TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Update on Taconic Pkwy Crash

I don't if you followed the story of the accident involving the drunk Mom and driving the wrong on the PKWY hitting a car headed and killing everyone except a 5yr old boy. This why, I love NY state this parkway has some nice turns and everyone does over the speed limit even me got busted for doing over 20 over the speed limit. I was just cruising its a nice pkwy to drive and a money maker for the troopers.

But recently the NY state police finally finished their reports of the accident scene !!! You guys will love this they say even though the drunk and high mom was driving in the wrong direction at 80mph in the passing lane. The other driver is also in the wrong he was doing about 74mph in a 55mph zone. They also said if the other car was doing the speed limit he would have been able to get out of the drunks way. So now the drunks family is going to sue the other cars family because he shouldn't have been speeding in the first place. F in Amazing what a joke and they had the drunks lawyer on TV and he said the reports shows that his client was only half at fault. Only in NY the courts are made for the crooked !!!

The best is the drunks husband refused to speak to the cops then states that his wife only smoked pot to relieve stress !!!

I also bet that if, I researched NY state lawsuits there would be pay outs for lost wages for a criminal being killed during a robbery. Then his victims ends up paying

We have so-called "health reform", and now so-called "financial reform"....but don't hold your breath on the legal system reforming itself!!!

fiirst you need to know if NY is contributory negligence, no fault or comparative. Depends on the state laws. If you can show the other party at fault for 51% or more can bar recoverey. Comparative is just that, damages based on percentages of fault., etc, etc. Agree, legal rambling right now w/ all that exposure sitting on the table.

edit spelling

It gets my blood to boil over stuff like this!! I have seen many of these cases in NYC court rooms. The only thing the family of the 3 men can do is maybe sue the State troopers for failing to do their job. As in speed enforcement

Also, I have to bring this up since Mike joined in and reminded me of an incident involving me in New Jersey. I was hanging out in my favorite place Red Bank, NJ. On my way out of town I get hit by a driver who had a seizure and he also hit this porsche behind me almost splitting the car in 2 pieces. We exchange info with the cops, Then several days later, I contact the guys insurance which was GMAC and speak to the claims dept. I didn't contact my own insurance company but GMAC told me that they were not paying out for my damage or anyone else. Do to NJ law it states that if a motorist has a unforseen medical incident that causes an accident the motorist that causes the accident. He will not be held accountable and his insurance does not have to repay or replace any damages that was caused by their motorist.

They jerked me around for weeks say

ing that they didn't get the info from the hospital, I finally called the U.S Attorneys office and they gave me a # to contact the NJ office from there they said that the law is correct but the insurance company.can't leave you hanging around. So they called the claim office and had my check within a week. I was waiting for a lawsuit from the driver.

Nothing amazes me anymore you can kill a thug that is hurting your family !! But the guys wife can sue you for lost wages look at that poor family that had there parents killed over a vehicle. The perp takes them to court from jail saying he had a legally signed title saying the truck was his. He wants he's vehicle back. The family has to pay a lawyer every time they get summoned to court.

:salute:

Archived