TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Cinco De Mayo

This was on MSN this morning, the one Mexican student said, "

I think they should apologize cause it is a Mexican Heritage Day," Annicia Nunez, a Live Oak High student, said. "We don't deserve to be get disrespected like that. We wouldn't do that on Fourth of July."

I got news for you...........................this ain't Mexico!!!!!

On any other day at Live Oak High School in Morgan Hill, Daniel Galli and his four friends would not even be noticed for wearing T-shirts with the American flag. But Cinco de Mayo is not any typical day especially on a campus with a large Mexican American student population.

Galli says he and his friends were sitting at a table during brunch break when the vice principal asked two of the boys to remove American flag bandannas that they wearing on their heads and for the others to turn their American flag T-shirts inside out. When they refused, the boys were ordered to go to the principal's office.

"They said we could wear it on any other day," Daniel Galli said, "but today is sensitive to Mexican-Americans because it's supposed to be their holiday so we were not allowed to wear it today."

The boys said the administrators called their T-shirts "incendiary" that would lead to fights on campus.

"They said if we tried to go back to class with our shirts not taken off, they said it was defiance and we would get suspended," Dominic Maciel, Galli's friend, said.

The boys really had no choice, and went home to avoid suspension. They say they're angry they were not allowed to express their American pride. Their parents are just as upset, calling what happened to their children, "total nonsense."

"I think it's absolutely ridiculous," Julie Fagerstrom, Maciel's mom, said. "All they were doing was displaying their patriotic nature. They're expressing their individuality."

But to many Mexican-American students at Live Oak, this was a big deal. They say they were offended by the five boys and others for wearing American colors on a Mexican holiday.

"I think they should apologize cause it is a Mexican Heritage Day," Annicia Nunez, a Live Oak High student, said. "We don't deserve to be get disrespected like that. We wouldn't do that on Fourth of July."

As for an apology, the boys and their families say, 'fat chance.'

"I'm not going to apologize. I did nothing wrong," Galli said. "I went along with my normal day. I might have worn an American flag, but I'm an American and I'm proud to be an American."

WHAT A BUNCH OF STEAMING BULL FECES!

I would have taken the suspenson and then sued the balls off of the school district. The ACLU is a royal PITA, but they would LOVE to sink their teeth into that lawsuit.

Who gives a !@#+ if it's the May 5th. That's right, it's May 5th" not "Cinco De Mayo".

I'll tell you why I'm pissed. I'm pissed because we loose brave men like Mark Coleman who die in a $#!+ hole like Afganistan to protect our freedoms, only to have PC school districts censor our kids from wearing symbols that represent the country that they live in.

I doubt that the Hispanic students will wear U.S. flag t-shirts and bandanas on the 4th of July, or should I say the "4th of Julio", but I bet that the Hispanic students at that school will wear Mexican flag t-shirts on the 4th of July, and I'd like to see how that school reacts to that.

This was on MSN this morning, the one Mexican student said, "

I think they should apologize cause it is a Mexican Heritage Day," Annicia Nunez, a Live Oak High student, said. "We don't deserve to be get disrespected like that. We wouldn't do that on Fourth of July."

I got news for you...........................this ain't Mexico!!!!!

On any other day at Live Oak High School in Morgan Hill, Daniel Galli and his four friends would not even be noticed for wearing T-shirts with the American flag. But Cinco de Mayo is not any typical day especially on a campus with a large Mexican American student population.

Galli says he and his friends were sitting at a table during brunch break when the vice principal asked two of the boys to remove American flag bandannas that they wearing on their heads and for the others to turn their American flag T-shirts inside out. When they refused, the boys were ordered to go to the principal's office.

"They said we could wear it on any other day," Daniel Galli said, "but today is sensitive to Mexican-Americans because it's supposed to be their holiday so we were not allowed to wear it today."

The boys said the administrators called their T-shirts "incendiary" that would lead to fights on campus.

"They said if we tried to go back to class with our shirts not taken off, they said it was defiance and we would get suspended," Dominic Maciel, Galli's friend, said.

The boys really had no choice, and went home to avoid suspension. They say they're angry they were not allowed to express their American pride. Their parents are just as upset, calling what happened to their children, "total nonsense."

"I think it's absolutely ridiculous," Julie Fagerstrom, Maciel's mom, said. "All they were doing was displaying their patriotic nature. They're expressing their individuality."

But to many Mexican-American students at Live Oak, this was a big deal. They say they were offended by the five boys and others for wearing American colors on a Mexican holiday.

