TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Questions by dummies: post any question here!

66DNA

He's a troll. Just here to stir up sh**. Fortunately this is a topic that has little continuity so the disruption will be short lived.

At least I own a Shelby, you just own a Ford :hysterical: Why did you dump that nice CSX for a Ford :doh:

A good way to spot a troll, is they usually have responses shorter than their signature file, and unusually high post counts, due to their multitudes of three sentence (non contributory) retorts... :headscratch:

Edited by ShelbyGT5HUN

At least I own a Shelby, you just own a Ford :hysterical: Why did you dump that nice CSX for a Ford :doh:

A good way to spot a troll, is they usually have responses shorter than their signature file, and unusually high post counts, due to their multitudes of three sentence (non contributory) retorts... :headscratch:

OK, so you're just an ass. Is that better?

SAI Steve, what's the "official" statement from SAI on this subject?

I'm not releasing the video, as it's very clear that SAI's official position, two years ago was, CS had nothing, but his name to offer Ford in developing the S197 GT500. A two week paid vacation, to yuk it up in front of the cameras, in Detroit, doesn't count as development time. You can't "develop" a car in 2 weeks. There are some very sore members here, thinking they "own a Shelby", when in fact, they don't. CSX number, or go home, that's a Shelby. A Ford with Shelby scripting, is a LICENSED car, no way comparable to a real Shelby.

Thanks Steve

Edited by ShelbyGT5HUN

Wow that guy is delusional. Thinks he knows better than Carroll Shelby and Rick Kopec. Even SAI has GT500 owners register their cars in the Shelby registry.

If Carroll were here, I'd like to see you tell him to his face what you write here.

I see a Prius in your future. Hand over your keys to real Shelby enthusiasts here.

:finger:

You have one of the best sig pics I've ever seen. What a stable!

Figured I would add something positive back to this thread. :)

I'm not releasing the video, as it's very clear that SAI's official position, two years ago was, CS had nothing, but his name to offer Ford in developing the S197 GT500. A two week paid vacation, to yuk it up in front of the cameras, in Detroit, doesn't count as development time. You can't "develop" a car in 2 weeks. There are some very sore members here, thinking they "own a Shelby", when in fact, they don't. CSX number, or go home, that's a Shelby. A Ford with Shelby scripting, is a LICENSED car, no way comparable to a real Shelby.

Thanks Steve

Not sure where you get your info from or maybe you just make it up ( two week vacation yuking it up in front of cameras, in Detroit) definately wasn`t the case according to what Carroll told me.

Question are you a SAAC member?

Thanks Steve

A better way to spot a troll is to find someone who repeats an indefensible position after the battle has been lost. The sign of insanity is to do the same thing over and over expecting a different result.

Do let us know how it all works out though.

Edited by twobjshelbys

I would like to say this thread is a good read, but...... I would rather read the documentation that came with my old set of Lincoln Logs.....

I printed this thread on some old toilet paper and made it useful.

Thanks Steve

You know, since you seem to have such a problem with Carroll Shelby and thinking he just took a two week vacation to have some fun, the question is, why are you here? Why are you on Team Shelby since you clearly have set history straight and let everyone now that we have fake Shelbys. Why do you feel the need to keep throwing in our face some our cars don't have CSM numbers? Why don't you go hang out on the SVT site or other MUSTANG sites. Why keep coming here? We don't need your negativity here. We are happy with the cars we have and not everybody cares if it has that super special csm number. Why do you keep calling them CSX numbers? Correct me if I'm but I thought the Mustangs and other vehicles were CSM numbers and the Cobras were CSX numbers? Might not be a big but maybe to some it helps to have information correct...

Anyways, dug this up, however, I already knew this:

http://www.themustangnews.com/content/2009/03/2007-ford-shelby-gt-500/

Quoted:

--------------

The 2007 Ford Shelby GT-500 is billed as the most powerful Mustang ever built by Ford motor Company. While it is a car that was fully developed by Ford’s SVT (Special Vehicle Team) group, the car was branded as a Shelby GT-500 late in the development process and came to market as such.

In the mass appeal that the car has due to the Carroll Shelby marketing connection, the reality is that he had little if anything to do with the development and building of the car itself. This is 180 degrees from the 2007 Shelby GT Mustang which his company built at the Shelby Automobiles plant in Las Vegas, NV – much like was done in the 1960’s. The 2007 Shelby Ford GT-500 rolls off the Ford assembly line in Flat Rock, MI.

