TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shifter Problem (hard shifting)

1BADGT500

No I didn't think of checking the fluid level since it is not leaking but it's worth a shot thanks.

Do you have this issue when it's warmed up and has been running for a little bit? I noticed that getting into first when it was not warm yet sometimes was a little harder than other gears but only from a downshifting standpoint, not ever from a stand still, but once it is warmed up nothing was ever a problem.

edit - never mind I just read the rest og the thread. I would say this sounds like one to have looked at by someone that knows more about it. The syncro plate idea sounds possible to me but I would definately want someone that knows these things looking into it.

Mine was built in June, do all early GT500's have the bad rivets or whatever? My clutch has never had any chatter and transmission shifts good. I was told by a reputable source that extra care was given to the early cars.

Not all the early production cars had this issue ... only some. And as with std pressure plates ... where u have rivets holding the straps .... in the shelby theyre not rivets but stud with nuts at the end.

What was going on is that the parts made in america where shipped and assembled in mexico and than shipped back.

Some quality control issues devopled in some of the Shelbys ie from some of the nuts on the studs working loose and than creating lots of havoc

Also ... quality control was always number one .. and as soon as ford realized this was going on they put a stop to it .. havent heard any more issues since the fall

dond

Archived