TEAM SHELBY FORUM

California i'm coming...

Hi there- I'm just preparing my next holidays (may14th -may26th,2010) in California.

Our first destination is San Francisco; then we rent a car and drive down to Carmel by the sea, followed by a stop in Pismo beach and finally staying a few days in Santa Monica before flying back home to Luxembourg. I just wanna ask, if some of you have a good ideas, where I can visit some cool car shows; or car club meetings; show and shine meetings etc...

Well I know actually this seems to be a strange question for you, but I thought I 'll try and you can help me out...passing a cool vacation in California.

Thanks in advance... :salute:

Hi there- I'm just preparing my next holidays (may14th -may26th,2010) in California.

Our first destination is San Francisco; then we rent a car and drive down to Carmel by the sea, followed by a stop in Pismo beach and finally staying a few days in Santa Monica before flying back home to Luxembourg. I just wanna ask, if some of you have a good ideas, where I can visit some cool car shows; or car club meetings; show and shine meetings etc...

Well I know actually this seems to be a strange question for you, but I thought I 'll try and you can help me out...passing a cool vacation in California.

Can't help out much with car shows, but when we go to San Francisco we stay at the Best western in Pacifica http://www.bestwesternlighthouse.com/ . about 20k from downtown. it is a reasonable hotel right on the ocean. Right next door is a restaurant /bar that has been there since the 19 hundreds good food ( the crab sandwich and crab Louie salad are to die for).

Just remember you are in the USA and food portions are huge. When we are traveling in the US we have to remember to share a meal.

We asked a waitress in Sedona what size pizza will feed the two of us and she responded a large. Well the Pizza was as big a sewer lid, enough for 4 hungry people.

Have fun it is a great trip down the coast.

Glen

When you're up in San Fran... be sure to take the 101 north across the Golden Gate, and the road that goes west just after the bridge ends (you'll pass the view point on the right, and it's the next exit. Go west underneath the freeway and back down towards the bridge, and there's a road that goes up the mountain). It's absolutely an awesome view up there - you can see the whole city and then some. Head up there at night with a bottle of wine and a blanket ;)

Also they still have tours of Alcatraz island leaving from fisherman's warf for $5 I think.

As for car shows... When it gets closer I'll let you know if there's anything going on in the central valley area.

Our Mustang Club is having their 26th Annual Biggest Little Car Show, on Saturday May 15th, in Suisun City, which is between San Francisco and Sacramento off of Hwy 12, if you would like to come check it out let me know, we expect over a 100 cars, this is a all Ford show. You can see pictures from last years show HERE.

Archived