"I think they should apologize cause it is a Mexican Heritage Day," Annicia Nunez, a Live Oak High student, said. "We don't deserve to be get disrespected like that. We wouldn't do that on Fourth of July."

As for an apology, the boys and their families say, 'fat chance.'

"I'm not going to apologize. I did nothing wrong," Galli said. "I went along with my normal day. I might have worn an American flag, but I'm an American and I'm proud to be an American."

I saw this clip over on the NTT site, too. At the risk of a bunch of :redcard::redcard: , what's with the fuss over May 5th?

It's just another day in the good old ol' US of A. I would bet every country around the world has an independence day or founder's day or some other very meaningful day like that. The article mentions us disrespecting their day. It seems to me they chose to disrespect us the second they set foot on our soil liiegally. They continue to disrespect us every day they are here.

I don't see other legal US immigrants clamoring for us to recognize their special days. I do see them at July 4th celebrations wearing red, white and blue and waving US flags. I do see their names in the ranks of US soldiers going to war or coming home to Dover in flag draped coffins.

This political correctness has gone too far. :rant2:

+1 on all of the above posts. I guess this topic will be censored, but damn, the situation in our country is going beyond sensible with the government controlled schools, the union teachers and crap like this. What are they teaching these children??!!

+1 on all of the above posts. I guess this topic will be censored, but damn, the situation in our country is going beyond sensible with the government controlled schools, the union teachers and crap like this. What are they teaching these children??!!

Spanish.

SAD: United States citizens, attend school in United States of America, wear a shirt with the United States Flag on it, get kicked out of school.

What is wrong with our country? How many U.S. soldiers died for our Flag?

Cinco de Mayo is a Mexican holiday held on May 5th that commemorates the Mexican army's victory over French forces at the Battle of Puebla on May 5, 1862.

It is NOT Mexico's independence day. = September 16th.

The Mexican holiday seems to have lost its meaning and gone the route of St. Patrick's Day -- turning into an excuse to drink and get drunk.

Yesterday, the NBA Phoenix Suns wore a uniform that said: "LOS SUNS" = spanglish for "LOS SOLES" spanish. How stupid is the NBA? In the history of the NBA, there has only been two Mexican born players, really one somewhat legit, however, there has been 17 French born players. My question is: How does Tony Parker feel about the NBA celebrating the killing of his countrymen?

In the early 90's, I used to enjoy playing basketball, now, NOT so much, never.

1907 PHOTO This one needs to circulate

I think this is one email that needs to be forwarded until every

American with a computer receives it..

The year is 1907, one hundred and 3 years ago.

Theodore Roosevelt's ideas on Immigrants and being an AMERICAN in 1907.

'In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us,

he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed,

or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American....

There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all.

We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language..

And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.'

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Every American citizen needs to read this!

KEEP THIS MOVING

post-10421-127325699876_thumb.jpg

post-10421-127325699876_thumb.jpg

'In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us,

he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed,

or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American....

There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all.

We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language..

And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.'

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

KEEP THIS MOVING

+1 :salute:

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

AMEN, Teddy, AMEN! salute.gif

That's what my family did. My father, mother, and older sister immigrated here, and my father was an aerospace engineer until the day he retired from the now defunct Douglas/McDonnell Douglas (which was later absorbed by the massive Boeing Corp.). My father, mother, sister became a naturalized citizens, and while they never forgot their roots, we were in fact an ALL AMERICAN family. Just before my parents passed away my sister and I asked them where they wanted to be buried, and they told us that they ONLY wanted to be buried in their home country, the UNITED STATES of AMERICA!

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

KEEP THIS MOVING

How in the hell did this nation go from this to were we are today! It makes me sick and angry that America had lost sight of what makes us GREAT! A very high price has been and is being paid for our freedom (by Mark just the other day) and I'm sure they would be disgusted by what is happening to there country!

655px-MemorialonMtSuribachi.jpg

Memorial on Mt. Suribachi

How in the hell did this nation go from this to were we are today! It makes me sick and angry that America had lost sight of what makes us GREAT! A very high price has been and is being paid for our freedom (by Mark just the other day) and I'm sure they would be disgusted by what is happening to there country!

655px-MemorialonMtSuribachi.jpg

Memorial on Mt. Suribachi

+1,000,000

This is making me crazy with anger too....I used to live a couple of miles from that school, and my old neighbor is still a teacher there, it'd be interesting to get his take on all of this nonsense!

