashing--the GT500's weak-points...unless they don't have a GT500.

Why don't YOU stop trolling this thread by trying to drive it off-topic? I have been quite on-topic in this thread. I have compared the two cars, and brought other cars into the mix to provide examples of the technologies represented and being compared. You on the other hand (who have no interest in the topic but yet clicked on it---go figure?) have just slung personal insults around and brought NOTHING of value to the table.

If you don't want to read about a GM car, don't click on a topic about one. It's as simple as that.

I could care less about comparisons unless it's GT500-GT500. I don't care what the M3, Civic, CTS-V, S2000, Eclipse, Turbo what ever, GM or rice burner has to offer. Moderators should remove

anything in here that is not specific to Ford / GT500. I want valued info, tech info etc not what GM or whomever has or is doing. That info is worthless. I like the feel, look and things the Shelby

has to offer and since 1965 there has never been another car like the Shelby. Yes there have been faster ones but they are not a Shelby, so I again could care less. That is why there are other

forums so those cars can be researched elsewhere.

Stock? HA, I think not.

JMHO,

Phill

if you dont believe those times,who cares.some drivers are better than others.maybe you will come to understand that one day.

if you dont believe those times,who cares.some drivers are better than others.maybe you will come to understand that one day.

Well, then the Caddy CTS-V is also probably a 2:58 second car, and the 'vettes probably run low 2:5X's then. The Viper rolls in the mid 2:4X's That doesn't change how the GT500 relates to the CTS-V.

Every time the 2 cars are compared, they are within driver-error range of each other.

Here...here....well said. You have to realize is that JWG223 loves to poke sticks in people eyes. He obviously gets aroused doing it. That's why he comes to the TS boards and sings the praises of other makes. It may be an addiction for him. And yet, he accuses others of of hurling insults...LOL....maybe he should look in the mirror. I'm afraid he's a pest that we can't get rid of. You see, I would never go to another forum, say a 'vette forum, and rag on their cars all day long. I have no need or desire to do it and it would be classless of me to ruin their fun. JWG223 feels differently. He feels like we desperately need his input on the horror of the Shelby's SRA. Well, he should personally contact Carroll Shelby and have the balls to tell him his cars suck because of the dreaded SRA. But, he has no such courage.

Here...here....well said. You have to realize is that JWG223 loves to poke sticks in people eyes. He obviously gets aroused doing it. That's why he comes to the TS boards and sings the praises of other makes. It may be an addiction for him. And yet, he accuses others of of hurling insults...LOL....maybe he should look in the mirror. I'm afraid he's a pest that we can't get rid of. You see, I would never go to another forum, say a 'vette forum, and rag on their cars all day long. I have no need or desire to do it and it would be classless of me to ruin their fun. JWG223 feels differently. He feels like we desperately need his input on the horror of the Shelby's SRA. Well, he should personally contact Carroll Shelby and have the balls to tell him his cars suck because of the dreaded SRA. But, he has no such courage.

I'm critical of the 'vette just like I am the GT500. That is how you make things better. By finding what's wrong with them, not sticking your head in the sand and chanting the party line.

Why have I not contacted Mr. Shelby?

Because Mr. Shelby has nothing to do with the GT500.

When I WAS a Ford dealership employee, I did state that the 4.6L needed to go and the 5.4L should be in the car for the re-design (This was 2004-2005). Of course, I was just a peon and worked in sales and none really gave a damn, but I did say it when I had the chance.

I was still in my "Make it fast in a straight line because that's all that matters" mindset. So the SRA didn't bother me then.

The funny thing about all this?

When they fix the transmission and slap an IRS under the car, all you same people are going to go on and on about how awesome it is.

Well, then the Caddy CTS-V is also probably a 2:58 second car, and the 'vettes probably run low 2:5X's then. The Viper rolls in the mid 2:4X's That doesn't change how the GT500 relates to the CTS-V.

Every time the 2 cars are compared, they are within driver-error range of each other.

what do you mean the cts v is probably a 2:58 second car?either it is ,or is not.the time FORD got at VIR,is documented.

I'm just saying the same thing many GT500 owners are. Why didn't you blow up on the GT500 owner who also said Ford was fudging. You know...the guy I was quoting when you made your gallant entry into this thread attacking me?

