TEAM SHELBY FORUM

"official" strut tower brace for SS?

Robert - That sounds Great!! Two completely unique STB options for the Super Snake (if they pass testing), Cool!!

It sounds to me as if there are two different mfgr's competing for Shelby's business.

The one that cuts the muster will be the *one* that Shelby uses on the SS. I don't think there will be two options, just two options for Shelby to choose from (providing one can pass the stress test/s)

At least that's how *I'm* reading Roberts post. And as always, I don't/can't speak for Robert so I may be all wet.

Phill

It sounds to me as if there are two different mfgr's competing for Shelby's business.

The one that cuts the muster will be the *one* that Shelby uses on the SS. I don't think there will be two options, just two options for Shelby to choose from (providing one can pass the stress test/s)

At least that's how *I'm* reading Roberts post. And as always, I don't/can't speak for Robert so I may be all wet.

Phill

This could be^^^^^^^^^^^. But I only see "they" in Roberts post, not "it" or "one of them".

----------------------------------

"When they are done, they will tested again and if they prove out, slated for production."

----------------------------------

Maybe "they" means one when we are discussing two distinctly different STB's?

I am not speaking for Robert either, just commenting on his reply, and the way it appears to read, "they" 3 times (done, tested and prove out) and then "slated for production". I may be putting too much ephasis on "they" and it really means "it", but then I would be changing/inserting other words into what Robert has replied.

There is another scenario................both could be accepted by Shelby for production across the SA Mustang line, but only one will be a Super Snake item.

R

• 3 weeks later...

Update ...reworked bar is being shipped to SAI tomorrow for approval :happy feet: fitment looks great....will have my fingers crossed that this will be a go...thanks for your patience...Reg

Update ...reworked bar is being shipped to SAI tomorrow for approval :happy feet: fitment looks great....will have my fingers crossed that this will be a go...thanks for your patience...Reg

Thanks for the update Reg. Looking forward to seeing what improvements you have for us. :rockon:

• 4 weeks later...

any news yet from shelby if they will sell these

Last I heard, one of the manufacturers is in final negotiations with SA.

Last I heard, one of the manufacturers is in final negotiations with SA.

And now the question is......................With the additional height of the 3.6LC KB, which bar, or bars can have their mounting points raised, are still thin enough to clear the 3.6, provide strut tower bracing, and most of all, still be able to close the Super Snake hood?

Picture1726-8.jpg

The second picture below may be the answer. The 3.6LC fits under the Super Snake hood, BUT.............it may also require lowering of the engine to get a STB in place, maybe. <<These are my thoughts.............

Picture1725-9.jpg

R

any news on either one of these braces yet thanks

My strut brace has been approved by Shelby for the 2.8 KB and will be in the Performance Parts website in the next 7-10 days with all the options...have sent the 2010 Strut for approval and will see if it will clear the 3.4 Wipple and 3.6 KB....Reg

My strut brace has been approved by Shelby for the 2.8 KB and will be in the Performance Parts website in the next 7-10 days with all the options...have sent the 2010 Strut for approval and will see if it will clear the 3.4 Wipple and 3.6 KB....Reg

Congrats Reg!!

I like mine, I get comments on it everytime I open the hood!!

R

Great Reg! glad to hear it. I will order as soon as it appears!

Ron

• 2 weeks later...

any update on this?

They are being machined ask we speak...wanted them to be in stock before we listed them in the store....I want current pictures for the listing so I have to wait till the first batch is completed...Reg

• 4 years later...
  • 1 month later...

I have the brace you are looking at, clears everything fine looks just as good as it works! I also have the engine lowered, just in case I go with a bigger blower in the future. There is plenty of room under the brace for the larger blower. All in all, I love this brace!

post-35652-0-45278600-1430072988_thumb.jpg

post-35652-0-96553200-1430073002_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Well I was able to install this with 3.6. I am running stock height BMR K member but had to modify the mounts to drop the motor roughly 1/2".

^^^^Thanks for the info. I bought the KB 1/2" lowering mounts for use with my 3.6 install, I didn't know if I would need them, but apparently I will.

R

• 4 years later...
  • 11 months later...
6 minutes ago, COBRAMJL said:

I would also be interested in one, I can be contacted here and cobramjl@aol.com

You do realize that the majority of this topic is over 10 years old and that even the most recent activity (before another "yeah, I'd like one too") is 5+ years old.   Don't have high expectations.

Archived