TEAM SHELBY FORUM

BMC Custom Black Mamba Hood

alaska

MPH

LOL....well that has officially dropped off my worry list then...no plans on going that fast. I'd also point out that in some ways we are comparing apples and oranges. There are a lot of other factors that can come into play with these cars. In researching this hood/stall issue it sounds like it is not simply the hood that was changed, but also superchargers and other mods in play as well that can be interacting with the ram scoop and even then we are still talking about a different hood design than this one and so far I am seeing it on pre-2010 Shelbys. My advice is folks should experiment for themselves and see what works and what doesn't. I have found over the years that just because someone says something will or won't work doesn't always mean it's so. Just my two cents worth.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey BMC Hood owners. Can you tell me how the fresh air supply outlet interacts with the factory fresh air intake box. I have a 2012. Just looking at pictures of it on their web site and the orientation of the square outlet under the hood and it just does not look like its in harmony with the factory air box. It looks like it sits further back and not over the element. Would greatly appreciate any input. They have an additional 5% through the end of Oct. so want to order it to save some $$. Thanks all!

Hey BMC Hood owners. Can you tell me how the fresh air supply outlet interacts with the factory fresh air intake box. I have a 2012. Just looking at pictures of it on their web site and the orientation of the square outlet under the hood and it just does not look like its in harmony with the factory air box. It looks like it sits further back and not over the element. Would greatly appreciate any input. They have an additional 5% through the end of Oct. so want to order it to save some $$. Thanks all!

The ones I've seen orient properly within the intake collar. It's all supplemental air anyway to the main airflow from the grille.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

I know this is an old thread but I want to verify that you guys running the Black Mamba hoods are having no issues with the MAF sensor or with stalling. Im planning on adding one of these to my 2012 Shelby GT500. Would you guys also say now that after some time has passed, you still feel the quality of the hood is top notch? I would go with the Shelby SS hood, I just cant justify the extra cost, and I have heard the hoods require tons of prep work compared the the Black Mamba. Help please!

Archived