The ONLY! problem you have with me is I don't have a GT500. You obviously don't have a problem with people intelligently discussing--or even bashing--the GT500's weak-points...unless they don't have a GT500.

Why don't YOU stop trolling this thread by trying to drive it off-topic? I have been quite on-topic in this thread. I have compared the two cars, and brought other cars into the mix to provide examples of the technologies represented and being compared. You on the other hand (who have no interest in the topic but yet clicked on it---go figure?) have just slung personal insults around and brought NOTHING of value to the table.

If you don't want to read about a GM car, don't click on a topic about one. It's as simple as that.

JWG223 you have never even driven a GT500, so your opinions on its weak-points don't mean squat and you're wrong. You have no clue of how cool the GT500 is to drive. Hands down, it's the most fun, most enjoyable car I've ever driven. I drove Camaro SS for 500 miles; it was just so-so with ugly, crappy interior. I drove the Hertz Vette for 600+ miles. I basically think it sucks after a while, felt like I was driving a dune buggy and the ride and the interior are crappy. Also, it was a tight fit for my legs and became uncomfortable - sucked.

And as far as your harping about the 1-2 shift, it's my opinion that a lot these issues come from people beating on the car when brand new and not breaking them in correctly.

I've never minded someone like JWG223 who has his own opinions on car forums. Yes, he can be annoying at times...like say when you make

a post about running a car from 60 to 100 in 4 seconds and giving an estimation time of 0 to 100 in 8 seconds....and he sends you a pointless

IM saying you "cheated" in your estimation of 8 seconds because of shift times...blah blah blah...no shit sherlock. That's why it's called an

estimation and it was just for conversations sake.

I'm not busting your balls JWG, but Christ dude, just learn when enough is enough. Opinions are one thing, but continuously harping about

Corvettes and Vipers gets old on a Shelby forum. I'm a huge Corvette fan. I've been around them my entire life. I've owned 6 Vettes and 2 Vipers.

They're both great cars, but theres something about the Shelby that neither has. I'm not exacty sure what it is yet. When I figure it out, I'll

send you an IM and tell you what it is and why you're wrong. :mail:

If you're a member at corvette.com, look me up. My name there is Nat04Z06. You can find me on the C5 Z06 fast list. Last time I checked

I was #10 for a bone stock car at 12.20 @ 119. My point of that was not to brag. But just to let you know that I do know how to drag race in case

you feel the need to correct me or challenge me about a future post about my Shelby when I take it to the track.

BTW, to the rest of you guys...don't let JWG get to you. It's much more fun around here when there's someone like him.

what do you mean the cts v is probably a 2:58 second car?either it is ,or is not.the time FORD got at VIR,is documented.

The problem is that Ford was the one that documented it and when other pro drivers tried it, they were over 5 seconds slower.

yes, I do make it more fun :)

But some people here don't want competing ideas. They would be happier if every car on the road was a GT500 I think. They are men after Henry Ford's own heart (except, I hope they don't hate Jews, that went out of style a while back except in Southpark)

JWG223 you have never even driven a GT500, so your opinions on its weak-points don't mean squat and you're wrong. You have no clue of how cool the GT500 is to drive. Hands down, it's the most fun, most enjoyable car I've ever driven. I drove Camaro SS for 500 miles; it was just so-so with ugly, crappy interior. I drove the Hertz Vette for 600+ miles. I basically think it sucks after a while, felt like I was driving a dune buggy and the ride and the interior are crappy. Also, it was a tight fit for my legs and became uncomfortable - sucked.

And as far as your harping about the 1-2 shift, it's my opinion that a lot these issues come from people beating on the car when brand new and not breaking them in correctly.

I owned a 1988 5.0, and the GT500 feels the same to me. When you get in, you are up high. Your seating position is "rigid" and the interior of the car is like a small room.

When you get into a 'vette, the interior wraps around you. It's like being in the cockpit of a fighter jet (been there, just didn't get to fly it, lol).

They are two different styles of vehicle and if you like the GT500, I doubt you would like the 'vette, and vice versa, regarding the "feel" of the interior lay-out.

I do agree with you on one point, though, and that is the GM dropped the ball on interior materials.

Take into account that most of the above is my perception, having been in both cars. I prefer the more "intimate" feel of the 'vette's interior. The BEST interior I was in was the 370Z, though. Not in materials, but in lay-out. I love cars that wrap around me, and not many manufacturers make a car that will wrap around a 180# 5'10 guy. Too many obese customers and they have to "please everyone". The 'vette's bargain-basement seats are a perfect example.

