TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Team Shelby Members Weekend '10

Shelby CS8

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice Jason! I see one for the GT's/Hertz, and one for the GT500 bunch....but what about Terlinguas? :happy feet: Which class do they fit in? lol....thanks

Leann,

Because we only had a budget to do 10 trophy's, we grouped the rare cars into "Shelby Special Interest". But Im glad everyone likes them! Please make sure to arrive on time and have your cars ready to Judging at 11am!

Leann,

Because we only had a budget to do 10 trophy's, we grouped the rare cars into "Shelby Special Interest". But Im glad everyone likes them! Please make sure to arrive on time and have your cars ready to Judging at 11am!

LOL .... I was just kidding you Jason.... I know there are not enough Terlingua's here in SoCal to have our own group.... unless there is going to be a mass migration of bunnies for this event :happy feet: :happy feet: See you all in a few hours.....I look forward to a great day and weekend!!

You folks are going to have a FANTASTIC time this weekend. Jason and team put on a great event. Wish I could join in but I'm still up to my neck in quality audits at work.

Post lots of pics for me to :drool: over.

A big thanks to Jason and his crew at 281 Motorsports for putting on a fantastic Team Shelby SoCal event.... I had a great time! :happy feet:

I now have a lot of new TS friends and saw all of my old SoCal TS buddies.... love you all... :salute:

Thanks also go out to Alex (vapor08GT500) for the instructions in driving the high banked Fontana raceway track, and to Tom (Fontech) for helping me tape up the Terlingua for the track....what a blast!! :happy feet: :happy feet:

Lastly, I want to thank all of you TS people for your positive comments about the "Grey Bunny" ....winning the Carroll Shelby Foundation trophy was just a shock to me after seeing all of your truely fantastic cars at the show on Friday....I have the "20 pound marble and silver loving cup" proudly on display for all to see in the front hall of my home...thank you, thank you, thank you

A big thanks to Jason and his crew at 281 Motorsports for putting on a fantastic Team Shelby SoCal event.... I had a great time! :happy feet:

I now have a lot of new TS friends and saw all of my old SoCal TS buddies.... love you all... :salute:

Thanks also go out to Alex (vapor08GT500) for the instructions in driving the high banked Fontana raceway track, and to Tom (Fontech) for helping me tape up the Terlingua for the track....what a blast!! :happy feet: :happy feet:

Lastly, I want to thank all of you TS people for your positive comments about the "Grey Bunny" ....winning the Carroll Shelby Foundation trophy was just a shock to me after seeing all of your truely fantastic cars at the show on Friday....I have the "20 pound marble and silver loving cup" proudly on display for all to see in the front hall of my home...thank you, thank you, thank you

Congrats Leann. Your bunny is well deserving.

For those who couldn't make it what a great event! Well planned out, perfect participants, good food, and fantastic sponsors. I'm hopeful I can make it again next year.

A big thanks you to all involved in making this happen. I look forward to more photo's. (We need more head shots of Alex! And Allan needs another drink! :hysterical: )

All the best...

Rick

Hey Everyone,

Thanks for all the compliements, they mean everything to me! 3rd year in a row and a near perfect event! We've already started the planning for next years event! I have set up a forum on my site that can host as many pictures as you can throw at it. If you could post copies of everything you have there, I would GREATLY appreciate it! Here is the link; http://www.281motorsports.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=66&sid=083610891b1c9740d766bc9f0aad0694

Dan's Top Speed with the GPS

2010TSMW_096.jpg

Co-Pilots

2010TSMW_086.jpg

2010TSMW_099.jpg

Drivers In Action

2010TSMW_091.jpg

2010TSMW_075.jpg

Other members on the track

Don's Limer

2010TSMW_060.jpg

Paul's Shelby

2010TSMW_058.jpg

Tom

Sweet pics Tom, glad to see you got one of the gauge pod under boost. Who says you can't have fun in an automatic... :happy feet: :peelout:

I should have kept your GPS for my last run. I improved my over all time and the speedo hit 140 twice. For those who didn't know, I had my 15 yr old daughter with me for that run and she had a blast!!!

Jason,

OUTSTANDING WEEKEND !!!

You and your crew really pulled this one off. We had a great time and Sunday's events really capped off a superb weekend. Thanks a million for taking the time to plan this event. Laura and I got a chance to see some old friends and make some new ones. That is what Team Shelby is all about, FUN!!!

Here's a link to my pics and some of my favorites, the track photographer and the Team Shelby Official Photographer (Tom) took some great action shots

I'm glad I took your advice and got the cd of the photos. They are killer!!!!

Team Shelby Members Weekend 2010

Leading the pack in...

Aug-15-2010-SpeedVentures3-Blue930amCP4_9257.jpg

End of the first session.

Aug-15-2010-SpeedVentures3-Blue930amCP4_9258.jpg

Finish Line

Aug-15-2010-SpeedVentures3-Blue930amCP4_8805.jpg

Angle shot

Aug-15-2010-SpeedVentures3-Blue930amCP4_9070.jpg

Great pics guys, thanks for sharing. Jason and his team put on a top quality event and I'm really bummed I missed out this year.

138 mph :drool: man o man did you get your Shelby moving Dan. How did she feel at those speeds?

Great pics guys, thanks for sharing. Jason and his team put on a top quality event and I'm really bummed I missed out this year.

138 mph :drool: man o man did you get your Shelby moving Dan. How did she feel at those speeds?

It felt great Dan, Tom was riding with me when I had the GPS for that session. If I plan on doing many more track events, I really need to upgrade the brakes and figure out a way to cool down the tranny. Drag racing there are no issues. It was also fun passing a Ferrari on the straight away!!! It is 3 cars behind me on the 1st pic, passed the vette that was behind it too.

I took my car to the dealer yesterday for a check engine light that came on going to Crevier friday, turns out they had to replace the MAF. The shop foreman Curt, who I invited to the weekend festivities said a overheated transmission code also appeared. I had the OD off and was manually shifting between 3rd & 4th and I could feel some heat coming up by the shifter rolling into the pits.

Archived