--------------

Edited by ShelbyGT5HUN

We don't need your negativity here. We are happy with the cars we have and not everybody cares if it has that super special csm number. Why do you keep calling them CSX numbers? Correct me if I'm but I thought the Mustangs and other vehicles were CSM numbers and the Cobras were CSX numbers? Might not be a big but maybe to some it helps to have information correct...

You do have a point, allow me to clarify.

There is a definite pecking order, when it comes to collectibles. An AC/Cobra is the top of the list for many world-wide collectors. Sorry Twobjs. even though you paid a ton of money for that continuation car, that's not true Shelby either. Anything "Shelby-ized" after the fact, is just a money grabbing scheme, cashing in on nostalgia. Good ole' CS would stamp his name on anything to make a buck. Close, but it doesn't replace an original. Shelby stopped building real AC/Cobras many many years ago.

Just like with Porschephiles, they believe no other Porsche is a "true" Porsche, unless it's an air cooled 911. Of course the GT350s, GT500s, etc., from the muscle era, are true Shelbys. Is the Dodge Omni GLH Shelby a real Shelby???? Not in my book. However, to be clear, a S197 is not a true Shelby, by any other word, except as a "licensed" version.

Great cars, just don't kid yourself about the heritage.

Edited by ShelbyGT5HUN

http://www.themustangnews.com/content/2009/03/2007-ford-shelby-gt-500/ (hey Sarge, you need to click on this to get it to work, it's called a link)

Quoted:

--------------

The 2007 Ford Shelby GT-500 is billed as the most powerful Mustang ever built by Ford motor Company. While it is a car that was fully developed by Ford’s SVT (Special Vehicle Team) group, the car was branded as a Shelby GT-500 late in the development process and came to market as such.

In the mass appeal that the car has due to the Carroll Shelby marketing connection, the reality is that he had little if anything to do with the development and building of the car itself. This is 180 degrees from the 2007 Shelby GT Mustang which his company built at the Shelby Automobiles plant in Las Vegas, NV – much like was done in the 1960’s. The 2007 Shelby Ford GT-500 rolls off the Ford assembly line in Flat Rock, MI.

--------------

I stand by SAI's employee who said the same thing. Steve, care to comment?

What about Shelbys that are converted to Super Snakes or whatever at Shelby American's authorized shops? Since those weren't converted at Shelby American itself, do they get the "REAL" Shelby honor? I mean, since they weren't touched by Shelby American in Las Vegas, but a mod shop, do those qualify even though they do get a CSM?

And I believe I read that Steve has commented on this topic before and stands by the fact all Shelbys that come branded as a Shelby, are Real Shelbys.

Oh yeah those SS for sure are real.... In fact, the S197 SS is the pinnacle of CS's input and the natural progression of the Mustang to the modern era. These modern S197 Super Snakes are phenomenal, with the 2013-14 MY being the icing on the cake. I will admit, I am slightly envious of Super Snake owners, of this iteration.

For the "modern era" of muscle cars, my opinion changes. Anything of this current period, with licensing from Shelby, is as real as you can get in this day and age, including continuation cars. My point is, there was a "golden era" of the original Shelby's, these S197s from Detroit, are not in the same class as the the aforementioned, but still have inherent uniqueness, in this modern age, when converted to SAI's specs as a SS or similar.

Edited by ShelbyGT5HUN

http://www.themustangnews.com/content/2009/03/2007-ford-shelby-gt-500/

Quoted:

--------------

The 2007 Ford Shelby GT-500 is billed as the most powerful Mustang ever built by Ford motor Company. While it is a car that was fully developed by Fords SVT (Special Vehicle Team) group, the car was branded as a Shelby GT-500 late in the development process and came to market as such.

In the mass appeal that the car has due to the Carroll Shelby marketing connection, the reality is that he had little if anything to do with the development and building of the car itself. This is 180 degrees from the 2007 Shelby GT Mustang which his company built at the Shelby Automobiles plant in Las Vegas, NV much like was done in the 1960s. The 2007 Shelby Ford GT-500 rolls off the Ford assembly line in Flat Rock, MI.

