TEAM SHELBY FORUM

End of the line?

sudden

Cough...Cough....(clears throat). I happen to like the rear! :) At first I didnt. I had an 07 GT/ Roush before my 2010, but I fell in love with the Grabber Blue with White Stripes. The added features and comforts of the interior far surpass my 07 and the rear end looks great to me now. The GTs rear does not, but theres something about the GT500 spoiler that makes it look better.

Brainwashed? Hardly. 2 each his own i guess....I myself try not to make it a habit out of making fun/downgrading someone elses choice in body style/MY, just because I dont like it personally.

Sorry............Not trying to !@#$ on anyones parade but it is what it is...................

And don't feel bad...............Cause if you did not design it then it's not your fault.................. :hysterical:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't fret all you rear end haters. The aftermarket is very wise and very estute!!! Oh, they listen...........................believe me!

Soon, very soon, I can promise you there will be a GT350-esqe rear tail treatment that will calm some of your nightmares. Saleen has done a fairly good job at his, and history shows that his parts become available to the mass market like DVD's to the movie industry!! Not to mention......................reading between the lines at SAI..."We want to do MORE parts, and fewer complete cars."

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm??? :headscratch:

Don't fret all you rear end haters. The aftermarket is very wise and very estute!!! Oh, they listen...........................believe me!

Soon, very soon, I can promise you there will be a GT350-esqe rear tail treatment that will calm some of your nightmares. Saleen has done a fairly good job at his, and history shows that his parts become available to the mass market like DVD's to the movie industry!! Not to mention......................reading between the lines at SAI..."We want to do MORE parts, and fewer complete cars."

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm??? :headscratch:

You are correct.........However do not get the "Saleen" and "SMS" confused..........

Steve Saleen fixed the rear on the "SMS".............. :salute:

The only people clutching to the rear end BS are the desperate owners of the 2007-2009 cars. The new car looks better than theirs and is a better performer so they don't like that. They are showing their insecurity. The Mustang sales continue to be strong so clearly the majority of buyers love the look of the current car. Trying to put down the current mustang does nothing. It will not convince buyers to prefer the older, inferior looking and performing 2007-2009 model. There are 2 mustangs right across the street from me. One a 2008 and one a 2010 and the difference is night and day. The older one looks dated and boxy compared to the curvy newer one. That time for that older model has passed. Time to accept it.

The only people clutching to the rear end BS are the desperate owners of the 2007-2009 cars. The new car looks better than theirs and is a better performer so they don't like that. They are showing their insecurity. The Mustang sales continue to be strong so clearly the majority of buyers love the look of the current car. Trying to put down the current mustang does nothing. It will not convince buyers to prefer the older, inferior looking and performing 2007-2009 model. There are 2 mustangs right across the street from me. One a 2008 and one a 2010 and the difference is night and day. The older one looks dated and boxy compared to the curvy newer one. That time for that older model has passed. Time to accept it.

Now a days Ford changes the exterior of the mustangs every 4 years or less.

So in the near future anyone that LIKES the "round butt mustang" will be saddenend by the next generation mustang.

You can put us SGT owners down, but even the "round butt" cars will become yesterdays news.

Every car has room for improvement, interior or exterior. Sometimes both.

I read somewhere on here that " there will always be a bigger and better car as time goes on".

Sorry............Not trying to !@#$ on anyones parade but it is what it is...................

And don't feel bad...............Cause if you did not design it then it's not your fault.................. :hysterical:

Wow...good one. :lurk: It is what it is...is a very true statement. I have owned both body styles, so I have a very good perspective on both. In my opinion the 10+ body styling, suspension, interior, and overall performance is like night and day compared to the 07-09...there is no debate here, just the natural progression of how things tend to go in the automotive world. More power, better performance, change in exterior styling, etc.

From a fellow Shelby owner I would expect a little more maturity and respect for a fellow enthusiast. Your opinion is your opinion, but the way you voice your opinion as fact and some of your blatant comments set me back a little. I'm pretty sure if I ran into you at a car show, drag strip, road coarse, you would be a little more respectful as I would show you the same courtesy. BUT this is the internet, where one can say what they want behind a keyboard and disregard better judgment.

And for the record, I happed to really like the styling of the 07-09.....and respect all mustang enthusiasts, setting my personal opinions aside. Stating an opinion is fine, deliberately stirring the pot with rude comments to a fellow Shelby enthusiast is another.

On a lighter note: You dont see your color option too much (Red with Black)...I like it. Would you happen to have any pics you could post?

what up revenge its ur best friend here, so what do u drive?

i bet u drive a cab and thats y u hate alll the time hahahahaha or maybe the giants choked and taking it out on 07-09 owners hahah

on a serious note, not all 07-09 owners are insecure and desperate as you stated above.

i bet u drive a cab and thats y u hate alll the time hahahahaha or maybe the giants choked and taking it out on 07-09 owners hahah

on a serious note, not all 07-09 owners are insecure and desperate as you stated above.

As you should'nt be. One of my long time best friends has a 2007 GT500 White/blue stripes and I have a blast riding in his car a few times a month. We also have another 12 or so 07-09 GT500s and one 07 Supersnake in my local car group, that I have the pleasure of being around most weekends. The differences between the model years are definitely noticeable, but the main difference other than the exterior is the 07-09's feel more "raw". You hear the blower a little more, feel the road a little more, car feels just a tad more unstable.... its less refined and thats part of why I love it. I absolutely love the way his feels as well as the way mine feels.....2 very different cars, both having their unique characteristics I love.

Its like asking a kid which piece of fudge he likes better...the Chocolate or smores Chocolate. Both are delicious, but they taste just a little different.

As you should'nt be. One of my long time best friends has a 2007 GT500 White/blue stripes and I have a blast riding in his car a few times a month. We also have another 12 or so 07-09 GT500s and one 07 Supersnake in my local car group, that I have the pleasure of being around most weekends. The differences between the model years are definitely noticeable, but the main difference other than the exterior is the 07-09's feel more "raw". You hear the blower a little more, feel the road a little more, car feels just a tad more unstable.... its less refined and thats part of why I love it. I absolutely love the way his feels as well as the way mine feels.....2 very different cars, both having their unique characteristics I love.

Its like asking a kid which piece of fudge he likes better...the Chocolate or smores Chocolate. Both are delicious, but they taste just a little different.

You know, I like the look of the '10's except for the hood vent. I've always thought I would like to get an '11 with the Aluminum block and mod the hell out of it. The one thing I would do though is paint the vent the same colour as the hood. I guess I could just get a black car........

Don

You know, I like the look of the '10's except for the hood vent. I've always thought I would like to get an '11 with the Aluminum block and mod the hell out of it. The one thing I would do though is paint the vent the same colour as the hood. I guess I could just get a black car........

Don

Black '11 or you could go aftermarket hood? Supersnake?

Black '11 or you could go aftermarket hood? Supersnake?

I have one..... LOL! When you SS your car it kind of limits what you can do to it if you want to keep it original. That's why I have thought about getting another one that I can mod the hell out of without worrying about the whole, "keeping it original thing". I'm likely delusional about whether that matters anyways. I do like the way the '10/'11 SS's look though. After my lottery win...I'l set up one with Griggs suspension and cooling mods and another that's set up to run drags. Of course they will be parked beside the Porsche Turbo and GT3 and maybe a Ford GT but they're hard to get in and out of........

Don

Guys, guys, guys........easy!

C'mon now, we are all in this together, as Shelby 10' has indicated. There's really no reason for all the hating here. Dave, you and I have gone on record stating we don't care for the late tail-end...you a little more 'harsher', but they are still Mustangs and still Shelby modified. We all love our cars for different reasons...show, drag, track, or just cruisin'. We all have the ability to trade up or down for either model, so personal preference is what makes the world go round. I'm quite certain for all of us retro-infused enthusiasts, that the 2014 re-do will disappoint alot of us, as they will most likely go a whole different direction again! At that time, each and everyone of us will have to decide if the older looks are a stronger motivation for hanging on to our cars, than the newer most likely faster models. Who knows, they may even do an IRS set-up...that alone would fire up alot of guys on this forum, to be sure! I for one, am VERY happy with my retro flashback GT500, and still feel the way I did the day I placed the order...........Lucky to have a chance to own a piece of Shelby history!! :salute:

Wow...good one. :lurk: It is what it is...is a very true statement. I have owned both body styles, so I have a very good perspective on both. In my opinion the 10+ body styling, suspension, interior, and overall performance is like night and day compared to the 07-09...there is no debate here, just the natural progression of how things tend to go in the automotive world. More power, better performance, change in exterior styling, etc.

From a fellow Shelby owner I would expect a little more maturity and respect for a fellow enthusiast. Your opinion is your opinion, but the way you voice your opinion as fact and some of your blatant comments set me back a little. I'm pretty sure if I ran into you at a car show, drag strip, road coarse, you would be a little more respectful as I would show you the same courtesy. BUT this is the internet, where one can say what they want behind a keyboard and disregard better judgment.

And for the record, I happed to really like the styling of the 07-09.....and respect all mustang enthusiasts, setting my personal opinions aside. Stating an opinion is fine, deliberately stirring the pot with rude comments to a fellow Shelby enthusiast is another.

On a lighter note: You dont see your color option too much (Red with Black)...I like it. Would you happen to have any pics you could post?

Well now I believe you have "set me back a little"............If we get a chance to meet you may think I am one of

the most respectful guys you have met..........This being stated however you are correct about my Strong Opinions

Blatent Comments and Maturity being short for my age................

But that's what these Forums are For !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hysterical:

And if I can figure out how to post Cool Shelby pics on this site then you got it my friend.................... :salute:

Sounds like 1970 all over again in a bad way. I hope they still continue to offer the 500 alongside the Boss or any other SE Mustang. I didn't like the 2010 Mustang rear end at first but it has grown on me. I have come to love it. There are several improvements to my 2011 Pony that I wish I had on my 2008 SGT. I like having one of each style. The 2011 steering wheel just feels better in the hands. 6 speed auto is nice too.

Well now I believe you have "set me back a little"............If we get a chance to meet you may think I am one of

the most respectful guys you have met..........This being stated however you are correct about my Strong Opinions

Blatent Comments and Maturity being short for my age................

But that's what these Forums are For !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hysterical:

And if I can figure out how to post Cool Shelby pics on this site then you got it my friend.................... :salute:

I hear ya on that.....no worries.

As far as the picture..... I use Flikr to host my pictures www.flikr.com Photobucket www.photobucket.com is also another popular site to host photos. I like Flikr because it keeps the pictures at a High Resolution...and they down right look better.

Once the pictures are uploaded to the host site, you just grab the URL link from the photo.....click the insert image button next to the smiley face button and hyperlink button and insert the URL link....walla picture is posted.

Clear as mud? If there is an easier way I am sure someone will chime in.

I hate all the time? Why? Because I speak up when people feel the need to put down the cars of others to make themselves feel better? Since I don't own either model I am totally neutral. I thought the 07-09 were the best looking models ever...then I saw the 10....

The Giants ruined the Patriots perfect season forever! They will always have a special place in my heart for that.

I hate all the time? Why? Because I speak up when people feel the need to put down the cars of others to make themselves feel better? Since I don't own either model I am totally neutral. I thought the 07-09 were the best looking models ever...then I saw the 10....

The Giants ruined the Patriots perfect season forever! They will always have a special place in my heart for that.

I don't own a Honduh or any other Forein !@#$ cars for that matter so that makes me "neutral"????????? :hysterical:

However we do agree that the Patriots Perfect Season Spoilers was Classic................. :happy feet:

I hear ya on that.....no worries.

As far as the picture..... I use Flikr to host my pictures www.flikr.com Photobucket www.photobucket.com is also another popular site to host photos. I like Flikr because it keeps the pictures at a High Resolution...and they down right look better.

Once the pictures are uploaded to the host site, you just grab the URL link from the photo.....click the insert image button next to the smiley face button and hyperlink button and insert the URL link....walla picture is posted.

Clear as mud? If there is an easier way I am sure someone will chime in.

Thanks............The picture on your sig looks awesome..............You chose the perfect angle.............. :salute:

[quote name='REVENGE' timestamp='1294189575' post='1088448'

i concur, that was some good stuff. i won big money on the money line, ooooo yeahhhh :-)

as for the 07-09 to 10+, all g, i ain't worry about any 10+'s that are quoted "nite and day" compare to 07-09's.

so wat shelby u got in the garage?

i concur, that was some good stuff. i won big money on the money line, ooooo yeahhhh :-)

as for the 07-09 to 10+, all g, i ain't worry about any 10+'s that are quoted "nite and day" compare to 07-09's.

so wat shelby u got in the garage?

No one is asking you to worry about them. But there is absolutely a "night and day" difference in almost every way. Have you driven a 2011? The differences may not be enough to send you running to the dealership.....But they are definitely there and stock for stock the 2011 is a unanimously better performing car.

No one is asking you to worry about them. But there is absolutely a "night and day" difference in almost every way. Have you driven a 2011? The differences may not be enough to send you running to the dealership.....But they are definitely there and stock for stock the 2011 is a unanimously better performing car.

u used 2 analogies . . . i don't agree with the analogy "nite and day", however, i do agree "stock for stock the 2011 is a unanimously better performing car. if the 11 has griggs and kb, then its nite and day. yes i have driven an 11

u used 2 analogies . . . i don't agree with the analogy "nite and day", however, i do agree "stock for stock the 2011 is a unanimously better performing car. if the 11 has griggs and kb, then its nite and day. yes i have driven an 11

Gotcha....thought we were speaking Stock Vs Stock. Modded vs stock would never be a fair comparison.

Fun stuff....reminds me of those who like/dislike the early 70's models. I happen to like them....not better than the original, not worse, just a mark in time and representative of the body style evolution. An acquaintance recently showed me his 1973 convertible that he's restoring. Many wouldn't drool over a 1973 convertible, but I guarantee that it would turn heads when restored and I know I would have a big grin to be able to drive a piece of history.

40 years from now I doubt you'll see many/any current year Shelby's on the road....hell, maybe not even a gas powered car for that matter. When you do, no one is going to be debating the car's butt, rather those that couldn't obtain one back in the day will appreciate the care and love that someone put into either maintaining or restoring it. :shift:

Carry on :salute:

• 5 weeks later...

And "Sticker for Sticker" you can see why the 11's had better be a " better performing car". :finger:

Spend the difference in price on mods for the 07-09's and everything evens out again. :slapfight:

And "Sticker for Sticker" you can see why the 11's had better be a " better performing car". :finger:

Spend the difference in price on mods for the 07-09's and everything evens out again. :slapfight:

Thats like asking for car lengths at the track.... (because you have a better performing car and/or stickier tires, Im going to need.....)

Remember the civic on pinks asking for 30 lengths? :)

Its all in good fun...I like the 07-09 almost purchased one. The interior, nav, wheels, body change for 2010 just got me at the dealership

Thats like asking for car lengths at the track.... (because you have a better performing car and/or stickier tires, Im going to need.....)

Remember the civic on pinks asking for 30 lengths? :)

Its all in good fun...I like the 07-09 almost purchased one. The interior, nav, wheels, body change for 2010 just got me at the dealership

At the risk of stirring the pot here... I agree that the 11's perform better off the showroom floor.

All I am stating is that you paid extra for those upgrades/performance. So no, I am not asking for extra lengths, just pointing out the facts.

I also had the choice of which body style to purchase when I bought in late 2009 and went with the 09 as i like the retro stlying better.

In my opinion, the new back end makes the car look like an import.

Bottom line, buy what you like and drive it like you stole it....... :shift:

Archived