TEAM SHELBY FORUM

This dog needs a bone!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK guys, from the beginning we stated the tentative schedule was cars to arrive late April, May. (First cars) And not to expect any finished cars until late June or July at the earliest. We know EO will not be available until late June for both configurations.

Some who had their cars built in April have not arrived at the railhead. The first production OEM quality fascia's and rockers and tail end trim pieces arrived for final fitments. All looked good and they are in production in Detroit. All parts are arriving as painted.

We have begun installing suspension and other items but full production is expected to begin the last week of June, first week of July.

The only paint work that will be completed on site will be painted stripes. For those traveling to Tulsa, look out for the test mules to be flying around the track. Oh, and ask Gary P for a ride.

Have some pictures but just way too busy to get them up.

Roger

OK guys, from the beginning we stated the tentative schedule was cars to arrive late April, May. (First cars) And not to expect any finished cars until late June or July at the earliest. We know EO will not be available until late June for both configurations.

Some who had their cars built in April have not arrived at the railhead. The first production OEM quality fascia's and rockers and tail end trim pieces arrived for final fitments. All looked good and they are in production in Detroit. All parts are arriving as painted.

We have begun installing suspension and other items but full production is expected to begin the last week of June, first week of July.

The only paint work that will be completed on site will be painted stripes. For those traveling to Tulsa, look out for the test mules to be flying around the track. Oh, and ask Gary P for a ride.

Roger

We know EO will not be available until late June for both configurations.

I hate to be a dumba** and ask a stupid question, but what is a EO...???

thanks guys..

We know EO will not be available until late June for both configurations.

I hate to be a dumba** and ask a stupid question, but what is a EO...???

thanks guys..

EO = Executive Order (ARB/CARB approval for aftermarket parts).

Phill

Yes because both require a calibration change to the factory settings.

Roger

Now you have my curiosity raised.

What mods are you doing to the NA cars that require a EO#? Just a PCM flash or actuall add-on's?

TIA,

Phill

Now you have my curiosity raised.

What mods are you doing to the NA cars that require a EO#? Just a PCM flash or actuall add-on's?

TIA,

Phill

SA is adding a FRPP tune to the NA cars for more H.P. over stock. Sorry, I don't know how much H.P.

SA is adding a FRPP tune to the NA cars for more H.P. over stock. Sorry, I don't know how much H.P.

Here is what I would like to know, and can't get a clear answer:

How much (all in) is a SC GT350?

Including the cost of the vehicle, upgrades and Shelby delivery....

Kona, my buddy at Ford gave me some tidbits, but Im not looking to break news, that said,

I have heard indirectly 430HP on the NA...CAI and tune I believe would be the changes to it. Sounds right by that mod.

66dna,

All in with every option? I believe the max price optioned GT at invoice, not msrp bracket is 36-37k, then the SC package GT350 upgrade is 34K, but you can add some other things to it- rear brakes, racing tires, painted stripes, custom upgraded interior, upgrade shelby kicker stereo, watts link, museum deivery, upgraded cooling package, all added up is another 15-18k by just doing a rough rounded number add up. I think I worked up a GT350 ackage with every option, and 51k was about the ballpark.

So with every single option, (although you have to make a choice between shaker 1000 or nav, but Im assuming nav since you would do the kicker upgrade....pretty much 90k total price.

Roger

Roger,

Thanks for the update. For everyones sake I hope all goes well with parts acquisition and government red tape.

Any news on if the cooling package will be a go for some of us early cars? In other words, do you think it will hold our early builds up waiting for the cooling parts?

BTW just email me all the photos and I'll post 'em for ya. :hysterical:

Can't wait to hit the track. Crossing my fingers for Watkins Glen the end of July.

Kona, my buddy at Ford gave me some tidbits, but Im not looking to break news, that said,

I have heard indirectly 430HP on the NA...CAI and tune I believe would be the changes to it. Sounds right by that mod.

66dna,

All in with every option? I believe the max price optioned GT at invoice, not msrp bracket is 36-37k, then the SC package GT350 upgrade is 34K, but you can add some other things to it- rear brakes, racing tires, painted stripes, custom upgraded interior, upgrade shelby kicker stereo, watts link, museum deivery, upgraded cooling package, all added up is another 15-18k by just doing a rough rounded number add up. I think I worked up a GT350 ackage with every option, and 51k was about the ballpark.

So with every single option, (although you have to make a choice between shaker 1000 or nav, but Im assuming nav since you would do the kicker upgrade....pretty much 90k total price.

Thanks a bunch! I appreciate the information. I just purchased a 2011 Shelby GT500 vert, with the performance package - loving it. In Canada, these (with the performance/electronics packages runs $69,400. CDN. Plus 12% tax here in British Columbia! Outch eh?

So in Canada we'd be looking at paying over $110,000. CDN to own a GT350!

Really nice car. I'd love to own one - but I'm glad I chose the GT500 looking at those numbers!

Can't wait to see some photos of the completed cars!!!

Thanks again

Roger,

Thanks for the update. For everyones sake I hope all goes well with parts acquisition and government red tape.

Any news on if the cooling package will be a go for some of us early cars? In other words, do you think it will hold our early builds up waiting for the cooling parts?

BTW just email me all the photos and I'll post 'em for ya. :hysterical:

Can't wait to hit the track. Crossing my fingers for Watkins Glen the end of July.

Not sure on the cooling pkg. Should have the firt pieces Monday. Awaiting the intercooler tank next. That would be the hold up.

Roger

Thanks a bunch! I appreciate the information. I just purchased a 2011 Shelby GT500 vert, with the performance package - loving it. In Canada, these (with the performance/electronics packages runs $69,400. CDN. Plus 12% tax here in British Columbia! Outch eh?

So in Canada we'd be looking at paying over $110,000. CDN to own a GT350!

Really nice car. I'd love to own one - but I'm glad I chose the GT500 looking at those numbers!

Can't wait to see some photos of the completed cars!!!

Thanks again

I'd take the R over a GT350 :shift:

I wonder when Shelby American is going to "sell off" this FLEET!!!

FLEET, are you kidding, I heard one of the cars at Tulsa is actually Warren's being used as a mule car and SA is going thru extra break-in procedures :hysterical:

Hey Roger, how about some updated pictures? With all the problems in getting our donors from Ford, we sure would like to see some current photos to help us weather the wait.

Archived