I guess I am a geek at heart for this, but the GT500 seating is like what being on the bridge of the Enterprise must feel like. The 'vette interior is what an X-wing fighter would feel like.

I know I know, geek-joke time, now.

I don't know about the 1-2 shift issues being caused by abuse, because who would own up to breaking their car via abuse? It's impossible to say, but many forum members here and on SVTP claim to have had the issue and broken the car in gently.

Car and Driver is the only one who has tested GT500 around Virginia International other than Ford. That same day the Gt500 was faster than the CTS-V coupe they tested also on that day. They said the Gt500 would have been quicker if it had better seats because the driver could not stay placed in the seat which limited him from getting a quicker time. The 2012 fixed the seat issue with the recaro seat option. So yes a Gt500 is faster than a CTS-V around a track. The CTS-v coupe is the lightest so it would be quicker around a track than the Sedan and the Gt500 on the same day posted quicker times. The lighting lap for the Sedan CTS-V was on a different day so you cannot compare the two times. Times can only be compared when done on the same day because condition can affect times as much as drivers. Only thing that can be said a 2011 Gt500 beat a CTS-V Coupe on the same day at Virginia International raceway according to Car and Driver.

Gt500 3.04.0

CTSV 3.04.2

I owned a 1988 5.0, and the GT500 feels the same to me. When you get in, you are up high. Your seating position is "rigid" and the interior of the car is like a small room.

When you get into a 'vette, the interior wraps around you. It's like being in the cockpit of a fighter jet (been there, just didn't get to fly it, lol).

They are two different styles of vehicle and if you like the GT500, I doubt you would like the 'vette, and vice versa, regarding the "feel" of the interior lay-out.

I do agree with you on one point, though, and that is the GM dropped the ball on interior materials.

Take into account that most of the above is my perception, having been in both cars. I prefer the more "intimate" feel of the 'vette's interior. The BEST interior I was in was the 370Z, though. Not in materials, but in lay-out. I love cars that wrap around me, and not many manufacturers make a car that will wrap around a 180# 5'10 guy. Too many obese customers and they have to "please everyone". The 'vette's bargain-basement seats are a perfect example.

I guess I am a geek at heart for this, but the GT500 seating is like what being on the bridge of the Enterprise must feel like. The 'vette interior is what an X-wing fighter would feel like.

I know I know, geek-joke time, now.

I don't know about the 1-2 shift issues being caused by abuse, because who would own up to breaking their car via abuse? It's impossible to say, but many forum members here and on SVTP claim to have had the issue and broken the car in gently.

I got a feeling there're plenty of guys who take their new GT500 and start power shifting and redline shifting with less than a few hundred miles on them. I've got 4500 mi. on my 2010 and more and more I run it right to the redline for the 1-2 with no problems at all. The car shifts great.

I don't find the interior large at all, but I'm 6-2, 225, so maybe that's why I didn’t like Vette. Also, there may be a big differences between Hertz HzH vs. a Z06 as far as ride quality and comfort. I've always like the vette especially the Z06, but after driving the Hertz, it changed my mind. I still want try one, though.

Car and Driver is the only one who has tested GT500 around Virginia International other than Ford. That same day the Gt500 was faster than the CTS-V coupe they tested also on that day. They said the Gt500 would have been quicker if it had better seats because the driver could not stay placed in the seat which limited him from getting a quicker time. The 2012 fixed the seat issue with the recaro seat option. So yes a Gt500 is faster than a CTS-V around a track. The CTS-v coupe is the lightest so it would be quicker around a track than the Sedan and the Gt500 on the same day posted quicker times. The lighting lap for the Sedan CTS-V was on a different day so you cannot compare the two times. Times can only be compared when done on the same day because condition can affect times as much as drivers. Only thing that can be said a 2011 Gt500 beat a CTS-V Coupe on the same day at Virginia International raceway according to Car and Driver.

Gt500 3.04.0

CTSV 3.04.2

Yes, it did beat the CTS-V, but that's a pretty narrow gap given the weight difference and the power difference. It is proving the point that the SRA has outlived its prime.

As a side note, they also complained that the GT500 had problems with the transmission grinding. They said nothing about that with the Caddy. It's become more of a Ford problem instead of a TR6060 problem, at this point it seems.

I got a feeling there're plenty of guys who take their new GT500 and start power shifting and redline shifting with less than a few hundred miles on them. I've got 4500 mi. on my 2010 and more and more I run it right to the redline for the 1-2 with no problems at all. The car shifts great.

I don't find the interior large at all, but I'm 6-2, 225, so maybe that's why I didn’t like Vette. Also, there may be a big differences between Hertz HzH vs. a Z06 as far as ride quality and comfort. I've always like the vette especially the Z06, but after driving the Hertz, it changed my mind. I still want try one, though.

6'2 and 5'10 are a pretty good difference, as is 45#. I don't think the 'vette would be cramped for you (you should see some of the people that drive them...) but you may perceive it as such. That is a mindset. To each their own, there. Kindof like personal space.

My friend has a 2008 C6 base model. Another friend had a C5 Z51, which by all accounts is similar to the C6 Z06 as far as "roughness" of ride as the C5 seems to find the bumps a bit harder. I found the Z51 about perfect, and the base C6 felt like a crown vic to me. Very floaty/soft suspension feel. I am sure it handled great, but it felt like a luxury car and I wanted something with a bit more feedback.

I am glad you like your GT500. If I had a special card that entitled me to a flawlessly shifting GT500 upon presentation, I might well have gone with a GT500. Ford's decision not to warranty these transmissions for grinding, as well as the amount of people I see complaining about it was the major factor in turning me to GM, who will replace nearly every component in the car to make it right, as long as it's not been modified.

I just think the GT500 makes a sickhouse muscle car, but a poor sports car, and in the end, I wanted a sports car. Owned "pony" cars my whole short 25 years of life. Wanted a change. Maybe if I had always owned 350Z's or 'Vette's or something, I would have gone over to the muscle-car crowd.

Im 6-4, 220lbs, 65 and have owned a Vette since 98,now a 2007 rag top.I love drivng both cars,but the Vettes seating is not nearly as comfortible--theres much less head room,and if im riding and wife is driving, my knees are up against/touching the dash. I can drive the Gt500 for hours,but the vette,to me at least, is a short,top-down kind of car . And i know for sure, on a tight turn at speed, the Gt500 has far less cowl shake than the vette, if i hit a crack in the road on a turn, the vette will actually hop sideways. But , both are nice cars, and the vette has a really cool paddle shift,and doesnt have any wheel hop on acceleration

Im 6-4, 220lbs, 65 and have owned a Vette since 98,now a 2007 rag top.I love drivng both cars,but the Vettes seating is not nearly as comfortible--theres much less head room,and if im riding and wife is driving, my knees are up against/touching the dash. I can drive the Gt500 for hours,but the vette,to me at least, is a short,top-down kind of car . And i know for sure, on a tight turn at speed, the Gt500 has far less cowl shake than the vette, if i hit a crack in the road on a turn, the vette will actually hop sideways. But , both are nice cars, and the vette has a really cool paddle shift,and doesnt have any wheel hop on acceleration

The 'vert corvette has a TON! of cowl shake. I was amazed by it when I saw it in action. If I were going to buy a 'vert, I would not buy a 'vette. The only way I was buying a 'vette was to get the fixed roof version.

I was shocked by how bad the cowl-shake was. It was like the car was made of laffy-taffy.

Just food for thought, the writers of this latest Lightining Lap comparison said if the Shelby had a better seat holding the driver in place, you could whack another second or two off the lap times... As far as the first video shows, it's hard to really know if that CTS-V was being pushed or not... I bet in the Nurberg Ring testing that car definitely had a Pro driving seat in it to set that lap time... Wish someone in Germany would track an 11 GT500 and post their times against the CTS-V...

:shift:

Just food for thought, the writers of this latest Lightining Lap comparison said if the Shelby had a better seat holding the driver in place, you could whack another second or two off the lap times... As far as the first video shows, it's hard to really know if that CTS-V was being pushed or not... I bet in the Nurberg Ring testing that car definitely had a Pro driving seat in it to set that lap time... Wish someone in Germany would track an 11 GT500 and post their times against the CTS-V...

:shift:

+1

The LL writers also said that the GT500's grinding transmission/shifter wasn't the most conducive to good lap times, either.

Archived