TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What's the best gaming console

What's the best console, and best games - action, driving, flying & kids?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. What's the best gaming console and why?

For 7 & 9 year olds, the Wii is the best choice. The X360 and Playstation are more for older kids and adults. Check out the games and you will see more games for young kids on the Wii. My personal favorite is the X360 and the new Kinect controller-less system looks interesting. I am getting that for my 11 and 14 year olds this Christmas.

my kids are 6/9/10 and all like the wii, but want the kinects/xbox for xmas... we got the wii because it was the only one that required movement to play, even though it's not a lot of movement... the wii is neat, but I would opt for the 360 now that it has the kinect system as long as there are enough age appropriate games for them.

PLAYSTATION 3 HANDS DOWN!!

Let see, Playstation 3 = Internet, Facebook App, You tube App, Blu Ray Player, DVD Player, CD player, Flash Drive or Hard Drive ports for Pictures, Music, and Videos, Great Games for you (Gran Turismo 5 and Grid).

Majority of the games do target older audience 16+ but there are great games for kids as well like Little Big Planet, Mod Racer Nation, etc.

Playstation 3 also have "Move". The same technology they have for nintendo Wii but better with various games for kids and adults. You can see a list of games for kids with PS3 Move here:

http://www.parenting.com/gear-gallery/Gear/9-Best-Playstation-3-Videogames-For-Your-Kids/1/

In my opinion the Wii system is the best choice for boys 12 and under and the X-Box 360 is more suitable for Teenagers. I do recall when my Son was in his early teenage years he loved PS2 but then when he was about 15 he had to have the X-Box 360 especially for the Racing games and he used to make his own cool cars, takes after his Mother...... :banvictory: I want to try "Need for Speed Hot Pursuit"...... :play: ooops not like that though..... :hysterical2: more like this...... :peelout: :burnout: :happy feet:

Based on their age, I would say Wii... It has some cool games that are a bit cheaper than PS3/XBOX games.

I had a PS3 last year with Need for Speed.. it was simply awesome, especially with the GT500. I, unfortunately, sold it to a friend because I got bored with it. :doh:

I'm seeing commercials now for Gran Tourismo 5... OMFG.. :dreamy::drool: It looks awesome, and is tempting me to get a PS3..

If you get the PS3, you'll be able to play it.. The Wii might be a bit to 'babyish' if you ever feel the need to play.

I just got a PS3 today and I have already came into some issues regarding it.

You need a master email account for the playstation network, setup process for setting up the system itself and for online is also a pain in the butt, doesn't come with a headset to talk online, what to decide if you want to play online using an internet cable or wireless, you always have to update it, update load time is a drag, and on top of that, I tried to play Gran Turismo 4 today (I'm getting Gran Turismo 5 soon) which is a PS2 game and the guys said that you can play PS2 games on a PS3, and it won't play them. I am going to be getting rid of the PS2 soon and feel like I have all these PS2 games and it will feel useless to have them all there if I can't play them. What a rip off! And the PS2 can play Playstation 1 games and to say the PS3 can't do that, it's stupid, so it's the Xbox 360 for me.

Well I just got it, so I may give it a chance, but we will just have to wait and see about that.

In my opinion the Wii system is the best choice for boys 12 and under and the X-Box 360 is more suitable for Teenagers. I do recall when my Son was in his early teenage years he loved PS2 but then when he was about 15 he had to have the X-Box 360 especially for the Racing games and he used to make his own cool cars, takes after his Mother...... :banvictory: I want to try "Need for Speed Hot Pursuit"...... :play: ooops not like that though..... :hysterical2: more like this...... :peelout: :burnout: :happy feet:

Lori, I have the game for the Xbox and it is phenominal! I highly recommend it. My brother doesn't like cars, but played it and says that it's such an awesome game, even people who don't really like cars or racing games will play it. It's so cool to play. I already unlocked the GT500 and the Super Snake both in racer and police car form. :happy feet:

I too went to Xbox when I was 13 because I wanted to race cars like Ferraris and other exotics that the PS2 games didn't offer.

We should also have the Nintendo 64 on the list, no doubt about it! I still have mine from a long time ago. :rockon:

Archived