Someone asks how did we get to where we are today? The answer is quite simple, we did nothing and while we did nothing, others were electing every miscreant and derelict they could to local, state and national political offices - to include congress.

Wake up people and exercise your most cherished right - the right to vote. It's time to quit complaining, everyone needs to wake-up and become part of the solution!

Someone asks how did we get to where we are today? The answer is quite simple, we did nothing and while we did nothing, others were electing every miscreant and derelict they could to local, state and national political offices - to include congress.

Wake up people and exercise your most cherished right - the right to vote. It's time to quit complaining, everyone needs to wake-up and become part of the solution!

I asked the question. My problem is that voting is not working and is not the answer any more! Let me explain. I have always voted for who I felt would best represent the American values that most of us do. Seems that our choices have been bought and paid for by big business interest so that the person with the biggest account can buy the votes. Buy that I mean it is not the best candidate but the one with the most money to persuade the public. Second how many times have the majority voted for something and a couple of lame judges appointed by the same corrupt/bought politicians told us that your vote is not legal. Term limits, political contribution/spending limits might help and you are right that a complacent public and you owe me society are to blame also! JMO

Here is good example of a politician I feel is trying to do right and a remark of political stupidity!

The right thing to do is honor all Mexican Holidays by implementing

and enforcing the same Immigration Laws that Mexico does ???????

This would solve many of our problems????????

Bring Respect back to our Great Country the USA !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :salute:

Saw that aready. Don't get me started. But what do I know, I live in Arizona so according to the rest of the nation I am racist.

I guess per the Media that makes two of us racist. Hmm , still don't know what illegal has to do with al the crap that is being distorted here. My Son in law is Hispanic - flys the American Flag always, serves in the Border Patrol, so yes i am racist. No he isn't illegal, and yes he catched illegals from, china, india, thialand, ecudor, argentina, brazil, Oh and yes Mexico.

And as for the Cinco De Mayo, I don't have problem with heritage of anyone, I do have a problem with lack or no Patriotism. If you are an American you are American, so act like it respect it, fly the American symbols and still enjoy your heritage.

America, Love it, Protect it, or LEAVE IT!!!

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

AMEN, Teddy, AMEN! salute.gif

That's what my family did. My father, mother, and older sister immigrated here, and my father was an aerospace engineer until the day he retired from the now defunct Douglas/McDonnell Douglas (which was later absorbed by the massive Boeing Corp.). My father, mother, sister became a naturalized citizens, and while they never forgot their roots, we were in fact an ALL AMERICAN family. Just before my parents passed away my sister and I asked them where they wanted to be buried, and they told us that they ONLY wanted to be buried in their home country, the UNITED STATES of AMERICA!

Amen my fellow American. Nice story of the American Dream. :salute:

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

KEEP THIS MOVING

Well said, and lets also tariff the crap out of cheap imported crap, made by 12 year olds in some industrial ghetto....

In the Cinco De Hayo incident at Live Oak High School, instead of the students wearing the American Flag shirts being sent home, the Principal should have been sent home, missing his front teeth and a black eye.

Absolutely. The silent majority cant be silent anymore or, we will be forced to be silent by our goverment.

And Scoobs, Arizona is doing the right thing. Ignore the waco's

The right thing to do is honor all Mexican Holidays by implementing

and enforcing the same Immigration Laws that Mexico does ???????

This would solve many of our problems????????

Bring Respect back to our Great Country the USA !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :salute:

Amen brother :salute:

Whoever is responsible for sending the AMERICAN kids home should immediately be relocated to Mexico. Apparently they would prefer to be there.

Absolutely. The silent majority cant be silent anymore or, we will be forced to be silent by our goverment.

And Scoobs, Arizona is doing the right thing. Ignore the waco's

Well said Jeff! Well said everyone! Amen and Amen! :salute:

It's ironicly funny to me that in one of the news reports that I saw about this incident, the principal had allegedly told the disiplined students that wearing the US flag shirts and bandanas on May 5th would be "incendiary".

The principal was right. Yesterday, "downtown" Oak Creek was stormed upon by local citizens and out of town tea party members who protested the school's action by wearing and waving American flags to all passers by. salute.gif

In the Cinco De Hayo incident at Live Oak High School, instead of the students wearing the American Flag shirts being sent home, the Principal should have been sent home, missing his front teeth and a black eye.

Read my post on Old School Men........................................that's what would have happen!!!

Archived