TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Questions by dummies: post any question here!

66DNA

Have you seen this video? Now here's a guy who has NO idea what a burning clutch smells like. I cringe when watching it.

What an idiot!

600 bucks, MY ASS! <LOL>

He just fried a clutch and flywheel and on a Vette, that ain't gonna be cheap.

I can't believe he thought it was his tires smoking, or that one of his 'homies' didn't tell him to stop.

Burning clutch smell is NASTY and you can NOT mistake it for tires/rubber!

Now *there* is a classic case of "More Money Than Brains"......quite LITERALLY.

Yeesh,

Phill

• 4 weeks later...

:hysterical3: It's disturbing, that the driver and none of his douche bag friends have any idea whats going on. You would think if he earns enough to afford the car he wouldn't be so stupid.

What an idiot! 600 bucks, MY ASS! He just fried a clutch and flywheel and on a Vette, that ain't gonna be cheap. I can't believe he thought it was his tires smoking, or that one of his 'homies' didn't tell him to stop. Burning clutch smell is NASTY and you can NOT mistake it for tires/rubber! Now *there* is a classic case of "More Money Than Brains"......quite LITERALLY. Yeesh, Phill

• 2 weeks later...

I am having trouble posting pictures on my profile. I have tried it on Windows explorer and firefox, but no joy. Any ideas or have you seen this problem.

Are you getting a error message? For instance, "picture too large"?

Use a low res photo. I've tried to load a couple of higher res pics and been rejected.

Phill

• 2 weeks later...

Well I'm about to hit my first 5k miles and an oil change will be due. I already placed an order for a set of race ramps. I haven't seen underneath the car yet, but the dummy question I have is, where will I find the oil filter? I probably would see it if I get under the car when on the ramps but the question is like an itch I've been avoiding to scratch all day.

Well I'm about to hit my first 5k miles and an oil change will be due. I already placed an order for a set of race ramps. I haven't seen underneath the car yet, but the dummy question I have is, where will I find the oil filter? I probably would see it if I get under the car when on the ramps but the question is like an itch I've been avoiding to scratch all day.

Drivers side, towards the rear of the engine. Can't miss it once you're under there.

Phill

Thanks for the scratch Phil haha. Another question, is it easy to remove?

Yeah, as long a a Gorilla didn't put the last one on.

Lots of guys have oil spill onto the subframe. I suggested a bleach bottle or milk jug with the bottom cut off to catch the oil and drop the filter into. Leave the cap on and you have a handle to hang onto while you're unscrewing the fliter.

I have a filter wrench for taking filters OFF with (NEVER use one to put a filter ON with) because sometimes they get pretty tight, or the last guy to put one on used a filter wrench!

Phill

Just curious. With this being new and under warranty, why not take it to the dealer? If you ask, you should be able to request the analysis retentive tech. Just want to make sure your covered and can get notification of any TSB's for your car.

You mean take it to the dealer for an oil change? Are you out of your mind?!?! Nah, I'm kidding but I rather do it myself. It is one of the things you do to bond with your car. Regarding TSB's, we are lucky we have Grabber in our forums. He is usually on top of those and informs everyone here pretty much right when it comes. :happy feet:

You mean take it to the dealer for an oil change? Are you out of your mind?!?!

HA! No kidding. My dealer replaced the fuel pump in my GT500, and did a head gasket on my F-150, but for lesser jobs they can keep their grubby mitts OFF. I don't own a small fortune in tools so I can look at them! I like to get under there and take a good look at everything, shed a tear at the rock chips on my formerly shiny oil pan. Plus, I use AMSOIL and occasionally Mobil 1 and Ford don't play that.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok I must be a dummy... Where can I find out how many cars where built and optioned exactly like mine? When looking at the 2012 production numbers sheet it's easy to see how many race red glass roof cars there are, but how many of those have the elec/nav, svtpp,recaro, and no car cover?

Edited by Ecrissman

Ok I must be a dummy... Where can I find out how many cars where built and optioned exactly like mine? When looking at the 2012 production numbers sheet it's easy to see how many race red glass roof cars there are, but how many of those have the elec/nav, svtpp,recaro, and no car cover?

+1

Smile.. thanks for trying! It has to be somewhere, I have seen posts from people saying their car is 4 out of 30 with the same options. I cant find it.

Not sure how to break it down further. Sometimes you can guesstimate based on percentage of total with Nav etc and apply that to # of Glass Roof cars. In my case I can only get to 1 of 7 based on only 8 non SVT Grabber Blue verts built in 2012. I know one of the cars didn't have Nav because I looked at it at the same time I bought mine. The other 7 I have no idea how they're optioned.

Joe

Just want to make sure I did this the right way. I wanted to determine if I have 3.73 gears, so I marked a rear tire and the drive shaft. To complete one full revolution on the tire I had to turn the drive shaft 3-3/4 turns.

Is this accurate?

Just want to make sure I did this the right way. I wanted to determine if I have 3.73 gears, so I marked a rear tire and the drive shaft. To complete one full revolution on the tire I had to turn the drive shaft 3-3/4 turns.

Is this accurate?

Yes and no. You have to turn BOTH tires one full turn. Easier to do with the LS or spool rears but a one-legger can be a chore.

On my GT500, when I turn one tire the other tire turns too so if you have a GT500 w/LSR, that'll work. Just to be safe, I'd mark both tires and make sure they both turn 360d.

If your DS turned 3-3/4 turns, you have 3.75:1 rear axle gears. Slightly under and you'll come up with 3.73's (which is what I suspect you got, not a FULL 3-3/4 turns).

Just over 4 turns and you have 4.11's.

3-1/2 turns and you have 3.55's.

Etc.

Phill

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, just picked up a new never titled 2011 Shelby, Race Red with white stripes, SVTPP and Elec Package. Love it!

Cover is still sealed in black bag in trunk. Is it a nice cover and what does it look like? I probably won't use it till I park the car for winter.

Ok, just picked up a new never titled 2011 Shelby, Race Red with white stripes, SVTPP and Elec Package. Love it!

Cover is still sealed in black bag in trunk. Is it a nice cover and what does it look like? I probably won't use it till I park the car for winter.

If it's the same as the 2012's (and I'm pretty sure it is), it's a good quality cover, but not quite as neat as the stretchy covers. It's grey, has a cobra on it, and little condom for the antenna, instead of a hole in the cover. I have a shorty billet antenna, so my cover's antenna-condom is only half-filled. It's a little embarassing.

You can see a picture here.

If it's the same as the 2012's (and I'm pretty sure it is), it's a good quality cover, but not quite as neat as the stretchy covers. It's grey, has a cobra on it, and little condom for the antenna, instead of a hole in the cover. I have a shorty billet antenna, so my cover's antenna-condom is only half-filled. It's a little embarassing.

You can see a picture here.

Cool, thanks. Looks like the one my boss had. It had the c-stripe and Boss302 on it. I thought it was a decent cover.

I'll leave this one in the bag till winter storage time.

Crap! I turned the drive shaft and just was watching the driver side tire.

You're probaly safe. Maybe just a hair off because with the limited slip rear axle both tires will turn about the same amount, as long as one's not on the ground.

Phill

I see some cars with hash mark stripes on the front fender.............what is the correct term for them and where did you get them? Thanks.

Fender stripes.

John Farmer, a Team Shelby member and I think vendor sells them.

Phill

I notice in some posts of the underside of the 500 that right off the spliter some have a plastic cover covering where you would change the oil and filter then the smaller cover that has on it remove for service. My question is does all 12 GT500 have the first cover right off the splitter covering the filter and such. When I did my first oil change I had none the and just reached up to do the oil and filter.