TEAM SHELBY FORUM

A NICE WELCOME HOME...

On August 11, George and Laura Bush showed up unexpectedly at the DFW USO to welcome home our returning troops. What a pleasant surprise for all those walking off the airplane and especially the relatives and friends who were waiting in the terminal. It's not often your former boss stops by to say thanks.

Here's some pictures:

http://s858.photobuc...%20and%20Laura/

Video added: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNt4J8l5ft4&feature=search

John

On August 11, George and Laura Bush showed up unexpectedly at the DFW USO to welcome home our returning troops. What a pleasant surprise for all those walking off the airplane and especially the relatives and friends who were waiting in the terminal. It's not often your former boss stops by to say thanks.

Here's some pictures:

John

I'm shocked they showed up nice of them. Now if only ex -gov Pataki would stop into a pct station and say instead hanging with a bunch of illegals. When these soldiers come home they should be treated like kings and queens.

Here's some pictures:

John

I saw this on CNN. I will stay non-political here.........

No matter what anyone thinks of "W"...that was a CLASS act! IMHO, he did that from the heart, and not for the photo op. Mr. President I :salute: You!!! And to all of our brave men and women that keep that "wall" protected.....again, I :salute: all of you too!!! I go to bed every night all knowing that at my age, I missed all of our military conflicts, and all knowing that we are safe for all that these brave folks do. Next time you are in the airport, or in the store somewhere, and you see one of our finest in uniform, won't you please shake their hand and thank them, like "W" did ? I ALWAYS do this.

BIKEBOY

I saw this on CNN. I will stay non-political here.........

No matter what anyone thinks of "W"...that was a CLASS act! IMHO, he did that from the heart, and not for the photo op. Mr. President I :salute: You!!! And to all of our brave men and women that keep that "wall" protected.....again, I :salute: all of you too!!! I go to bed every night all knowing that at my age, I missed all of our military conflicts, and all knowing that we are safe for all that these brave folks do. Next time you are in the airport, or in the store somewhere, and you see one of our finest in uniform, won't you please shake their hand and thank them, like "W" did ? I ALWAYS do this.

BIKEBOY

Perfect post.

I :salute: President and Mrs. Bush. I also :salute: the wonderful men and women serving our countries armed forces.

Perfect post.

I :salute: President and Mrs. Bush. I also :salute: the wonderful men and women serving our countries armed forces.

+1000...Thank you to our former President and his wife for all of their support for the courageous men and woman serving this great nation. :salute::salute::salute:

Thanks for adding the vid John. I still have chills from watching our troops come home.

+1

Looks like many of the veterans greeting the returning troops are from the Vietnam and/or Korean era... making sure the new veterans get the well deserved WELCOME HOME they never received back then. I salute and thank them all.salute.gif

Thanks for adding the vid John. I still have chills from watching our troops come home.

Me too! You'd think being in the San Diego area where we have ships and air squadrons returning all the time and the Marines returning to Camp Pendleton, that we'd become desensitized to the troop movements. But it's just the opposite...each and every one is more important than the last.

Thanks to them all! :salute:

• 2 months later...

Archived