--------------

This is a random article written out of ignorance. Real Shelby enthusiasts know better. Sorry it doesn't fit into your box of collectability. Ford designs the base Mustang and Carroll added his modifications, whether by design while he worked at Ford or at his shop. Both are real. You are in denial, not us. He also worked on the Dodges. There must be a collectible car forum you can try to convince your story to, but here it won't work. We get it that collectors like the CSM cars and that they are "worth" more money, whippee. I had more fun modifying my GT500 than keeping it original. Either way, it's a Shelby whether you believe it or not. Try telling Carroll and Cleo his 2 weeks straight working with SVT was meaningless to you. It really was history in the making. :happy feet:

:victory:

Look folks, the guy is a troll. If you stop feeding him he will go away and find another bridge. Put him on your ignore list and he will go away soon. He's also sending offensive PMs. At this rate his days are numbered.

if indeed he is sending offensive PM's mod's can see them and he is in violation of the rules posted on the website and should be tossed!

You do have a point, allow me to clarify.

There is a definite pecking order, when it comes to collectibles. An AC/Cobra is the top of the list for many world-wide collectors. Sorry Twobjs. even though you paid a ton of money for that continuation car, that's not true Shelby either. Anything "Shelby-ized" after the fact, is just a money grabbing scheme, cashing in on nostalgia. Good ole' CS would stamp his name on anything to make a buck. Close, but it doesn't replace an original. Shelby stopped building real AC/Cobras many many years ago.

Just like with Porschephiles, they believe no other Porsche is a "true" Porsche, unless it's an air cooled 911. Of course the GT350s, GT500s, etc., from the muscle era, are true Shelbys. Is the Dodge Omni GLH Shelby a real Shelby???? Not in my book. However, to be clear, a S197 is not a true Shelby, by any other word, except as a "licensed" version.

Great cars, just don't kid yourself about the heritage.

Heres what I do know from the man himself , Ford SVT wanted to keep the cost down but Shelby insisted on making the car more aerodynamic by closing in the bottom of the car,& changing the splitter & spoiler . Is the Dodge Omi a real Shelby YES it is as Carroll had a lot of input on that vehicle. Enough said time to move on.

Oh yeah those SS for sure are real.... In fact, the S197 SS is the pinnacle of CS's input and the natural progression of the Mustang to the modern era. These modern S197 Super Snakes are phenomenal, with the 2013-14 MY being the icing on the cake. I will admit, I am slightly envious of Super Snake owners, of this iteration.

For the "modern era" of muscle cars, my opinion changes. Anything of this current period, with licensing from Shelby, is as real as you can get in this day and age, including continuation cars. My point is, there was a "golden era" of the original Shelby's, these S197s from Detroit, are not in the same class as the the aforementioned, but still have inherent uniqueness, in this modern age, when converted to SAI's specs as a SS or similar.

But why are those cars that get upfitted at mod shops considered real Shelbys? Since the cars taken to mod shops around the country or world for that matter, never actually go to Las Vegas and get touched by Shelby American? I thought one of your requirements was that it had to actually be done by Shelby American?

And why you keep talking about some mystery video you supposedly have of I believe a tour guide? You would seriously believe a tour guide over say Steve or any other Shelby American employee that would say your wrong?

I just have a hard time understanding why you are so against the new Shelbys. And why it matters so much to you if people call them real Shelbys.

I just have a hard time understanding why you are so against the new Shelbys. And why it matters so much to you if people call them real Shelbys.

Because the old and CSM cars sell for more money. It's all about the money with this guy. :nonono:

Edited by Secondo

Heres what I do know from the man himself , Ford SVT wanted to keep the cost down but Shelby insisted on making the car more aerodynamic by closing in the bottom of the car,& changing the splitter & spoiler . Is the Dodge Omi a real Shelby YES it is as Carroll had a lot of input on that vehicle. Enough said time to move on.

+1 just one of the many features Carroll worked on.

He was very proud of the Dodge Omni GLHS and even owned one up until his passing.

"But it's not a real Shelby" :hysterical2:

• 2 weeks later...

hallp me some1 please/ I have mustang 2007 year and i want to remake it to 1967 eleanor. just exterior. who knows original body parts can be fitted to supersnakes 2007 frame?

or give me some ideas for making eleanor replica