TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Questions by dummies: post any question here!

66DNA

I would suspect that if Gary knew someone giving tours is saying that they would, well, er, no longer be giving tours.

+1 Tony, I hung out with Gary at Ponies In The Poconos event. He said my '07 GT500 was a sharp looking Shelby and even autographed it.

Edit: He and John K. (N.E. Director) also gave it the Top 20 Best Of Show award.

Edited by Secondo

+1 Tony, I hung out with Gary at Ponies In The Poconos event. He said my '07 GT500 was a sharp looking Shelby and even autographed it.

Edit: He and John K. (N.E. Director) also gave it the Top 20 Best Of Show award.

There have been other instances of tour guides giving misleading information, and their scripts have been corrected. However, once it's out, it's impossible to put the genie back in the bottle. Especially if the misinformation supports something someone wants to believe.

There have been other instances of tour guides giving misleading information, and their scripts have been corrected. However, once it's out, it's impossible to put the genie back in the bottle. Especially if the misinformation supports something someone wants to believe.

+1 what they want to believe. If they want to believe the '07 - '14 GT500's aren't Shelby's then the late '67s through '70 cars aren't either.

Edit: Or the current '16-up GT350's either, and they are featured in this year's Shelby annual magazine!

Edited by Secondo

So you were there, when I filmed SA's, direct reply to this exact question, during the shop tour Q+A session, one year ago? You should've introduced yourselves... Since you three, seem to know so much, perhaps, either of you, should be conducting the shop tour, at Shelby American, and be the one answering questions, on the record, instead of spinning your tires here, in this forum :lol:

They CLEARLY said the 2007-1014's are NOT Shelby's, and SA had NO input in the design. Do you want to view the video I made? 2007+ GT500's are great SVT cars, but are NOT Shelbys. Sorry to tell you.

The King of the Road versions, are true Shelby's.

Well I certainly would like to see the video so that if errors are being made they can be corrected. My email is stevent@shelby.com

If you would email me just the portion of the video where I can hear the question along with the reply that would be great. If you're not able to crop or email the video you could upload it to YouTube and email the link.

Thanks

Steve

First of all, no CSM number on the GT500 chassis. Secondly, not touched by any Shelby technician, nor having been inside Shelby American, also disqualifies these cars as "real" Shelbys.

As far as "a quick YouTube search", a small promo tour/photo op in front of a camera, does not mean anything other than face value. How many revisions, or engineering concerns could be addressed in a "two week visit"?

Thirdly, this person giving the tour was NOT a salesman, but a higher up person, Shop Manager???

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SAI Steven,

I will send you a transcript of the video. Some are hinting this person could lose their job, or be reprimanded, and I'm not going to be the source of that. A transcript is more appropriate here.

What is SAI's opinion on the matter? Surely there is some enormous distinction between a Shelby badged SVT car, versus a CSM badged car, that was actually touched by SAI.

Edited by ShelbyGT5HUN

Wow. We've been on here for over 10 years and this has been discussed and settled for years now until another newbie like you comes along and thinks he knows better than Carroll himself. Unreal.

Not a "real" Shelby, for the reasons I gave above. Sorry to burst your 10 year bubble.

Wow. We've been on here for over 10 years and this has been discussed and settled for years now until another newbie like you comes along and thinks he knows better than Carroll himself. Unreal.

Doesn't this guy sound like a familiar troll? I'm betting he's been here and banned before. If you ignore him he will go away. Edited by twobjshelbys

Hmmm... glad to know after all these years I don't really own a Shelby. We only get a "real" Shelby if we pay another 35-40k for a special number huh? So what Carroll did with Ford doesn't matter one bit then.

So shelbygt5hun, what kind of "shelby" do you have?

I don't kid myself, nor have an over-inflated, ego or post count. Maybe you should ask me what a "real" Shelby is, instead (hint: it's the inverse of the following paragraph)?

I own a SVT Mustang, built, designed, tested, and sold, by Ford Motor Cars, that was licensed by Ford, from Shelby Licensing, and badged as a GT500. It was never touched, or specifically built by SAI. It had almost NO input, unless you call a ceremonial test drive input, from Carroll beyond, "Just give the working man a 600hp engine, and keep it under $50,000."

Edited by ShelbyGT5HUN

I don't kid myself, nor have an over-inflated, ego or post count. Maybe you should ask me what a "real" Shelby is, instead (hint: it's the inverse of the following paragraph)?

