TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2011 Hetrz Shelby

philip 87

• 4 weeks later...

I have heard its a 2012 but it will be a V6 version, keep the HP in check for rental purposes and create a new Shelby legacy, too much HP in the 5.0 with liability and such, different colors would also be unique I think .... if it happens

Can't you rent a 2011 mustang GT with 412 ponies?

• 2 weeks later...

What's there to know?? Ford and Shelby have been lying for years, remember 2006, GT500, 2 year/maybe 3 year production car b.s. and on and on and on, they lie, we believe, and we buy...............simple, if they don't and keep making these cars, Shelby America goes under!! yes, values of all our cars are going down the tube. Cheers!!

I really don't see any deception as far as Ford, Shelby or Hertz is concerned. The last time I looked, both Ford and Hertz are in business for one thing, and one thing only - to make a profit and keep the shareholders happy. If models are successful, then everything changes from initial expectations. Why limit production when there is a demand for your product as that would be bad business and rather foolish. Corporate America answers to the shareholders, not car collectors. Limited editions and one-off models are manufactured to create market buzz and get customers in the showroom. This is not unlike Ford's racing program - what wins on Sunday - sells on Monday.

I say keep the limited edition Mustangs coming. It's a very wise business decision indeed.

I really don't see any deception as far as Ford, Shelby or Hertz is concerned. The last time I looked, both Ford and Hertz are in business for one thing, and one thing only - to make a profit and keep the shareholders happy. If models are successful, then everything changes from initial expectations. Why limit production when there is a demand for your product as that would be bad business and rather foolish. Corporate America answers to the shareholders, not car collectors. Limited editions and one-off models are manufactured to create market buzz and get customers in the showroom. This is not unlike Ford's racing program - what wins on Sunday - sells on Monday.

I say keep the limited edition Mustangs coming. It's a very wise business decision indeed.

100% agree, if it works do it. Larry

Archived