TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Times Seem To Be Getting Rougher...

Got laid off on September 15 2010.

Two weeks before the 2011 Grabber Blue w/SVT PP and nav package I ordered was to be built. I would have taken delivery next week.

Now I'm living off the funds that were earmarked for the car.

Took forever for the dealer to get the allocation.

I don't feel sad per se, I came this close to getting the car, just have to wait and work harder now. Someday I will get a Shelby GT500.

Once the dealer takes delivery, my wife jokes that I should go visit the car sitting in the showroom even though I cannot buy it now. At some point I'm sure that someone will buy it from the dealer, just not me, not right now.

I'm down, but I'm not out. And I will continue to enjoy reading on these forums about others that have purchased their Shelby cars, and hope that someday I can count myself among them.

Will be interesting to see now if I can save up enough funds to be ready in time before they stop making GT500's!

-Pockdog

OMG Pockdog.........I feel terrible for you! Seriously. Knowing the feeling of owning one of these cars, I genuinely feel for you. Hopefully you are alreday driving something sweet? A Mustang maybe? This is precisely why I posted this thread. Hang in there man...it will get better, and the $$$ will be cheaper when you are ready to buy!

:salute: BIKEBOY

Archived