I own a SVT Mustang, built, designed, tested, and sold, by Ford Motor Cars, that was licensed by Ford, from Shelby Licensing, and badged as a GT500. It was never touched, or specifically built by SAI. It had almost NO input, unless you call a ceremonial test drive input, from Carroll beyond, "Just give the working man a 600hp engine, and keep it under $50,000."

Wow ok. Not gonna argue about such a ridiculous topic that has been debated over and over.

Edited by 05mustangman

Ridiculous! :chairshot:

At least I currently, own a Shelby. All you have, is a Ford :lol::doh:

:redcard:

Please enlighten us as to what Shelby you own. In your previous post you said you had an SVT Mustang badged as a GT500. So do you own another Shelby or what? If so, why all the hate on the Ford built Shelby GT500's? All Mustangs roll off the same assembly line...

Someone doesn't think my 2012 Shelby GT500 is a true Shelby, okay. Can't please all the people all the time. I love my "Shelby GT500" proud to have one and to those that don't like it or appreciate the heritage... Okay, I won't worry about you trying to take it & can live with that.

Edited by SHLBY EH

• 5 months later...

Hello everybody, excuse me if my approach is off, but I am new to forum discussion and have a question. I am the PROUD new owner of a 2011 Gt500, and am looking to remove a vinyl decal the previous owner applied to the rear fascia of the car. In "Googling" the safest way to do this I am coming across a ton of conflicting info reference heat/no heat, adhesive remover or no, what brand etc. This is WITHOUT A DOUBT my dream car and do not want to damage it. Can anybody set me on the right path? Thank You!

Hello everybody, excuse me if my approach is off, but I am new to forum discussion and have a question. I am the PROUD new owner of a 2011 Gt500, and am looking to remove a vinyl decal the previous owner applied to the rear fascia of the car. In "Googling" the safest way to do this I am coming across a ton of conflicting info reference heat/no heat, adhesive remover or no, what brand etc. This is WITHOUT A DOUBT my dream car and do not want to damage it. Can anybody set me on the right path? Thank You!

First of all Welcome to Team Shelby .as for the decal I have removed several & have had no problem. Just let it sit in the sun until its warm & carefully with your finger nail peel an edge back & slowly pull it off. You will probably have to use a good wax to clean the glue film off ( wax will dissolve glues) Some use a hair dryer but too much heat could damage the paint if your not careful.

FYI, you are very much incorrect. It is well documented and confirmed that Carroll Shelby directly worked with SVT for two weeks straight on the development of the new 2007 GT500. :victory:

FYI, you are very much incorrect. It is well documented and confirmed that Carroll Shelby directly worked with SVT for two weeks straight on the development of the new 2007 GT500. :victory:

Right on Sean , I was fortunate enough to talk to Shelby at a SAAC convention , & he was in Detriot for a week working with Ford engineering SVT & made several changes to the new Shelby .

Wow, two whole weeks, Bet a lot got done :lol: What specifically did he advise Ford on? You are also forgetting they aren't real Shelbys. No CSX number, never in Vegas. Who are you kidding. just yourselves? Great car, no doubt, in fact I'd make the case, for the money, you aren't touching a SVT "Shelby". Love mine, even though "it's not a real Shelby."

Wow, two whole weeks, Bet a lot got done :lol: What specifically did he advise Ford on? You are also forgetting they aren't real Shelbys. No CSX number, never in Vegas. Who are you kidding. just yourselves? Great car, no doubt, in fact I'd make the case, for the money, you aren't touching a SVT "Shelby". Love mine, even though "it's not a real Shelby."

If I told you you wouldn`t believe it anyways . I take it you removed all the Shelby lettering on your vehicle if you even you own one? So what do you call a real SHELBY????

If I told you you wouldn`t believe it anyways . I take it you removed all the Shelby lettering on your vehicle if you even you own one? So what do you call a real SHELBY????

I gave you two requirements. CSX # and been touched by SAI. I've owned more than one S197 SVT Cobra/Shelby, btw. Lettering was/is still on both cars.

I gave you two requirements. CSX # and been touched by SAI. I've owned more than one S197 SVT Cobra/Shelby, btw. Lettering was/is still on both cars.

Ok so you think all the Dodge Shelbys and late 1967-1970 Shelby GT350 and 500's aren't Shelbys either. (They also don't have CSM's and weren't built at SAI.)

Carroll himself said any car with his name on it is a Shelby. Maybe SAAC forum would be a better fit for your attitude.

:finger: