TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How did you save the money to get your SGT/SC upgrade?

08SGT/SC

Did the install myself (savings of over $7,000) and unlike others I have yet to have any issues, over 11K miles now. Understand my car is not is the reg as SC's however I can live without the headaces others have had and save 7K at the sametime. At the end of the day I just get a lot of satisfaction of doing it myslef and knowing I did it right the 1st time.

For those that cannot do it themselves I fully understand having the install complete elsewhere. Kind of like plumbing in the house. I start with one leak and end up with 6 leaks (no joke guys). Therfore I call the plumer for house plumbing.

O'h and I taught electronics / avionics at a tech school to make the 6K I needed for the whipple.

For sure I will sure dont regret the SC install. Man as you know it is a ball to drive.

Take Care Guys,

-Billy

Ah, I see that I posted (#22) here in Nov. of 2010....well....nothing has changed!!!

In reality, though, its a matter of priorities. Family first!!

Did the install myself (savings of over $7,000) and unlike others I have yet to have any issues, over 11K miles now. Understand my car is not is the reg as SC's however I can live without the headaces others have had and save 7K at the sametime. At the end of the day I just get a lot of satisfaction of doing it myslef and knowing I did it right the 1st time.

For those that cannot do it themselves I fully understand having the install complete elsewhere. Kind of like plumbing in the house. I start with one leak and end up with 6 leaks (no joke guys). Therfore I call the plumer for house plumbing.

O'h and I taught electronics / avionics at a tech school to make the 6K I needed for the whipple.

For sure I will sure dont regret the SC install. Man as you know it is a ball to drive.

Take Care Guys,

-Billy

If you did this yourself that is awesome. Congrat's!!

However it is not a true GT/SC. That designation is reserved for those who had Shelby American perform the GT/SC upgrade. Those who did have SA install it wanted the pedigre to follow the car and have documented history of Shelby American doing it.

some good stories for sure! I'm working on saving for mine right now. Fortunately i have a job that I can save some extra money. I'm waiting on my quote from Tasca and I'm expecting it to be around $15,000 total. I should have all the money together by summer. I am so excited and I can't wait.

some good stories for sure! I'm working on saving for mine right now. Fortunately i have a job that I can save some extra money. I'm waiting on my quote from Tasca and I'm expecting it to be around $15,000 total. I should have all the money together by summer. I am so excited and I can't wait.

For $15k you will be able to do a lot more than just the Supercharger, you will not regret it!!!!!!!!!!!!

If the official GT/SC designation is important to you, then save, save, save! If that's not important, then save a lot cash and do it yourself - I highly recommend the Edelbrock E-Force kit! (So easy a caveman can do it!)

Sam

One of these days :spend:

Archived